Redevelopment of Toomers Corner (City of Auburn)

autigeremt

They used a sweeper today on the center and crosswalks. Then the workers started using power scrubber, a pressure washer and also a fire hose connected direct to the fire hydrant to try to get the dirt off. A fire truck just pulled up and the fire department is also hosing it down with their power nozzle trying to help clean it.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any update on the new, new tree? It's definitely not looking good. The rest of the corner looks spectacular. I can't wait to see it in person.

That's almost an understatement....

Need to wait 7 days for the asphalt to cure before placing pavement striping

ALDOT specs state that thermoplastic striping (permanent) may not be applied until the asphalt has cured for a period of 14 days (30 for concrete). Looking back real quick, I noticed they were still installing asphalt on Aug. 5th. Paint striping (with glass beads for retroreflectivity) is used as temporary striping to open to traffic until the cure time has elapsed. Obviously, the Engineer can waive the cure time if they so desire, and I cannot tell from the pictures if it's thermo or paint. Either way, yes they need to clean it thoroughly prior to application.

ALDOT specs state that thermoplastic striping (permanent) may not be applied until the asphalt has cured for a period of 14 days (30 for concrete). Looking back real quick, I noticed they were still installing asphalt on Aug. 5th. Paint striping (with glass beads for retroreflectivity) is used as temporary striping to open to traffic until the cure time has elapsed. Obviously, the Engineer can waive the cure time if they so desire, and I cannot tell from the pictures if it's thermo or paint. Either way, yes they need to clean it thoroughly prior to application.

Who didn't know that....

Who didn't know that....

lol, actually I didn't until I looked it up. 7 days cure time didn't sound right to me, but then again where I'm at now a cure time for the pavement isn't required prior to application.

Who didn't know that....

lol, actually I didn't until I looked it up. 7 days cure time didn't sound right to me, but then again where I'm at now a cure time for the pavement isn't required prior to application.

Got him, golf

Who didn't know that....

Got him, golf

yep

I think between talks of the supports of the base of the Boomtron and the discussion of asphalt curing times with regard to painting traffic lines, this may be the most painful off-season yet.

I think between talks of the supports of the base of the Boomtron and the discussion of asphalt curing times with regard to painting traffic lines, this may be the most painful off-season yet.

Do you remember what we were talking about last summer ? I'll take discussions on Aubietron and Toomer's corner any day of the week over that stuff. ;D

Just pulled up the link to Toomer's corner Cameras boy it is really looking fantastic

CMaZed_WwAQRZyu.jpg

Oh no......

Seriously?

Effing yellow crew did this. :angry:/>

Lol.... Orange crew #1 and #2 doesn't install neon lights. Not our fault. :) I agree with yall, if placing neon lights, I like the idea of only orange and blue lights.

Keep in mind they do all kinds of events downtown, Christmas, Halloween trick or treating at the shops, thanksgiving, July 4th, etc., so this was done thinking of all the other stuff too.

Are the lights able to change colors? I agree in the orange and blue during Auburn gamedays and events, but i am also fine with using colorful lights when not directly dealing with an Auburn University event.

Archived