2024 3* Texas Transfer S Jerrin Thompson Commits To AU!

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think this area is something that needs more evaluation. (And maybe coaches are doing it) My first question to a potential transfer prospect  would be "Why do you want to leave your current school?"

I’ve seen some Texas fans say that the Texas coaches asked him to look elsewhere and wanted new bodies at their safety positions

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I’ve seen some Texas fans say that the Texas coaches asked him to look elsewhere and wanted new bodies at their safety positions

Thats always an honest evaluation of those starting players entering the portal( jest).

21 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

@TigerHorn I assume you’re an Auburn/UT fan. Seen this guy much?

Grad of Texas (2x). I casually follow Longhorn sports, but their message boards that I know of are all highly toxic places, worse than the free board here or ITAT's old board by far, so I have never gotten into the player by player details. If he was good enough to see the field at Texas, he's probably more than good enough to start for AU for a year of fill in. He will also have a pre-programmed hate of OU stored up for that game, and some experience defending their O to pass along.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Grad of Texas (2x). I casually follow Longhorn sports, but their message boards that I know of are all highly toxic places, worse than the free board here or ITAT's old board by far, so I have never gotten into the player by player details. If he was good enough to see the field at Texas, he's probably more than good enough to start for AU for a year of fill in. He will also have a pre-programmed hate of OU stored up for that game, and some experience defending their O to pass along.

He began the season #1 on the depth chart, backed by a freshman.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:51 AM, RunInRed said:

IMG_2023.jpeg

I'm glad he called it the Jungle. JHS needs to be called "The Jungle" more often. That was a great nickname back in the 00's.

• Like 1