Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

On 12/8/2023 at 10:11 AM, woodford said:

Here's the tweet: "Paired pressure to sack rate with success rate on pressured dropbacks to see if avoiding sacks meant throwing the ball away/-EPA plays or successful plays. Bo Nix was rarely pressured but when he was he was elite at mitigating it"

If whoever wrote this tweet meant while he was at AU, they have no credibility. Nix was constantly running for his life while at AU. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gman87 said:

If whoever wrote this tweet meant while he was at AU, they have no credibility. Nix was constantly running for his life while at AU. 

That tweet us talking about the current year

• Like 1

He beat Oregon lsu and bammer.  Heck of a player and made the best business decision ever transferring to Oregon!  1.5 million and a trip to NY as a heisman candidate!

Edited by AUY2K
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, gman87 said:

They did not. That graph shows 2023 stats. 

• Like 1

Based off that chart, I'm leaning to the O-line having trouble in pass pro, and Thorne being pretty bad...and the receivers dropping passes probably contributed to that as well. 

When talking about PT and his overall performance this year I think we have to consider the coaches play calling and subs over the entire season. And that goes for all QBs on the roster. Robby really wasn’t used as creatively as he could have been IMO. Maybe he refused? But Offensive rhythm was seldom created by the coaches and the players suffered. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I really really really think we should go after ty Thompson. He'd be perfect for Freeze

Would probably cause all the rest leaving as he hasn’t started anywhere yet , but what limited time he played this year he did well.

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Would probably cause all the rest leaving as he hasn’t started anywhere yet , but what limited time he played this year he did well.

If they leave because they are scared of competition then ✌️ . We need somebody who is talented who can come in and up the level of play

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

There isn't a QB on on roster we should fear losing 

Let em all leave

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If they leave because they are scared of competition then ✌️ . We need somebody who is talented who can come in and up the level of play

He was high rated when he landed at Oregon, not talented enough to their coaches to not spend a great deal of money to bring someone else in. Also curious that he seems to be doing the same thing at Oregon (dodging apparently better competition that is talented).

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He was high rated when he landed at Oregon, not talented enough to their coaches to not spend a great deal of money to bring someone else in. Also curious that he seems to be doing the same thing at Oregon (dodging apparently better competition that is talented).

Lol OK.  Let's not.  Let's just stick with PT! Who needs comp.  So what about his play did you see to not want to bring him in?

Edited by cole256

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think that may be what Oregon is saying too.

At some point someone else's trash is our treasure. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol OK.  Let's not.  Let's just stick with PT! Who needs comp.  

I like proven competition, at least with Thorne we had 2 active years. Thompson none, but should be much cheaper.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

At some point someone else's trash is our treasure. 

Literally like the last 5 Heisman winners has been transfers. Dude just want PT 

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I like proven competition, at least with Thorne we had 2 active years. Thompson none, but should be much cheaper.

What did you see from it though? What did you see from PT to not want to bring anybody else in.  Not even want to have a convo on a forum?

Just now, cole256 said:

And I for the life of me can't understand why people on a forum want to talk money

Same in NFL or pro sports pretending to be aghast during big free agent deals

Just now, cole256 said:

What did you see from it though? What did you see from PT to not want to bring anybody else in.  Not even want to have a convo on a forum?

I actually want someone else in ( what I meant by proven competition), would just rather have someone with some data. PT was probably best choice at that time (after spring). I thought we were conversing. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And I for the life of me can't understand why people on a forum want to talk money

I mentioned it because it seems to be the main driver for transfer QB’s.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I actually want someone else in ( what I meant by proven competition), would just rather have someone with some data. PT was probably best choice at that time (after spring). I thought we were conversing. 

I get what u saying, Hank. U want a proven QB who has done it at the major college level. I agree. 

On the flip side we had that with PT. 3yr starter, threw for a ton of yds and Tds. at MSU. It didn't carry over to AU last year.

Kinda a crap shoot either way.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I get what u saying, Hank. U want a proven QB who has done it at the major college level. I agree. 

On the flip side we had that with PT. 3yr starter, threw for a ton of yds and Tds. at MSU. It didn't carry over to AU last year.

Kinda a crap shoot either way.

PT was best after spring, way down the list before. His data gave us some indication that there might be potential problems (alot on this forum brought that to our attention at the time and opined about it.