Charles Kelly to join Defensive Staff

Win4AU

24 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Would be clarifying if we knew what really took place to get McGriff reassigned. Would really answer questions. Freeze seemed to side with the final on field coaches.

i would think crime dawg probably decided to move on after the problem arose. i like it and the kids seem to like him. but that is my guess hank. i am sure they offered to keep crimedog. i am not saying who is wrong or who is right. i just want folks to be treated fair and i want a damn winner on the field.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i would think crime dawg probably decided to move on after the problem arose. i like it and the kids seem to like him. but that is my guess hank. i am sure they offered to keep crimedog. i am not saying who is wrong or who is right. i just want folks to be treated fair and i want a damn winner on the field.

I’m right there with you. We never get to know these things (and rightfully so IMO). Just hope for correct moves by Freeze to continue the rebuild. On field coaching/getting premium effort from players is closely married to getting good enough players to AU to get the game to game results we all are hoping for.

• Like 1

Regarding coaching changes, I'm not sure why Montgomery was retained. The offense was putrid beyond the quality of our players. The defense was better, and maybe on par with our talent level, but some of the defensive in-game decisions were questionable to say the least. I've seen enough from the OC to say he doesn't have what it takes.

2 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Regarding coaching changes, I'm not sure why Montgomery was retained. The offense was putrid beyond the quality of our players. The defense was better, and maybe on par with our talent level, but some of the defensive in-game decisions were questionable to say the least. I've seen enough from the OC to say he doesn't have what it takes.

Freeze has said multiple times he didn't like the offensive game plan.  Yet thus far he has kept Montgomery.  Kinda weird to me

5 minutes ago, gman87 said:

I think if we make the play on the ball in endzone in iron bowl, we think the defense is well positioned. I think Roberts should stay and will be interesting to see how his relegation to CO-DC works out. Not sure how he keeps OC, maybe gives more influence to the OC guy he brought from Liberty.

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Freeze has said multiple times he didn't like the offensive game plan.  Yet thus far he has kept Montgomery.  Kinda weird to me

Not much of a head coach if he didn’t change it. Or maybe he doesn’t know what to do.