Redevelopment of Toomers Corner (City of Auburn)

autigeremt

If I was running it they would be running two or three crews and working through the night. It's so much cooler you can get more done at night.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE- Brick paver crew lost in Auburn.

The brick paver crew went to lunch at about 11:30 AM local time......and they never came back, LOL. Not a single brick has been laid today. Hopefully their big boss man is already on the caper to find them but we might have to send out an APB on these guys.

Anybody seen a brick paver crew wandering around Auburn looking like they are lost ? If you do, call Big Boss Man @ BR459.

UPDATE- Brick paver crew lost in Auburn.

The brick paver crew went to lunch at about 11:30 AM local time......and they never came back, LOL. Not a single brick has been laid today. Hopefully their big boss man is already on the caper to find them but we might have to send out an APB on these guys.

Anybody seen a brick paver crew wandering around Auburn looking like they are lost ? If you do, call Big Boss Man @ BR459.

Did you check over by the Aubitron Project...maybe they got sidetracked watching that job....and who could blame them? What an amazing project that is.

They've been found ... night work ...

CLDFAEoUsAAg_Yw.jpg

Yeah, I saw that, lol. They finally showed up about 6:30 PM local time but still no bricks laid yet. I saw big boss man pull up a floodlight 30 minutes ago and he's making 'em work. We're going to get some bricks down today one way or another. Work boys WORK.

Wonder how high the liquidated damages rate is for this project.

They also milled the asphalt on East Magnolia between Gay St and College St and on North College between Tichenor Ave and Magnolia this past Friday.

Pretty sure the safety guy would raise cain about those guys working shirtless, lol.

Any updates? Are they getting it done now since they went to night work?

They only did the night work for a couple nights. Since the last update they finished the center and 1 more crosswalk. Yesterday they put down the tiger paw stencil and made all the cuts. They should have 1 more crosswalk done by the end of today. So the staus as of 8/1 is:

completed:

1 center section- 100% finished (excluding tiger paw completion)

3 crosswalks- 100% finished

1 tiger paw cut- 100% finished

to go:

1 brick replacement between tiger paws- 0% complete (remove beige bricks between paws and replace with dark bricks)

3 corners- 0% complete

1 AU corner- 0% complete (replace brick removed in curb and gutter construction process)

1 final road paving- 0% complete (smooth top level)

1 final road striping- 0% complete (center stripes, turn lanes, parking spots)

1 final landscaping- 0% complete (trees, bushes, etc.)

Any updates? Are they getting it done now since they went to night work?

They only did the night work for a couple nights. Since the last update they finished the center and 1 more crosswalk. Yesterday they put down the tiger paw stencil and made all the cuts. They should have 1 more crosswalk done by the end of today. So the staus as of 8/1 is:

completed:

1 center section- 100% finished (excluding tiger paw completion)

3 crosswalks- 100% finished

1 tiger paw cut- 100% finished

to go:

1 brick replacement between tiger paws- 0% complete (remove beige bricks between paws and replace with dark bricks)

3 corners- 0% complete

1 AU corner- 0% complete (replace brick removed in curb and gutter construction process)

1 final road paving- 0% complete (smooth top level)

1 final road striping- 0% complete (center stripes, turn lanes, parking spots)

1 final landscaping- 0% complete (trees, bushes, etc.)

OK...end of the month...time to submit another invoice for partial payment.....take a look at the work completed this month... and let's see? .....lots of zeros on that progress report which looks a lot like the report from a month ago....so maybe we just skip this month's billing.

If they get behind, they can hire this guy for a day and he will finished in one day.

He won't be able to walk when he's 40. Terrible leverage positioning for that much weight

If they get behind, they can hire this guy for a day and he will finished in one day.

Obviously he isn't union labor!

Looks like a man getting paid by the job....and not by the hour.

I love what they are doing downtown Auburn but part of me will miss that painted on paw.... But Wow! Auburn has come along way since I first started visiting Auburn in 2005. The last 10 years have been good to Auburn to say the least. Proud to call it my school and now my town.

Paving continues, parking space lines on College St., pavers on the corners of the intersection ... lots of progress today ...

Capture.jpg

Paving continues, parking space lines on College St., pavers on the corners of the intersection ... lots of progress today ...

Capture.jpg

Yes, they brought in a 2nd brick crew today to help out the other crew, giving them 8 brick workers most of the day. The 1st crew had to redo the edge of the curve on the far corner as well as the edge of the crosswalks on either side or they would have been even further along. Looks like the paving crew will have the smooth S-4 top layer finished today on that 1 section of College street.

Archived