2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

JMO but makes no difference to me if bama makes an offer....it's not like that is some kind of a seal of approval.

It does make a difference in relation to your original post. Your opinion was that DW would not sign with AU. If he never gets a commitable Bama offer AU is where he will sign.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't surprise me if the wee turd slips him some kind of offer last minute to keep him from Au. That's part of the art wee man has honed. If you can take critical commits from your rival you do it. Too many examples to list.

It certainly would not shock me to see another signing day flip with DW. Even though Bama may have a couple of LBs higher on their board than Williams this move would do the most damage to AU which seems to be very important to the wee one's ego.

Hopefully, the coaching staff is keeping DW's mother buttered up. According to an earlier post Williams is really impressed with how the coaching staff has treated his mother, who carries alot of influence in his decision.

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Is he going to the iron bowl?

more than likely. He has always said he would.

sure can't see anyone turning that opportunity down...does not mean anything though .....right?

"I would say I'm pretty firm with Auburn, but I'm still keeping an open mind with Alabama. Oklahoma, they still want me, but it's kind of tight. Ole Miss came back in the picture too."

"My recruiting process has been one of the weirdest any recruit can ask for," he said. "(I'm) sitting here, grew up an Alabama fan, but Auburn seems real right for (me.) It's just hard... You have a coach who gets fired who's been recruiting you and you have a good relationship with, that's never a good feeling."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/auburn_commit_darrell_williams.html

I really hate that I think this but here goes. I think Saban knows all this kid is waiting for is an offer. He also knows that for the last three years he has taken a good one from us at the last minute and it upset us. I think he is just waiting until the last minute to offer again this year. This kid does not sound solid to me at all. I know they don't really have a spot for him but I think Saban will do it anyway. Saban is a first class jerk and he loves doing this. I hope we have a backup plan just in case. I will say ( and don't give me they are just kids) that it shows a real lack of character on these kids part to do it (Yeldon, Foster and Evans).

I think it's been accepted for quite some time that the only way this guy comes to Auburn is if bammer doesn't give him a comittable offer. If we don't find and land another LB before signing day and Williams flips, it's on us, not Saban.

I think it's been accepted for quite some time that the only way this guy comes to Auburn is if bammer doesn't give him a comittable offer. If we don't find and land another LB before signing day and Williams flips, it's on us, not Saban.

Agree completely. We should only consider a prospect committed when he stops visiting other schools. "She's dating other guys, but we're engaged."

Agree completely. We should only consider a prospect committed when he stops visiting other schools. "She's dating other guys, but we're engaged."

well durn....I was hoping Kerryon was committed to us. Maybe it is true that he is a bammer now....Or maybe Darrell is just looking for a way to get out of Auburn. He is basically begging the bama staff to offer him through the newspapers

It does put us in a bad spot though. Because we basically have to hold his spot knowing all the time he could dump us at the last minute. If we give an offer to another LB then he stays with us we miss out on another position. Oh and it's still on Saban for playing this game.

Agree completely. We should only consider a prospect committed when he stops visiting other schools. "She's dating other guys, but we're engaged. signs and faxes in his LOI"

FIFY

Agree completely. We should only consider a prospect committed when he stops visiting other schools. "She's dating other guys, but we're engaged. signs and faxes in his LOI"

FIFY

thank you

FIFY

thank you

Your change wasn't a fix, but a change to the meaning of my post. Commit's meaning according to Merriam Webster is, "to say that (someone or something) will definitely do something". That's a lot different from someone having done something. I stand by my original post and say a prospect is only committed (will definitely sign; thank you, Webster) when they quit taking visits. Just as it's ludicrous for an engaged person to continue to date.

Kinda hard to figure that we are "holding" a spot for him. Right now we seem to have some slots open and unless there are some secret commits out there, the coaches just keep on working on him....and others. Like I learned in sales, don't book the order until the check clears.

Archived