More Fallout from Biden's Withdrawal from Afghanistan

Much has already been discussed here about the results of Biden's poorly planned withdrawal from Afghanistan. Recall that we stupidly left a lot of military assets behind including thousands or M-4 rifles. Now we are seeing that the Hamas terrorists attacking Israel are using them. You can be sure a lot of the other assets left behind are now in the hands of bad guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

More concerning to me is the way Biden said he wouldn’t leave any American behind and proceeded to do just that.  He has not said a word about the 9 Americans killed in Israel by Hamas and has not mentioned the Americans that have been taken hostage.  He called a lid at noon today and 11:30 yesterday.  Who is on top of this situation?

I pray for the hostages.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

More concerning to me is the way Biden said he wouldn’t leave any American behind and proceeded to do just that.  He has not said a word about the 9 Americans killed in Israel by Hamas and has not mentioned the Americans that have been taken hostage.  He called a lid at noon today and 11:30 yesterday.  Who is on top of this situation?

I pray for the hostages.

Agreed. And I would add that our current DHS and FBI showed their incompetence by not having a clue the attack was coming. On Sept. 29 WH National Security Advisor Sullivan even said things were better in the Middle East than in a long time.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

In diplomacy and national security, as with personal relations and social life, credibility is a precious good. Once lost, it is difficult to recover. With its botched withdrawal from Afghanistan in the summer of 2021 – accompanied by falsehoods it disseminated to conceal its blunders and to meet its domestic political goals – the Biden administration dealt a blow to American credibility and undercut U.S. interests.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/10/09/the_costs_of_the_afghanistan_withdrawal_debacle_149861.html

Edited by AUFAN78

A lot of posts about Biden on this forum...is he even a real person anymore?  Better to focus angst towards the uniparty that loves continual war.

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Sad how many delusional people there are supporting the evil ones who kill innocent men, women and even babies in cold blood. I guess it takes a 9/11 to bring reality hoe to them.

14 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Sad how many delusional people there are supporting the evil ones who kill innocent men, women and even babies in cold blood. I guess it takes a 9/11 to bring reality hoe to them.

The Palestinians did have a unique grievance. However, they chose to sell their soul to Hamas. And after butchering almost 1000 innocents - even most liberals no longer want to hear about it. Gaza is about to sadly reap the whirlwind.

Edited by auburnatl1

One other fallout will be the American hostages.  Biden opened the flood gates when he traded a WNBA player for a weapons dealer with the Russians and more recently $6 billion and Iranian detainees for 5 Americans.  I wonder how much Hamas will ask for Americans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Who is the unuparty that loves continuous war?

The Rhinos and Democrats, usually career politicians, that work together, trading victories and defeats back and forth, to advance the war machine, elevate corporate power, and chip away at our rights.  Solutions that benefit Americans never seem to move forward, instead we get a lot of laws and regulations that don’t actually fix root causes, they just cost us more money in the form of taxes, insurance premiums, and inflation.  And here we are today with an economy on the verge of collapse, an undocumented immigration problem that’s about to flip into a national security crisis, and we’re now about to fund another war with made-up money all while Americans are finding it extremely difficult to afford the basic necessities- food, housing, and energy.  The uniparty has been working together in lockstep because they’re funded by sources that don’t give a c$&/ about you and I.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The Palestinians did have a unique grievance. However, they chose to sell their soul to Hamas. And after butchering almost 1000 innocents - even most liberals no longer want to hear about it. Gaza is about to sadly reap the whirlwind.

This is really stupid on nearly all accounts. 

The Hamas elections in 2006 were extremely close with tons of US intervention. There were years of fighting between The Fatah and Hamas. The US was caught trying to give arms to the Fatah to help them over throw Hammas. Of course our meddling made it worse. 

Hammas isn't widely approved of by its citizens.  Most all people in Israel want peace but the leaders don't. 

Sad you only cry for the civilians "butchered" by Hamas, but just accept the "reaping" ten fold innocent Palestinians are about to face

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is really stupid on nearly all accounts. 

The Hamas elections in 2006 were extremely close with tons of US intervention. There were years of fighting between The Fatah and Hamas. The US was caught trying to give arms to the Fatah to help them over throw Hammas. Of course our meddling made it worse. 

Hammas isn't widely approved of by its citizens.  Most all people in Israel want peace but the leaders don't. 

Sad you only cry for the civilians "butchered" by Hamas, but just accept the "reaping" ten fold innocent Palestinians are about to face

That wasn’t close to my point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No. Stay cryptic and mysterious. 

It’s a pretty common phrase…didn’t know it needed explaining.

This guy knew what was going to happen if we left all those weapons behind.  I wonder why he didn’t intervene when we actually left Afghanistan?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Interesting how Hannity and other clowns pick up a line of attack and so many of you rush to be their soldiers for the cause.

What's interesting is calling Hannity and others reporting facts clowns while showing yourself as a clown. And frankly, not one person on this forum is surprised. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Interesting how Hannity and other clowns pick up a line of attack and so many of you rush to be their soldiers for the cause.

How is Hannity involved here? I see Biden warning against leaving equipment behind. But that’s what he actually did. Don’t see his grandchildren in any danger as of yet, at least the ones he acknowledges as his grandchildren. I guess you don’t get status until you have pulled the hairs on his legs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

How do you know what Hannity picked up?  Are you a fan?

• Haha 1