2026 4* WR Denairius Gray Committs to Auburn

toddc

Auburn lands second 2026 commitment from WR Denairius Gray

Gray joins offensive lineman Kail Ellis in the 2026 class.

Christian Clemente9 mins

Auburn continues to build for the future.

On New Year's Day, Hugh Freeze got his second commitment for the 2026 recruiting class with wide receiver Denairius Gray out of Chaminade-Madonna (Fla.) choosing the Tigers. He joins offensive lineman Kail Ellis in the class a couple of years out already.

Gray visited Auburn twice this season, including a multi-day visit and a trip up for the Iron Bowl.

Starting his high school career at Somerset Academy (Fla.), the 6-foot-2, 178-pound Gray caught 56 passes for 752 yards and 14 touchdowns while also totaling 42 tackles as a safety on defense and an interception. Playing at Chaminade-Madonna as a sophomore, Gray caught 25 passes for 372 yards and 11 touchdowns while playing alongside 5-star Ohio State signee Jeremiah Smith and Miami signee Jojo Trader. 

From Hollywood (Fla.), it's another win for Auburn wide receivers coach Marcus Daviswho continues to work on reshaping the wide receiver room. Davis is originally from Boynton Beach (Fla.), going back to near his home for his newest commitment.

“I have a good relationship with him,” Gray said after his first visit this fall. “He’s from where I’m from, from Boynton. He could teach me a lot because he came from where I’m from. I could learn a lot from him.”

Gray also held offers from Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Penn State, NC State, Pitt, UCF, Texas A&M, West Virginia and plenty of other Group of Five programs.

In the 2026 class, USC leads the way with four commitments, while Florida State has three behind them. Auburn's two commitments is No. 3 in the country.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

• toddc changed the title to 2026 WR Denairius Gray Committs to Auburn

25 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Davis has done an incredible job recruiting. Wow 

War damn Marcus Davis Eagle!!!!! 🦅 💙🧡 wooooo!!!! Legggoooo

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6470.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Look at that offer list. Wow 🤩 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hard to get too excited this far out.  IF Auburn can get its act together and avoid fiascos like 2023's NMSU and MD games, they may have a chance at holding on to 2025/2026 recruits.  If not, it's hard for me to believe these guys will stick with us when the 'elite' programs will be after them.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Why bring the Debbie downer stuff to a recruit thread. C’mon man 

I would say this site is about 40% Debbie Downers. Just blowing up the Transfer Portal thread right now.  Just go look; talking about losing Cam & Perry next year before we even have our full roster set.  SMH at these people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Hard to get too excited this far out.  IF Auburn can get its act together and avoid fiascos like 2023's NMSU and MD games, they may have a chance at holding on to 2025/2026 recruits.  If not, it's hard for me to believe these guys will stick with us when the 'elite' programs will be after them.

It’s ok to simply be happy and excited about a new commitment from a highly sought after young player.  Honest to goodness, you can simply be happy.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I would say this site is about 40% Debbie Downers. Just blowing up the Transfer Portal thread right now.  Just go look; talking about losing Cam & Perry next year before we even have our full roster set.  SMH at these people.

Even the nest has turned into this .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Why bring the Debbie downer stuff to a recruit thread. C’mon man 

Some folks just can't be happy.  Hell, I'm married to someone like that.😀

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

I used to be married to someone like that! 😂 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

I hope she doesn't read this thread.  :)

Big Time Addition - this is something that Auburn fans haven’t seen in my lifetime. Attracting top talent from classes that are years in the future. Rarely do we enter a recruiting class where we are the early favorites to land top talent unless they are a legacy recruit. Even with guys that we ended up landing, they had early projections to other big time schools. Now we are truly getting in on the top talent early and becoming a destination school for big time recruits. 

17 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Glass half empty (GHE)...

18 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

If he doesn't get everyone on the same page it may be hard to get the 24 recruits to stick around.

4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I hope she doesn't read this thread.  :)

No. She hates sports.  Her uncle used to coach in college, the CFL, and the NFL.  Did that for over 30 years.  He was a drinking buddy and skirt chaser with Bear Bryant.  (Cost him 2 marriages and quite a few $$$$).  All her life that's all she heard...sports, sports, and more sports.  Finally she just said no more.  Wouldn't watch a game if her life depended on it.  But I love her (I guess).😀

Edited by tinman1
  • Like 1

If a large enough asteroid collides with Earth, we could loose all of our current players and all of our recruits.

• Haha 2

Stocking up on receivers at this rate, some are surely going to rise to the top. And maybe help recruiting  more/better QBs as well.

Is Auburn going to become WRU?

• ellitor changed the title to 2026 4* WR Denairius Gray Committs to Auburn