2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Everyone in the know has been saying for a few weeks that they expected this. Not a shocker. At least he didn't pull a Yeldon and do it during the dead period right before signing day. I still think Yeldon is an ass for that stunt.

Bingo. As much as I hate the fact that Dee has known for a month that he is going to uat (everyone saw this coming), he did de-commit a few weeks before signing day. I actually have a little respect for him now. Funny how the uat press bashed him when he had issues and the media said we should pull his scholaship.

Not sure if respect is the word you should use, I get the feeling we've been played from the day he committed to AU

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone in the know has been saying for a few weeks that they expected this. Not a shocker. At least he didn't pull a Yeldon and do it during the dead period right before signing day. I still think Yeldon is an ass for that stunt.

+1...It's been BLATANTLY obvious for weeks. Some ppl just refused to think negatively

That would be me...Like I said until it comes from Dee and now that it has time to move on ...congratulations to all who called it you were right.

Bingo. As much as I hate the fact that Dee has known for a month that he is going to uat (everyone saw this coming), he did de-commit a few weeks before signing day. I actually have a little respect for him now. Funny how t uat press bashed him when he had issues and the media said we should pull his scholaship.

Not sure if respect is the word you should use, I get the feeling we've been played from the day he committed to AU

No, I think he just was close to the old staff and didn't connect with this one. That and he's been getting a ton of pressure to commit to the turds.

+1...It's been BLATANTLY obvious for weeks. Some ppl just refused to think negatively

That would be me...Like I said until it comes from Dee and now that it has time to move on ...congratulations to all who called it you were right.

I hate we were Bro, but oh well, moving forward. :wareagle:

Bingo. As much as I hate the fact that Dee has known for a month that he is going to uat (everyone saw this coming), he did de-commit a few weeks before signing day. I actually have a little respect for him now. Funny how the uat press bashed him when he had issues and the media said we should pull his scholaship.

Agree Bama all but called the kid a "THUG, & BAD GENES". Said AU was crazy for supporting him during his problems..

Nope, you shouldn't be surprised at all. I would also not be surprised if we find out the current AU staff brought this to a head and weren't going to allow this charade to continue to NSD.

This was the first thing I thought of too. I think Liner would have waited until Feb 5th if it was up to him.

Question: I an not a recruit nik, but do any of the insiders know who took over recruiting Dee and how often did they reach out to him after signing day. Based on what I read here, RG reached out to Lawson and paid his dad a visit, did he reach out to Dee in the same way?

If I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.

Classic!

Nope, you shouldn't be surprised at all. I would also not be surprised if we find out the current AU staff brought this to a head and weren't going to allow this charade to continue to NSD.

This was the first thing I thought of too. I think Liner would have waited until Feb 5th if it was up to him.

Glad he won't be present for the last recruiting weekend.

There goes any chance of having 1 top 10 class. We're gonna lose our only( 5-star) recruits.

#1 Foster

#2 Liner

#3 could be Lawson

I'm so sick to losing to the bammers in footbal field and on recruiting field. I feel like throwing up on my laptop.

Agree Bama all but called the kid a "THUG, & BAD GENES". Said AU was crazy for supporting him during his problems..

Look for Scarb's piece on al.com tomorrow blasting Bama for accepting this commitment. He demanded that AU withdraw it's offer and I'm sure he will be consistent and make the same suggestion to Bama. ;D

He's no longer even considering AU. Good luck to him.

I've never understood this logic...

I know we don't talk bad about recruits, but why wish someone good luck that has paraded around like DL has?

I don't wish ill will towards the kid, but I certainly don't wish him good luck either...

I just choose to not acknowledge that he even exists...same feeling I have towards any other random player at any other random school.

Cause there are things more important in life than college football?

Bingo. As much as I hate the fact that Dee has known for a month that he is going to uat (everyone saw this coming), he did de-commit a few weeks before signing day. I actually have a little respect for him now. Funny how t uat press bashed him when he had issues and the media said we should pull his scholaship.

No, I think he just was close to the old staff and didn't connect with this one. That and he's been getting a ton of pressure to commit to the turds.

He did not give them too much time to connect. I'm a big fan of RG and not losing site of the forrest..., but it is ironic he could cost us two big 'uns.

Ok he made the rumors official. Enough on Liner he made his decision to go in another direction. So can a MOD please close this thread now and discuss some of the recruits that wants to be apart of AU.

There goes any chance of having 1 top 10 class. We're gonna lose our only( 5-star) recruits.

#1 Foster

#2 Liner

#3 could be Lawson

I'm so sick to losing to the bammers in footbal field and on recruiting field. I feel like throwing up on my laptop.

Were you the one that said it was worth losing all our commits to get rid of Chiz? Well, maybe not...but several folks offered that opinion...and I'm not surprised that a number of them were affected by the coaching change.

And by the way, just for the record, AU has won 7 ouf the last eleven games against Bama so take an alka seltzer and relax.

"Alabama is one of my favorites, but my de-committing from Auburn has nothing to do with Alabama," Liner told AuburnSports. "I just didn't feel comfortable with the coaching staff. I've been holding it in, I just had to get it off my shoulders."

#1 Foster

#2 Liner

#3 could be Lawson

Were you the one that said it was worth losing all our commits to get rid of Chiz? Well, maybe not...but several folks offered that opinion...and I'm not surprised that a number of them were affected by the coaching change.

And by the way, just for the record, AU has won 7 ouf the last eleven games against Bama so take an alka seltzer and relax.

+1

:ua::zapbama:

Guest jojo1515

#1 Foster

#2 Liner

#3 could be Lawson

We stand a good shot at getting RF back on board and CL just reaffirmed his commitment. This was so.widely known that Dee himself was responding to the "romors". Step.away from the ledge brotha, we'll be okay :)

#1 Foster

#2 Liner

#3 could be Lawson

Now if we could only lose the perpetual whiners...

Archived