The danger of abiding Trump in a nutshell

Well it’s done. Down to 2 candidates - both who’ve aged out - one having no discernible sense of right and wrong (a literal psych job) and the other  struggling with layup type fundamentals like border integrity. And 7 months of both sides trying to defend their dumpster fires. The threads almost write themselves.

image.gif.e3a5d3f98cedc98199cefb209459a977.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Curious.  Have you washed in say, the last month?

Of course. Saturday night whether I need it or not.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2024 at 1:44 PM, AU9377 said:

Always interesting how the right brings up the "Russian hoax", but never wants to explore extorting Ukraine or the fact that Trump has never uttered a negative thought about Putin.

Equally interesting how the left can't make a post without Trump being in it some way.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Equally interesting how the left can't make a post without Trump being in it some way.

I think what causes that is that the left (whom I primarily disagree with) is a defined concept/ideology - it is lead by no one.  The modern gop is not an ideology per se - it’s simply trump and whatever he says that day.

47 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm not even part of "the left" and saying that it isn't about Trump went out the window when you all made him your candidate.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

That makes no sense. 

Doesn’t to me when I read it now so forget about it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The modern gop is not an ideology per se - it’s simply trump and whatever he says that day.

The elected gop do agree with whatever Trump says in order to get re-elected. Strange world.

Not necessarily the rank and file historically voting Republican. They do see Trump better than accepting the leftist “concept/ideology”. Told Homer many times than every Trump supporter is not a complete idiot. He does not agree.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The elected gop do agree with whatever Trump says in order to get re-elected. Strange world.

Not necessarily the rank and file historically voting Republican. They do see Trump better than accepting the leftist “concept/ideology”. Told Homer many times than every Trump supporter is not a complete idiot. He does not agree.

The problem trump supporters have is that Desantis was pure maga, with great pedigree, and without the head case/ethics/legal/polarizing baggage. A fresh start. Plus polled better against Biden.  And still got completely curb stomped.  From any perspective: maga is not an ideology or based on anything  - it’s simply based on someone. Which I struggle with taking seriously. But heck I supported Haley - so what do I know?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Seriously?  You find that "interesting"? 

Why do you suppose that is?

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The problem trump supporters have is that Desantis was pure maga, with great pedigree, and without the head case/ethics/legal/polarizing baggage. A fresh start. Plus polled better against Biden.  And still got completely curb stomped.  From any perspective: maga is not an ideology or based on anything  - it’s simply based on someone. Which I struggle with taking seriously. But heck I supported Haley - so what do I know?

Cult’s have one leader.

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well, sorta. 

I don't certainly think that agree who are merely ignorant people are necessarily idiots, but considering the availability of information today......

Never mind, they're idiots. 

I am starting to think it's a national crisis.

23 hours ago, homersapien said:

Never mind, they're idiots. 

I am convinced you do not have a very good grasp on what an idiot is.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am convinced you do not have a very good grasp on what an idiot is.

Did I strike a personal nerve?