Assuming we get 6 wins

KnightTiger

4 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why that city even has a bowl. They should call it the Hope Your Cars Still There Bowl. 

The new field and surrounding areas are much safer than the old place. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Win two at home against the state of Mississippi. Beat Vandy and NM. 7 wins. Bowl win is 8.

And there you have it.

5:6 wins seems likely at this point unless our offense improves 

we are going to be underdogs against LSU, Alabama and maybe ole miss 

I think we win two out of three against state arky and Vandy   That puts us at 6-6 and likely in liberty bowl or Birmingham 

independence bowl is lowest after that auburn hasn’t been to Shreveport since the late 90s 

talk about boring there is nothing exciting about Shreveport but if an Auburn/UCF matchup is possible in bowl season then it’s likely getting snatched up by liberty or Birmingham 

Edited by KnightTiger

19 hours ago, AUINSY said:

well that would be wonderful b/c we know Gus' bowl record is horrendous 

Counter-Point....Auburn will be his new Arkansas and he'll destroy us

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yep, I was talking about Birmingham too, but Memphis is no better. 

At least Memphis has the blues culture. Not sure what the attraction is about Birmingham. Maybe a tour of the waste water treatment plant?

easy now, those waste water treatment plants, or as we call them (water reclamation facilities), pays my families bills

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wareaglefan444 said:

easy now, those waste water treatment plants, or as we call them (water reclamation facilities), pays my families bills

We need to add some of those special freeze-dried bugs to our football team to get them reactivated ( kind of like a reserd strategy). Lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Counter-Point....Auburn will be his new Arkansas and he'll destroy us

If only he took other games as serious as Arkansas. He really made it his mission to beat them every year 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

If only he took other games as serious as Arkansas. He really made it his mission to be them every year 

It also helped that Bielema and Chad Morris were the Arky coaches he thrived against. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wareaglefan444 said:

I'm sure it's quite the facility.

How much do you charge for a tour?

I'll bring the whole family.

Actually, I used to install septic tanks years ago, but out business went to $h!+. 😁

On 9/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Gowebb11 said:

It also helped that Bielema and Chad Morris were the Arky coaches he thrived against. 

Gus did lose to a Bielema coached arky team though 

On 9/27/2023 at 6:08 PM, Eagle-1 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why that city even has a bowl. They should call it the Hope Your Cars Still There Bowl. 

Maybe the Mass Exodus Bowl is less harsh??  They can put on a clinic on how to run to population out of town lol. 

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Gowebb11 said:

They shouldn't have fired Bobby (even if I was selfishly hoping they would because I knew if would make them much easier to beat lol).

Edited by AUwent

On 9/27/2023 at 8:35 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Yep, I was talking about Birmingham too, but Memphis is no better. 

At least Memphis has the blues culture. Not sure what the attraction is about Birmingham. Maybe a tour of the waste water treatment plant?

There's still...Vulcan?

On 9/27/2023 at 6:08 PM, Eagle-1 said:

I remember in 2008, Legion Field hosted The Papa John's Bowl. 

What was so ironic about this bowl was that Papa John's didn't deliver to the area of town where Legion Field was located.

The reason was because so many delivery drivers were robbed around that area through the years so Papa John's cut out deliveries to that area altogether. 

I don't know if Papa John's delivers to that area now or not but back in 2008 they weren't. 

• Haha 2

We are 3-2, which is exactly what most of us expected.

We played worse against Cal and aTm than I expected, but better against UGA than I expected. 

We have a chance to be ahead of schedule with a night victory in Baton Rouge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Our Bowl opponent will almost certainly be Colorado. 

I use K-Ford rankings as my baseline and Auburn would be a 10-point favorite against Colorado on a neutral field.

14 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Forfeit the meaningless bowl game and focus on recruiting. 

Need the extra practices. Usually consider ed extremely valuable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Forfeit the meaningless bowl game and focus on recruiting. 

Or play the bowl and let the players have fun while also recruiting. This staff can do both. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

I use K-Ford rankings as my baseline and Auburn would be a 10-point favorite against Colorado on a neutral field.

I will look K-Ford up. I would agree with that spread right now. I feel like by seasons end we will improve more than they will too. It would just be the most ESPN thing to pair us up and play up the narrative that we passed on DS and shouldn’t have. 😅

43 minutes ago, woodford said:

As weird as it sounds, could have higher ratings than the major bowls.