2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Either running backs Cobb or Alston leaving would be a kick in the teeth. Battie or Jackson, not so much.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Either running backs Cobb or Alston leaving would be a kick in the teeth. Battie or Jackson, not so much.

Personally would prefer to keep Cobb, Alston and Battie. JH just didn’t take the next step last year as many thought he would 

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Sean Jackson would make sense if he actually wants to get playing time.  

Maybe Battie?  I’m not sure he’s going to get many more touches than he got last year.

When I think of scholarship running backs I don't even think about Sean Jackson anymore.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Personally would prefer to keep Cobb, Alston and Battie. JH just didn’t take the next step last year as many thought he would 

I would argue that he did. He just took too long to get going following the suspension early last seasons 

Most likely exit would be Battie. He’s a senior, and his carries will probably not go up this year. Alston and Cobb have great chances to be featured backs next year. Didn’t Battie even put his name in the portal previously?

7 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I would argue that he did. He just took too long to get going following the suspension early last seasons 

Prior to the beginning of last season, CHF was quoted as saying that JH was the best running back he had ever had on a team. Certainly didn’t see that backed-up in game performance last season. 

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 3

I'd be bummed if Cobb leaves. He's the best RB, IMO. His workload should increase this year, and next year he'll be the man. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Prior to the beginning of last season, CHF was quoted as saying that JH was the best running back he had ever had on a team. Certainly didn’t see that backed-up in game performance last season. 

Hard for him when he didn't know whether or not he would get to play last year and our play calling was abhorrent. I agree he needs to step it up but there were a lot of excuses for his performance last year.

• Like 1

Hopefully, we’ll start seeing some portal activity soon!   I expect a few guys to depart as they don’t see a path to significant playing time.   And hopefully we’ll bring in some quality players to fill needs.  

Anyone hearing anything yet???

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Cobb would be most devastating to me personally.

I don't see Brent Fullwood in Cobb and if I don't see high quality talent, I'm not bothered at all. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I don't see Brent Fullwood in Cobb and if I don't see high quality talent, I'm not bothered at all. 

He's the most complete back we have IMO

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Hard for him when he didn't know whether or not he would get to play last year and our play calling was abhorrent. I agree he needs to step it up but there were a lot of excuses for his performance last year.

Seemed to perform fine as a TF and backup. He’s had 3 years in the system. 

3 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

I'd be bummed if Cobb leaves. He's the best RB, IMO. His workload should increase this year, and next year he'll be the man. 

Agreed. He seems to potentially have the highest ceiling of the group and is good as a check down option as well. 

• Like 1

A little sad about this one I have liked him a lot since his high school recruitment. He does seem to be down the depth chart a bit though. The freshmen have been performing well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

A little sad about this one I have liked him a lot since his high school recruitment. He does seem to be down the depth chart a bit though. The freshmen have been performing well.

Agreed. But that seems to be the spot that we recruit best.

Way less certain about the Offense. Think we'll lose anymore WRs, OL or QBs? 

Edited by HAPvsOA

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He was given multiple chances to change his ways. He chose not to. I agree though I wanted him to be successful 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Agreed. But that seems to be the spot that we recruit best.

Way less certain about the Offense. Think we'll lose anymore WRs, OL or QBs? 

WRs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Hopefully, we’ll start seeing some portal activity soon!   I expect a few guys to depart as they don’t see a path to significant playing time.   And hopefully we’ll bring in some quality players to fill needs.  

Anyone hearing anything yet???

The chatter all seems to be in this thread started today. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Don’t see it.  JH is slow out of the blocks.  Fast once in the open but that doesn’t happen much unless you’re playing Vandy.   Cobb looks to be very versatile and it would be real bad to lose him. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Moore or Fair? 

And Burton

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And Burton

So .. all 3 you say. 

38 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Don’t see it.  JH is slow out of the blocks.  Fast once in the open but that doesn’t happen much unless you’re playing Vandy.   Cobb looks to be very versatile and it would be real bad to lose him. 

How much of the JH mystique is because of that 94-yard run? That's the only run I remember. I'm sure he's had others.