2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

USC has 18 schollys to offer and looks like they are going to get close to eighteen 5* players.  That NCAA probabation really taking a toll on their recruiting.  :o

Yeah, but their depth will be depleted in a few years IMO. Losing that many scholly's hurts eventually.

They better win it all this year because the depth problem will be terrible for the next few years.

It will not be that long. They are in their 2nd year of their 3 year scholarship penalty now.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's likely..one of the hazards of 5* players is if they work out well, some of them will be gone as Juniors...but creative people like that USCw bunch will probably figure out how to get enough walk-ons to fill the slots on special teams, etc.   Also if they do a good job of retention with the guys the bring in, they have a chnance to build a reasonable sized squad...maybe not 85 but lots of teams get by with fewer.   My main (intended) point was that the kids do not seem turned off by the shady history of USCw.

I agree. That has been shocking to me as well. All I can figure is lame takes his wife with him when he is around these recruits.

unfortunately for the rest of college football, usc still has a lot going for it. It is highly ranked academically and players understandably get attracted to the idea of living in LA.

I know he's not his uncle but when Jevon Kearse first came to Florida he was 6'4'' 215 and was recruited to play defensive back or linebacker.....sure does sound like Jayron doesn't it?  With his genetics who knows how good he may end up being?

I know he's not his uncle but when Jevon Kearse first came to Florida he was 6'4'' 215 and was recruited to play defensive back or linebacker.....sure does sound like Jayron doesn't it?  With his genetics who knows how good he may end up being?

Jevon is his uncle. Link

Jevon is his uncle. Link

I had to read that several times to understand,but the genetics sentence at the end helped me. He meant he (Jayron) is not literally his uncle(Javon). As in the same person. I think it was meant for the ones who would answer his post with - "although their situations are similar, he is not his uncle".  :timeout:

Jevon is his uncle. Link

I had to read that several times to understand,but the genetics sentence at the end helped me. He meant he (Jayron) is not literally his uncle(Javon). As in the same person. I think it was meant for the ones who would answer his post with - "although their situations are similar, he is not his uncle".  :timeout:

Yeah that's what I meant because as sure as the sun shines somebody would have said that

USC has 18 schollys to offer and looks like they are going to get close to eighteen 5* players.  That NCAA probabation really taking a toll on their recruiting.  :o

Yeah, but their depth will be depleted in a few years IMO. Losing that many scholly's hurts eventually.

They better win it all this year because the depth problem will be terrible for the next few years.

Don't hold your breath.  USC stocked up with 30 in their 2011 class.  They did go lite last year against their 15 limit but they will pick those back up this year.  And just for grins, a couple years back when their probation was first announced I went back and looked at how many Pete Carrol typically signed each year.  At that time he had signed an average of 18 or 19 over the previous 4 or 5 years. 

USC hasn't seen the need to use a full 25 in the past.  They were not even coming close to it.  So it will not be as painful to them as people think if they didn't lose anything in their coaching changes or their recruiting techniques.  The way they are recruiting this year, I would guess they have just increased their signing bonuses or salary cap.

We should turn this thread and the KR thread to be appropiately name the "How many schollys does USC have and who are they going to get as recruits?"    :banghead:

We should turn this thread and the KR thread to be appropiately name the "How many schollys does USC have and who are they going to get as recruits?"    :banghead:

To your first question. 18 with 3 EEs.

• 3 weeks later...

Jayron was on his way to AU but had car trouble.  Will try to visit again.

As early as this week.

Electrical Engineers?

:dunno:

Electrical Engineers?

:dunno:

Serious question or Sarcasm?

You forgot the 2nd question.... ;D

"4-star ATH Jayron Kearse from South Ft. Myers in Ft. Myers, Fla., plans to visit Auburn for the first time this Friday. Kearse, one of Auburn's top WR targets, had planned to visit Auburn last weekend but ran into car trouble. His current top five is Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami and USC."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/4-star-ATH-Jayron-Kearse-visiting-Auburn-this-weekend-10827273

@JayronKearse8

GETTING MY TOP 5 DOWN TO A TOP 3 BY THE TIME MY SENIOR SEASON STARTS TOP 5: AUBURN, CLEMSON, NOTRE DAME, MIAMI(FL), USC

Apparently he likes to scream. lol I would say he has a top 4 right now because I highly doubt USC will have room for him.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get excited about this guy. :dunno:

Guest JNieder51188

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get excited about this guy. :dunno:

this kid is just overwhelmed by the entire recruiting experience. Im not to excited either about him, but apparently the coaches are enough to see past it.

If it affected any small fleeting chance we had at getting OJH, I would want to hold off on RE-taking his commitment.

Big decisions for 17, 18 year olds and it doesn't take much this early on to change their mind.  Could be simple things like "what's for lunch" to cinch it.  The coaches are apparently still eager to have him come visit.  Who knows ?  Maybe the Shadow knows ?    :laugh:

should we look for jayron to commit if he makes it down . I know the coaches were planning on putting it on him last week when he had car trouble. seems like he is really making a effort to make it to auburn

should we look for jayron to commit if he makes it down . I know the coaches were planning on putting it on him last week when he had car trouble. seems like he is really making a effort to make it to auburn

No. He only plans on having a top 3 by the time his senior year starts.

Archived