2025 4* CB Devin Williams commits to AU!

RunInRed

Notable offers: AU, Bama, Vols, ND, FSU, Ohio St, UGA, Michigan, LSU, Texas, OU, Florida, Penn St, & A&M

• Like 4
  • Love 3

EVALUATED 08/18/2023

Andrew Ivins
Andrew Ivins DIRECTOR OF SCOUTING

A potential coverage ace for a Power Five contender. Believed to be on the smaller side and under 5-foot-11, but owns some of the better track times in the 2025 cycle and has flashed elite short-area quickness along with superb body control. Won a pair of gold medals as an eighth grader at the Georgia Middle School State Championship and has gone as low as 10.65 in the 100-meter dash. High-IQ type of defender that can anticipate routes and put himself in position to make plays. Got plenty of burn on offense as a junior and proved to be a reliable deep target for five-star quarterback Dylan Raiola and at one point was averaging 27.5 yards per catch. Ball skills are impressive for his age and highlight tape is full of clips where he puts his body on the line to move the chains. Hasn’t been asked to press a ton of wide receivers, but has the skill set to thrive in a slot corner role if he can add some core strength and refine technique. Should be viewed as a potential impact player in the secondary that can help slow down pass-happy attacks.

https://247sports.com/Player/Devin-Williams-46136036/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About a week ago, Buford (Ga.) four-star cornerback Devin Williams was lining up spring visits to Auburn, Notre Dame and Texas A&M. He even had dates locked in for trips to the Plains, South Bend and College Station. Then he started having that feeling. That feeling didn’t go away. So he canceled those visits and followed his heart. 

“I committed to Auburn,” Williams told On3. “It was a different feeling. I was planning some visits in the spring, I thought I would take official visits, but over the last four or five days, it just hit me. The more I thought about it, I knew Auburn was where I wanted to be. I knew it was time to commit and I knew Auburn the school.”

“Since the new staff came in, they have reached out, they have checked on me, they ask about school and they have just made sure I am good. That meant a lot. Auburn showed me they wanted me and every time I was there, it felt like home.”

https://www.on3.com/college/auburn-tigers/news/devin-williams-4-star-cb-commits-to-auburn-tigers/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

This........finally

Hope he's better than Jessel 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Hope he's better than Jessel 🤣

I just threw up all my beers...................................................

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Big time pick up!  

Love getting into Buford early

Ever better to Buford? Campus and facilities are ridiculous. University of Buford. City school, so they recruit and people can pay a relatively minor amount to attend if out of district. 

Haven’t been to a football game there but have been there for daughter’s softball. Big 💰 has gone into that school.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I just threw up all my beers...................................................

That is a lot of beer...

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Appears to be a solid pick up.  Let’s keep em coming 

Yeah he's a big pick up especially being from Buford 

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* CB Devin Williams commits to AU!
  • ellitor featured this topic

Good news but hard to get real excited in today's NIL world.

Finally got one from Buford.  What an impressive list of offers!  Let's just hope that we can hang on to him for the long haul.

16 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Big time.love that he's at Buford. A Little concerned about him being 5-9

24 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

image.gif.8fff1914ac88e85c9681aa4793b98d7a.gif

Haha I see what you did there…..

• Haha 2

• Zeek unpinned this topic