Stop praising Freeze for everything good but blaming Harsin and Gus for everything bad

TeamZero77

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

TL:DR. The cupboard is bare. And that’s on Harsin and Gus!

A bare cupboard at Auburn has more talent than NMSU and damn sure enough talent to play better than a 3 TD loss. 

What's the worst class Auburn has had the last 10 years in recruiting? I haven't looked but I would bet our worst class the past 10 years is better than Kiffin's best class at Ole Miss. So don't give me "bare cupboard" BS. Gus's last class was #7 nationally. Hell, he recruited inside the top 10 damn near every year and Steele was killing it recruiting the defense. 

Talent didn't lose yesterday. Talent didn't sleepwalk 14-10 against a bad Cal team. Hugh won't have bigger wins than previous coaches. He will damn sure have worst losses though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This fanbase LOVES blaming past coaches and staffs for any little thing that goes wrong but then props up the current coach for every little thing that is good. It doesn't work this way!! Gus has been gone going on 4 years now but some here love to keep beating that dead horse. 

I'll get slammed for this but what in Hugh Freeze's past shows you that he is the man that will lead us past what the other coaches did? Recruiting? Well, when he didn't pay for his players, he has been pretty so so. Coaching? When he did pay for players he didn't do any better than current Ole Miss with Kiffin besides 2 Bama wins. I would argue the current Ole Miss product is better than with Hugh but is doing it with classes that are in the 20's nationally. 

Look at Liberty currently. Jamey Chadwell is 11-0 in year 1. Hugh Freeze got housed and I mean HOUSED, his final 4 games at Liberty last year. Hugh also lost as a 33 point favorite to La Monroe. He lost 49-14 to NMSU last year as a 24 point favorite. He lost NMSU yesterday 31-10 as a 25.5 point favorite. Those are swings of 59 points and 46.5 points. Btw, Liberty under Chadwell smoked NMSU 33-17 this season.

These last 2 games are what Hugh Freeze is and has always been. He went into Fayetteville as a 3.5 underdog and beat an Arkansas team by over 5 TD's that had a new OC and had just won in The Swamp for the first time ever last week. 7 days later, riding a 3 game SEC win streak, Hugh's team loses by 3 TD's at home as a 25.5 point favorite and was NEVER, EVER in the ballgame!!!! Yesterday was the first loss that Auburn has suffered at home against a "non-major" opponent since 1991. We had won 84 straight games at home against non-major opponents until yesterday.

Chizik pulled it out against Utah State. Gus pulled it out against Jax State. Harsin pulled it out against Georgia State. Hugh never was close to pulling this game out.

This is what Hugh Freeze has ALWAYS been. Win a game you have no business winning and then lose a game you have no business losing. How is that better than a coach like Gus who could beat LSU and Bama but couldn't beat them in Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa or UGA in Athens? Hugh won't recruit better than Chizik or Gus when it's all said and done. We praise Hugh for every 4 and 5 star he signs but constantly dogged Gus's classes in the top 10 with 4 and 5 stars and claimed "he gets the wrong 4 and 5 stars and just goes after stars and not positions of need." 

If Hugh accomplished what our past coaches accomplished, alot of fans would put a statue of the man outside the stadium. I'm sorry but he has NEVER done anything as an OC or HC that tells us he will be better than what Chizik or Gus was but everybody props him up as some coaching savant. He hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this year.

Just be ready for years of riding the wildest rollercoaster known to man because his tenure here will be a rollercoaster. Others have been a rollercoaster as well but they weren't a threat to embarrass the school off the field or get us on a death penalty probation like our current coach. 

But Auburn is as aligned from top to bottom as we've ever been and everybody that matters at Auburn ALL got their coach!!! Or did we just get a coach we knew would be cheap and wouldn't turn us down and we knew we had the leverage over because of his past? Then the Auburn big wigs simply spin it as "we are all aligned" trying to get the entire fanbase onboard with a checkered coach. War Eagle

I ain’t readin all that but I will say, Hugh played the last several games of last season with his 3rd and 4th string QBs due to injuries. 

• Haha 3

This again? To be honest as of right now all three suck 

Gus and Harsin absolutely ruined the people management side of AU

Freeze can’t multitask- you have to coach and recruit. He just said let’s take a dump on 2023. He has a big steamer right now. 

Freeze, Gus, and Harsin all currently stink . Change my mind 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I ain’t readin all that but I will say, Hugh played the last several games of last season with his 3rd and 4th string QBs due to injuries. 

Sorry, you're lazy and hate to read.

Oh, so the excuses of "he only lost his last 4 games last year because he was focused on this Auburn job" are being changed to hurt QB's now? Kiffin was flirting with Auburn and also lost his last 4 games last year but it was because "he's a loser and was only good because talent at Alabama."

Some folks will spin and spin to keep from admitting the obvious.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Sorry, you're lazy and hate to read.

Oh, so the excuses of "he only lost his last 4 games last year because he was focused on this Auburn job" are being changed to hurt QB's now? Kiffin was flirting with Auburn and also lost his last 4 games last year but it was because "he's a loser and was only good because talent at Alabama."

Some folks will spin and spin to keep from admitting the obvious.

It’s Sunday afternoon and I’ve been napping. Leave me alone, grumpy. 

And the QB injury issue was well known to people who pay attention. It’s just facts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And the QB injury issue was well known to people who pay attention. It’s just facts. 

In all fairness, his grumpiness notwithstanding, it’s a little unfair to ask him to leave you alone when you are replying to his posts.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Freeze can’t multitask- you have to coach and recruit. He just said let’s take a dump on 2023. He has a big steamer right now. 

According to Hugh he has put his foot down with the offensive staff and said that its gonna be done his way and thats when we started winning. But when we lose gimme games by 3 TD'S it's because he can't focus on the task due to recruiting. He can win in Arkansas but can't win at home as a 25 point favorite.

If he has thrown this season away and said it's a loss and focus on recruiting, why does he look like he's aged 30 years in yesterday's postgame presser and seem pissed off and short with reporters? If he just wrote the season off, it seems he wouldn't care about a loss this much.

I agree about the 3 coaches thing in a way. I believe AUwent made a comment yesterday saying Auburn just might not ever get any higher as a whole than what Gus accomplished in his 8 years. I don't want to believe that but history of this program says he has a point. 

The highs this program has had over the past couple decades, Gus was on staff either as an OC or HC. He also had Cam win a Heisman, Tre Mason made it to NYC as a Heisman Finalist, Nick Marshall finished 7th in Heisman and his one year as Arkansas OC, Darren McFadden finished 2nd for the Heisman and its Arkansas's only SEC West title. 

He has struggled this year but his trophy case is pretty nice while Hugh Freeze's trophy room is a broom closet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Grumpy. That makes 2 of us.

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Everyone is so snippy today.  

We need something we can all agree on.  

I hate Alabama and I think you should, too. 

The Snippy happens after every major negative event. Some are convinced that if they stomp their feet enough history will be erased. It won’t. We lost to NMSU, and badly. And I join you in hating Bama. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

A bare cupboard at Auburn has more talent than NMSU and damn sure enough talent to play better than a 3 TD loss. 

What's the worst class Auburn has had the last 10 years in recruiting? I haven't looked but I would bet our worst class the past 10 years is better than Kiffin's best class at Ole Miss. So don't give me "bare cupboard" BS. Gus's last class was #7 nationally. Hell, he recruited inside the top 10 damn near every year and Steele was killing it recruiting the defense. 

Talent didn't lose yesterday. Talent didn't sleepwalk 14-10 against a bad Cal team. Hugh won't have bigger wins than previous coaches. He will damn sure have worst losses though.

I'm not sure why you speak in definites. How are you so sure? What is your background and experience? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Can you predict the future?

• Like 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

The Snippy happens after every major negative event. Some are convinced that if they stomp their feet enough history will be erased. It won’t. We lost to NMSU, and badly. And I join you in hating Bama. 

I agree, I'm grumpy. What's crazy is I told family right at kickoff that I don't feel good about this game for some reason. 

But last night and today I've read some stats others have put up about Hugh's past as a HC and damn, it's always been like this. Always!!! Major highs (for Ole Miss) but really low low's. It's at multiple programs as well and its definately a head scratcher. He always says for the team to not overlook these lesser opponents but if you look at his career, it's as if he's actually telling himself not to overlook lesser opponents. The guy loses some stinkers. 

The other coaches had to be fired, I agree. But judging off the past and that's all we can do, Hugh isn't an upgrade. Not what I thought anyway. How is Hugh the best we could do if everybody was "aligned more than ever?" 

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

What's crazy is I told family right at kickoff that I don't feel good about this game for some reason. 

I posted on here last week that Kill was a good coach and this was their best team in decades. Obviously I didn’t expect to get manhandled but knew if we sloughed around early it could go bad. We’re all grumpy and rightfully so. This staff has a huge challenge ahead of them to move this program forward. 

46 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This fanbase LOVES blaming past coaches and staffs for any little thing that goes wrong but then props up the current coach for every little thing that is good. It doesn't work this way!! Gus has been gone going on 4 years now but some here love to keep beating that dead horse. 

I'll get slammed for this but what in Hugh Freeze's past shows you that he is the man that will lead us past what the other coaches did? Recruiting? Well, when he didn't pay for his players, he has been pretty so so. Coaching? When he did pay for players he didn't do any better than current Ole Miss with Kiffin besides 2 Bama wins. I would argue the current Ole Miss product is better than with Hugh but is doing it with classes that are in the 20's nationally. 

Look at Liberty currently. Jamey Chadwell is 11-0 in year 1. Hugh Freeze got housed and I mean HOUSED, his final 4 games at Liberty last year. Hugh also lost as a 33 point favorite to La Monroe. He lost 49-14 to NMSU last year as a 24 point favorite. He lost NMSU yesterday 31-10 as a 25.5 point favorite. Those are swings of 59 points and 46.5 points. Btw, Liberty under Chadwell smoked NMSU 33-17 this season.

These last 2 games are what Hugh Freeze is and has always been. He went into Fayetteville as a 3.5 underdog and beat an Arkansas team by over 5 TD's that had a new OC and had just won in The Swamp for the first time ever last week. 7 days later, riding a 3 game SEC win streak, Hugh's team loses by 3 TD's at home as a 25.5 point favorite and was NEVER, EVER in the ballgame!!!! Yesterday was the first loss that Auburn has suffered at home against a "non-major" opponent since 1991. We had won 84 straight games at home against non-major opponents until yesterday.

Chizik pulled it out against Utah State. Gus pulled it out against Jax State. Harsin pulled it out against Georgia State. Hugh never was close to pulling this game out.

This is what Hugh Freeze has ALWAYS been. Win a game you have no business winning and then lose a game you have no business losing. How is that better than a coach like Gus who could beat LSU and Bama but couldn't beat them in Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa or UGA in Athens? Hugh won't recruit better than Chizik or Gus when it's all said and done. We praise Hugh for every 4 and 5 star he signs but constantly dogged Gus's classes in the top 10 with 4 and 5 stars and claimed "he gets the wrong 4 and 5 stars and just goes after stars and not positions of need." 

If Hugh accomplished what our past coaches accomplished, alot of fans would put a statue of the man outside the stadium. I'm sorry but he has NEVER done anything as an OC or HC that tells us he will be better than what Chizik or Gus was but everybody props him up as some coaching savant. He hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this year.

Just be ready for years of riding the wildest rollercoaster known to man because his tenure here will be a rollercoaster. Others have been a rollercoaster as well but they weren't a threat to embarrass the school off the field or get us on a death penalty probation like our current coach. 

But Auburn is as aligned from top to bottom as we've ever been and everybody that matters at Auburn ALL got their coach!!! Or did we just get a coach we knew would be cheap and wouldn't turn us down and we knew we had the leverage over because of his past? Then the Auburn big wigs simply spin it as "we are all aligned" trying to get the entire fanbase onboard with a checkered coach. War Eagle

This Bryan Malzahn? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to Hugh he has put his foot down with the offensive staff and said that its gonna be done his way and thats when we started winning. But when we lose gimme games by 3 TD'S it's because he can't focus on the task due to recruiting. He can win in Arkansas but can't win at home as a 25 point favorite.

If he has thrown this season away and said it's a loss and focus on recruiting, why does he look like he's aged 30 years in yesterday's postgame presser and seem pissed off and short with reporters? If he just wrote the season off, it seems he wouldn't care about a loss this much.

I agree about the 3 coaches thing in a way. I believe AUwent made a comment yesterday saying Auburn just might not ever get any higher as a whole than what Gus accomplished in his 8 years. I don't want to believe that but history of this program says he has a point. 

The highs this program has had over the past couple decades, Gus was on staff either as an OC or HC. He also had Cam win a Heisman, Tre Mason made it to NYC as a Heisman Finalist, Nick Marshall finished 7th in Heisman and his one year as Arkansas OC, Darren McFadden finished 2nd for the Heisman and its Arkansas's only SEC West title. 

He has struggled this year but his trophy case is pretty nice while Hugh Freeze's trophy room is a broom closet.

That’s what I said about the GUS 2.0 reference regarding CHF. Like Gus or not he has way more accolades. CHF is CHF. 

Edited by e808

31 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The only one that matters is Freeze and too new to push out yet so IMo must move on from this game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Hey Gus, go post on UCF boards.   This topic is dead.   HF is the coach.   If he loses enough times,  he will be fired.   Until that time, act like you actually like Auburn.   

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

NMSU was 0-24 against the SEC all-time. They were 0-27 against Power 5 opponents all-time. Until Saturday.

NMSU is 2-0 against Hugh Freeze. In those 2 wins they outscored Freeze's team 80-24. 

Hugh has laid eggs in games when he's a big favorite his entire coaching career. It would also be like him to beat Alabama this weekend. His coaching career is as up and down as his personal life has been.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

NMSU was 0-24 against the SEC all-time. They were 0-27 against Power 5 opponents all-time. Until Saturday.

NMSU is 2-0 against Hugh Freeze. In those 2 wins they outscored Freeze's team 80-24. 

Hugh has laid eggs in games when he's a big favorite his entire coaching career. It would also be like him to beat Alabama this weekend. His coaching career is as up and down as his personal life has been.

OK. So what! 
We are here now. If this is not where you want to be with us, begone. 
The constant whining and virtual stomping of feet will not change where we are.

I’ll let CHF do his job and trust this is a building block to a better future. 
Or… you can post about five more times how you just KNOW this is the best we’ll be with CHF. I choose to look ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

While you're foretelling the future, how is the NASDAQ going to do the next few months? 

• Haha 1