Keionte Scott

bigbird

Auburn DB Keionte Scott to return for 2024 season

Scott is Auburn's leading tackler over the past two seasons

Nathan King8 mins

A huge domino has fallen in Auburn's favor for its 2024 roster.

Keionte Scott will return for his final college season next year in favor of the NFL draft, he announced on social media Monday morning. The rising fifth-year senior received a Senior Bowl invite but is instead headed back to the Plains as a huge piece of Auburn's 2024 defense.

Auburn's leading tackler over the past two seasons, Scott will look to reprise his role as Auburn's starting nickel cornerback for the third straight season. Despite missing three games due to an early season ankle injury, Scott played some of the best football of his career late in the season, finishing with 41 tackles, two tackles for loss and four pass breakups.

Against Arkansas, Scott housed a 74-yard punt for Auburn's first touchdown on a punt return since the 2014 season.

But Scott's biggest impact comes with his leadership and instincts on defense, as Hugh Freeze and Auburn's coaches mentioned so many times this season, especially when he was injured. Having him on the field makes Auburn's defense better as a whole, and he's been one of the Tigers' most athletic and dynamic playmakers for the past two years.

A former top-end JUCO recruit, Scott's return is key for an Auburn secondary that has already lost three other starters — cornerbacks D.J. James and Nehemiah Pritchett, and safety Jaylin Simpson — to the NFL draft. Safety Zion Puckett has the option of returning for a sixth season of eligibility.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

HUUUUUUUGE! 

Yuuujja

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If he is going to return punts, let's make him the only #0 on the team. Y'all can figure out why I'm sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

If he is going to return punts, let's make him the only #0 on the team. Y'all can figure out why I'm sure.

@ArgoEagle Wouldn't have mattered. He was in the tent getting his shoulder checked out when the muffed pint happened.

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@ArgoEagle Wouldn't have mattered. He was in the tent getting his shoulder checked out when the muffed pint happened.

It was a joke E.   Doesn't matter any way.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I hope he changes his mind

Why?   An NFL career is short.  If he can strike while the iron is hot, wish him well.  Stop being selfish.  

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

It was a joke E. 

Wasn't sure. I know a lot of people who didn't know he was getting looked at in the tent.

1 hour ago, NCAubs said:

Why?   An NFL career is short.  If he can strike while the iron is hot, wish him well.  Stop being selfish.  

Stop assuming 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Stop assuming 

Would love to see him come back with some legit pass rushers on each end.   I'm not sure he got to show his best this year.   You only get your first k, once.