Thoughts on the Ole Miss game

I expect a 10+ point win with us being at home. I’ve watched Ole Miss a few times and they seem a bit overrated. Bruce has this team dialed in pretty good right now. If we have a terrible night shooting and Ole Miss is on fire we can definitely lose but I like our chances.  I’m glad AF is on their team and not ours. I said what I said. 

Edited by BustemBigBlue

Well you know we will scheme to stop Flan.  He will have to break tendencies to produce today. 

AF will get his points from the line I’m guessing but also be good for a bunch of missed shots and turnovers. 

1 hour ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Do we stop him with Lior, Chris Moore, or CBM? 

I know this may be a bit of a satirical post, but I do think CMo has the size to at least bang in the post with him, which is where he's operated to draw a few fouls. Now...as far as trying to stay in front of him on the perimeter....uh

CBM's length and tendency to put those long arms out there for steals should be good in preventing him from initiating from the perimeter so much. However, Flan's going to put a shoulder in the dude's chest in some of those around the rim situations, so he's gonna have to put an emphasis on not fouling in retaliation. 

Ole Miss is too athletic for that man Lior to touch the court, and I hope that unless we're up 15+ with someone else requiring a rest, we don't have to be tormented with real Lior minutes

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Chris Moore is too slow and Chad Mazara is about fifty pounds lighter. No one is stopping Allen tonight. We’re still pretty weak on the wing

Meanwhile lior berman is eating flanigans lunch in the first half 😂😂😂

Edited by Lotto
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I know this may be a bit of a satirical post, but I do think CMo has the size to at least bang in the post with him, which is where he's operated to draw a few fouls. Now...as far as trying to stay in front of him on the perimeter....uh

CBM's length and tendency to put those long arms out there for steals should be good in preventing him from initiating from the perimeter so much. However, Flan's going to put a shoulder in the dude's chest in some of those around the rim situations, so he's gonna have to put an emphasis on not fouling in retaliation. 

Ole Miss is too athletic for that man Lior to touch the court, and I hope that unless we're up 15+ with someone else requiring a rest, we don't have to be tormented with real Lior minutes

Ole Miss has not taken advantage of this matchup at all. I’m surprised at the coaching incompetence. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, OfficiatingExpert said:

Ole Miss has not taken advantage of this matchup at all. I’m surprised at the coaching incompetence. 

I think it's tough - between there being simply alot of one on one ball from their players, Flanigan specifically chasing really bad shots against guys he THINKS he should be able to take advantage of, and Auburn just shutting down the paint - I don't envy the job from their coaches. It doesn't help that they're just getting killed on the other end. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

They’re getting killed. Allen and the boys are better than this. I’m really impressed with Auburn on this performance 

No they aren’t.   They haven’t played anyone, and the ones they have played that’s any good has beaten them.    Not really sure who you actually cheering for?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lotto said:

Meanwhile lior berman is eating flanigans lunch in the first half 😂😂😂

😂😂 His posts are some of the most delusional posts I've seen re Flanigan. Can't take anything he says seriously after that nonsense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

😂😂 His posts are some of the most delusional posts I've seen re Flanigan. Can't take anything he says seriously after that nonsense 

I’m very impressed with the way Auburn played tonight. I expected better coaching out of Ole Miss. 

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

No they aren’t.   They haven’t played anyone, and the ones they have played that’s any good has beaten them.    Not really sure who you actually cheering for?  

It’s not Auburn that’s for sure. He’s disappointed he wasn’t right. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

I was originally concerned when Ole Miss started switching defenses on each possession. Donaldson did a great job of diagnosing which defense Ole Miss was in and getting Auburn into the correct play. I believe that I saw only time where Auburn was running a play against a man defense but Ole Miss was in a 2-3 zone. Holloway was pulled quickly after that but I think it might have been just a scheduled rotation thing. When Holloway came back in, he did a much better job of diagnosing the defense. Good job from both point guards. It was good coaching. 

2 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Why don’t you become an ole miss fan 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Berman gave Bruce 110% tonight. He earned every minute he was on the floor.

Def shut down Flan. I was impressed. All that time defending Flan last year on scout team paid off.

• Like 5

On 1/19/2024 at 9:29 PM, arktiger1975 said:

I REALLY want that game tomorrow night! I have lived in Mississippi for almost 9 years now. It didn't take me long to develop a strong dislike for Ole Miss. The old saying that their fans are like bama fans without the championships is definitely true! Not to mention the Flanigans returning, and that sleezy Chris Beard on the other bench. The fact that they won the baseball championship a couple of years ago, have had success in football the last few years, and their hot start they had in basketball this year has only added to their arrogance. And who can forget Marshall Henderson? This is a very big game, and I hope we are locked in and the Jungle is rocking tomorrow night!

Our basketball team is great. How great can we be? 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:29 PM, arktiger1975 said:

I REALLY want that game tomorrow night! I have lived in Mississippi for almost 9 years now. It didn't take me long to develop a strong dislike for Ole Miss. The old saying that their fans are like bama fans without the championships is definitely true! Not to mention the Flanigans returning, and that sleezy Chris Beard on the other bench. The fact that they won the baseball championship a couple of years ago, have had success in football the last few years, and their hot start they had in basketball this year has only added to their arrogance. And who can forget Marshall Henderson? This is a very big game, and I hope we are locked in and the Jungle is rocking tomorrow night!

you got your wiah in spades.........you need to go purchase a lottoticket............grins

• Like 2