Is there daylight here between Romney and Obama?

Justin5

It sounds like there may not be a whole lot of difference in regards to healthcare. If I were advising Romney, I would tell him not to talk much about healthcare until he secures the republican nomination.

It sounds like there may not be a whole lot of difference in regards to healthcare. If I were advising Romney, I would tell him not to talk much about healthcare until he secures the republican nomination.

He shouldn't speak about healthcare period. His past on healthcare will get him run over by Democrats.

Of course, ignoring healthcare won't help either so....not sure how he will want on this topic

He shouldn't speak about healthcare period. His past on healthcare will get him run over by Democrats.

Of course, ignoring healthcare won't help either so....not sure how he will want on this topic

It seems to me that if Obama=Romney on healthcare then it doesn't really matter if he talks about it much or not. At least he could say that he was the pioneer and that Obama had the oportunity to learn from the mistakes of Romneycare.

But the nation is supposed to ignore Obama's record. Let's see how that works.

One important distinction between Obama and Romney is that Romneycare was an attempt at a STATE providing its citizens with a lower cost healthcare alternative. That is far less intrusive than doing it on a national level.

Much like Republicans ignore reality....same old in DC

Much like Republicans ignore reality....same old in DC

So you think Obama can run successfully on his record?

I'll bet you a dollar that he runs the dirtiest campaign that has ever been run in this country and avoids his record like the plague.

Hellsbells he and those who support him are still blaming Bush for everything imaginable.

So you think Obama can run successfully on his record?

I'll bet you a dollar that he runs the dirtiest campaign that has ever been run in this country and avoids his record like the plague.

Hellsbells he and those who support him are still blaming Bush for everything imaginable.

I think he only needs a pulse to get re-elected.

As for the dirtiest campaign ever, that record will never get broken by a Karl Rove led campaign. Ever.

One important distinction between Obama and Romney is that Romneycare was an attempt at a STATE providing its citizens with a lower cost healthcare alternative. That is far less intrusive than doing it on a national level.

And Romney believed that we should have an individual mandate on the national level, before he didn't believe it.

And Romney believed that we should have an individual mandate on the national level, before he didn't believe it.

That's gonna sting

I would love to have a TV program where Obama and Romney get on stage and take a lie detector test in response to a number of preselected issues/positions and past statements. It would take Obama's staff a week to try to explain his answers.

I would love to have a TV program where Obama and Romney get on stage and take a lie detector test in response to a number of preselected issues/positions and past statements. It would take Obama's staff a week to try to explain his answers.

Well, it can't get worse than hearing Bush stutter and stammer for 2 weeks on the first question given to him.

Well, it can't get worse than hearing Bush stutter and stammer for 2 weeks on the first question given to him.

Bush picked his words carefully rather than being a high speed lying machine.

Bush picked his words carefully rather than being a high speed lying machine.

Carefully :roflol:

Have you got a link for Romney's beliefs?

All Romney has to do is fess up.

"Hey. I already tried this dumbass plan. I am not stupid enough to try it again."

He'll have millions of votes.

I thought one thing all conservatives shared was the belief in states rights.

I guess not.

I believe in state's rights, that's why it is folly to compare Romneycare to Obamacare.

Romney tried to fashion a plan for a Liberal state, with help from Liberals, and it didn't work so well.

Obama took the mis-guided plan, made it 2,000 pages worse, and now it's on his hands. States have the right to pass a law that the people of that state want, but the Federal Government isn't allowed to make such laws, and it will be stricken down in a few months.

I thought one thing all conservatives shared was the belief in states rights.

I guess not.

Why do you say that?

Archived