2016 5* OLB Lyndell (Mack) Wilson

RunInRed

Signing 5* LBs every year has a little to do with that. I don't understand how kids can't see that and opt for early playing time.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing 5* LBs every year has a little to do with that. I don't understand how kids can't see that and opt for early playing time.

sometimes it's not just P/T.. it's development and opportunity for the NFL..no use getting playing time on an awful defense that makes you look bad. once we get some guys developed and into the league we will get our share of elite LB's

Still can't understand why linebackers want to go get buried behind 75 other LBs.

They're doing a better job of putting LBs in the league.

IDK about that. Tana Patrick could have ended up in the NFL had he gone to a school where he would have gotten more playing time and development. While I agree, they are doing a very good job developing players, some very talented guys are getting left out also.

Still can't understand why linebackers want to go get buried behind 75 other LBs.

IDK about that. Tana Patrick could have ended up in the NFL had he gone to a school where he would have gotten more playing time and development. While I agree, they are doing a very good job developing players, some very talented guys are getting left out also.

Jerrell Harris and Jonathan Atchison both could done some big things, had they gotten more of an opportunity...

Jerrell Harris and Jonathan Atchison both could done some big things, had they gotten more of an opportunity...

I guess you can look at it that way, or the other way to see it is, if you can't beat out or seriously compete with guys who are NFL caliber, are you really NFL material? Harris had his chance as a senior, didn't really impress but did enough to make a few NFL practice squads. Atchison was a very average player, he transferred to some small school where he had no impact. Tana Patrick arrived before DePriest, but DePriest took his spot a couple years in.

Sure, it helps that they are bringing in top notch talent. But, you can recruit 4 and 5 star guys all day, if you don't coach em up and put em in positions to be successful, they won't be. We should know that more than anybody else after 2012.

I guess you can look at it that way, or the other way to see it is, if you can't beat out or seriously compete with guys who are NFL caliber, are you really NFL material? Harris had his chance as a senior, didn't really impress but did enough to make a few NFL practice squads. Atchison was a very average player, he transferred to some small school where he had no impact. Tana Patrick arrived before DePriest, but DePriest took his spot a couple years in.

Sure, it helps that they are bringing in top notch talent. But, you can recruit 4 and 5 star guys all day, if you don't coach em up and put em in positions to be successful, they won't be. We should know that more than anybody else after 2012.

Last post not about Mack:

But, any one out of the three, Patrick-Harris-Atchison would've excelled at Auburn. They would've provided depth to Bynes and Stevens, and they could've played along side Daren Bates.

Any one of the three would've had a much better chance at the NFL if they had chosen Auburn.

Playing time = Exposure...

Sorry... Back to Mack!

• 2 months later...

I don't know why but 5-star linebackers don't seem to pan out at AU. Anyone remember Tray Blackmon? I also ready an article when Tana Patrick was being recruited, he said Tuberville and AU didn't really recruit him.

I hope he wasn't there to see the basketball game. If so, then maybe they were impressed by the atmosphere. I know they certainly wouldn't have been impressed with the game.

I hope he wasn't there to see the basketball game. If so, then maybe they were impressed by the atmosphere. I know they certainly wouldn't have been impressed with the game.

The atmosphere was incredible tonight. I don't think FB recruits really care if our basketball program is good, but they like to see the passion of our fans.

I think he is a must get for our 2016 recruiting cycle. We should have the inside track and a good 2015 season should go along ways as well. Hoping Jeremy Johnson sticks around after this season and helps bring him aboard.

The atmosphere was incredible tonight. I don't think FB recruits really care if our basketball program is good, but they like to see the passion of our fans.

This. I was in the student section last night and it was awesome. Nick Ruffin was sitting in front of me and we talked about how different it was for him to be on this side of gameday, and we just kinda talked. I think a lot of those guys like to just interact with the fans, and see how much energy they have. And (for those of you who didn't get to go to the game) the student section was electric last night.

This kid is a baller, and his teammate Mr. Davidson is too. Anyone have any idea as to why he would ask to decommit from playing in next year's Under Armor All American game?

Decent size backslash from media type regarding his tweet yesterday decomitting from the UAAA game.

Yeah, not sure why exactly either. But it seemed like JC Shurburtt kinda showed his ass a bit if my interpretations of the twitterings was correct.

I don't twitter ... Can someone post the Wilson tweet and media follow up.

If he dropped out of an all star game 11 months before it happens and the "media" are blasting him for it ... A high school junior btw ... They perpetuate what scumbags sports media often is.

Archived