Is Shelton Haygood on crack?

AuTigersX311

Got to keep those uat veiwers(rats) watching(hitting the feeder bar).

We could of won 34-31 and he would say our defense is no good. We could of won 31-0 and he would say LSU is no good. The fact is whatever we do, they (media) will have a reason we won beside the obvious that AU is a pretty good team that could get better.

Even though I think that the LSU offense remark is wrong, I do believe that we are not looking like the number 2 team in the nation. I believe that the offense will begin to look stronger every week but right now there is a lot to be worked on. Buffalo looks to be a great oppurtunity to tune up the Oline and get some young players experience. Our Defense looks like the best in the nation right now but until the Offense looks good I don't believe we are the #2 team.

Even though I think that the LSU offense remark is wrong, I do believe that we are not looking like the number 2 team in the nation. I believe that the offense will begin to look stronger every week but right now there is a lot to be worked on. Buffalo looks to be a great oppurtunity to tune up the Oline and get some young players experience. Our Defense looks like the best in the nation right now but until the Offense looks good I don't believe we are the #2 team.

Those guys wearing the purple and gold had a LOT to do with the AU offense not "looking good". :rolleyes:

Those guys wearing the purple and gold had a LOT to do with the AU offense not "looking good". :rolleyes:

Why are there five "Top Sports Stories" and all are about UA? !(@#%&!@#&%$. Break out the email again.

BAMA Opponents avg ppg.

Hawaii

O=30 ppg D=19ppg

Vandy

O=12 ppg D=20 ppg

ULM

O=17ppg D=23ppg

Total Avgs O=20ppg D= 21 ppg

Bama Averge Score

O=26 ppg D=11 ppg

Comparison: O=+6 D=-10

Auburn Opponents avg ppg.

Wazzu

O=29ppg D=22 ppg

MSU

O=10 ppg D=28 ppg

LSU

O= 31 ppg D=4 ppg

Total Avgs O=23ppg D= 18 ppg

Auburn Average Score

O=27 D=6

Comaprison: O=+4 D=-12

Sounds like we are about average if you ask me.

Linky Dink

LSU doesn't have a good offense??

At this point how do we know how good LSU's offense is? Can't really judge the results of the ULL and Arizona games. Keep in mind that our running game struggled at times in both of those games. We never ran the ball consistently. Our blocking for the run was our biggest concern going into the AU game. However, blocking for the pass has been excellent. During the AU game our coach was hard headed and insisted on staying with a 50/50 run pass ratio until the last two possessions of the game despite gaining less than 2 yards per carry rushing. I'm not sure how good our offense is. I hope AU's defense is just that good and I suspect they are. We do have a lot of talent on offense but much of that talent involves the passing game.(Good QB and receivers) Lets face it JV is not the back he was as a freshman and Broussard is still coming back from his injury. Both of those backs are overweight and slow. I thinks it's premature to say how good or bad our offense is. I'm just disappointed we didn't put Jamarcus in the shot gun more as soon as we discovered we could not run on AU. We should have went with our strength.

BAMA Opponents avg ppg.

Hawaii

O=30 ppg D=19ppg

Vandy

O=12 ppg D=20 ppg

ULM

O=17ppg D=23ppg

Bama Averge Score

O=26 ppg D=11 ppg

Comparison: O=+6 D=-10 O=+5 D=-9

Wazzu

O=29ppg D=22 ppg

MSU

O=10 ppg D=28 ppg

LSU

O= 31 ppg D=4 ppg

Auburn Average Score

O=27 D=6

Comaprison: O=+4 D=-12 O=+9 D=-17

Fixed those for you. If the opponents have scored an average, you need to subtract what the other team has ALLOWED from what Auburn has scored.

Right now we score 9 points more than our opponents allow.

We give up 17 points less than our opponents average. (According to your numbers, of course).

BAMA Opponents avg ppg.

Hawaii

O=30 ppg D=19ppg

Vandy

O=12 ppg D=20 ppg

ULM

O=17ppg D=23ppg

Bama Averge Score

O=26 ppg D=11 ppg

Comparison: O=+6 D=-10 O=+5 D=-9

Wazzu

O=29ppg D=22 ppg

MSU

O=10 ppg D=28 ppg

LSU

O= 31 ppg D=4 ppg

Auburn Average Score

O=27 D=6

Comaprison: O=+4 D=-12 O=+9 D=-17

Fixed those for you. If the opponents have scored an average, you need to subtract what the other team has ALLOWED from what Auburn has scored.

Right now we score 9 points more than our opponents allow.

We give up 17 points less than our opponents average. (According to your numbers, of course).

Thanks drugs you know...lol

Not only is that a slap in the face to you AU guys but it's a slap to us also. While we may be having some running issues to slight our offense is just absurd at this point. I guess if we smash Florida maybe we'll both get some respect. Time will tell I guess.

We could of won 34-31 and he would say our defense is no good. We could of won 31-0 and he would say LSU is no good. The fact is whatever we do, they (media) will have a reason we won beside the obvious that AU is a pretty good team that could get better.

'80

I have a few words for you: Bama 1992

They had as close to a NFL caliber defense as you can get but the offense was pretty anemic but they did win the MNC. I think this years Auburn D is comparable and we have a much better offense.

You and the media need to go back and see that great defenses will nullify a great offense so when two teams with great Defenses meet you get low scores. The team that can muster one point more that the other wins.

USC would not score much on LSU or Auburn but they would not hold them to less than 14 points so it would be a great game.

Carlye and Hayseed have always been bammers.........anything they say about Auburn is negative most of the time.....IF they even mention us.. :angry: This is puzzling since neither has any real allegiance to Bammer. Carlye got his degree from Univ of New Hampshire while Hayseed got his from SW Texas state.

Not only is that a slap in the face to you AU guys but it's a slap to us also. While we may be having some running issues to slight our offense is just absurd at this point. I guess if we smash Florida maybe we'll both get some respect. Time will tell I guess.

No, don't take it out on :uf: .... smash the other team in this state. They're the ones that deserve it. Rip 'em to shreds.

Don't go easy on :uf: ... beat them convincingly; but take out your frustration on the mullets.

Archived