THE ASYLUM

bigbird

17 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I know you are, my brother.  I can't imagine what y'all are going through.  I've said it before, James is the toughest person I know.  To go through what he goes through with the bleeds has got to be hard.  It's also very hard for you and Amanda (and Madison). Y'all are strong, faithful people.  God will pull you through.  He is making y'all stronger.  He will not give you more than you can handle.  Please know there is an army out here Praying for y'all.  If we can help in any other way, let us know.  Love you, my brother!

Well said. We ARE Family !! Prayers up!!

15 hours ago, around4ever said:

I know you are, my brother.  I can't imagine what y'all are going through.  I've said it before, James is the toughest person I know.  To go through what he goes through with the bleeds has got to be hard.  It's also very hard for you and Amanda (and Madison). Y'all are strong, faithful people.  God will pull you through.  He is making y'all stronger.  He will not give you more than you can handle.  Please know there is an army out here Praying for y'all.  If we can help in any other way, let us know.  Love you, my brother!

The worst part is the unknown. I mean if they said it's this and we're gonna do that and y'all will be fine. It's not though. It's we're not sure, let's try this...nope, let's try this...nope, rinse and repeat 9 more times and James is still hurting. 

I know it will be okay and it's not on my time. I also know that God must have something big planned for that kid. He is so unbelievably faithful and strong. 

I appreciate all of the support

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

The worst part is the unknown. I mean if they said it's this and we're gonna do that and y'all will be fine. It's not though. It's we're not sure, let's try this...nope, let's try this...nope, rinse and repeat 9 more times and James is still hurting. 

I know it will be okay and it's not on my time. I also know that God must have something big planned for that kid. He is so unbelievably faithful and strong. 

Prayers sent.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Still praying, Bird.  I’ll add the doctors in to help with their guidance. Stay strong. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:48 AM, augolf1716 said:

Who are you??:poke:

df38d195e152db10b040b392eaa21dc5.gif

• 1 month later...

Both of my children, 1 and 5, are currently naked on our back deck, playing in the sprinkler. My wife is outnumbered and I don't know how long she can hold them off. Send reinforcements. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while but i have been re-admitted. This should be all things considered, or better yet, it's own category to be able to find it lol. 

1bc1bf2e69f4865c4af2c226c03e696ab8a34a95379dcf3874d6a0d1e466b657.gif

Edited by AUBwins

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, around4ever said:

WHOA!!!  A blast from the past resurfaces!!   The original Asylum did not start out as The Asylum. I forgot what it was called originally.  It started on the old Auburn Eagle Forums.  Some of us would randomly go in and change the name to something totally off the wall and see how long it took for the regulars to find it.  We finally settled on The Asylum because it fit perfectly.  I was so mad when the original thread was deleted.   😡

For the record, it was deleted by the mods at the time on April fools day, as a joke with the intention of bringing it back with everything the same. That didn’t work out. I remember tt’s post count going from something like 20k to 5 k. We spent a lot of time on this thread...ah the memories

Edited by AA

Golf, Donnie, bird...I’ve been gone a long time and saw posts about tt. Something happen I didn’t know about?

On 8/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, kevon67 said:

Suffering a high fever and food has no taste and this usually puts me in touch with my intellectual side.........

*clears throat*    Growing up I loved Sammy Hagar in Montrose and as a solo artist.........When he replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen I knew him as Hagar The Horrible.............Thank you..........*insert applause*

Sounds like you had Covid19 in August. 

16 hours ago, AA said:

Golf, Donnie, bird...I’ve been gone a long time and saw posts about tt. Something happen I didn’t know about?

Hey old buddy!!  I hope y’all are doing well.  How many kids now?   I don’t know all the details but TT was not well for a while. Elle knows more than I do.  

53 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Hey old buddy!!  I hope y’all are doing well.  How many kids now?   I don’t know all the details but TT was not well for a while. Elle knows more than I do.  

Hey yourself. Not sure about the “old” part haha. Still just the 2 kids. 6&7 now. Jesus where does the time go?  I made a career change about 3 years ago. Finally stopped shuffling drinks. I am now an operator at a chemical plant. Love the job, just gotten fat! So what’s new with you?

Not sure who Elle is btw. 

57 minutes ago, AA said:

Hey yourself. Not sure about the “old” part haha. Still just the 2 kids. 6&7 now. Jesus where does the time go?  I made a career change about 3 years ago. Finally stopped shuffling drinks. I am now an operator at a chemical plant. Love the job, just gotten fat! So what’s new with you?

So you just sit around all day looking at displays and gauges?  Which plant?  We do some work for several of them in South Alabama.  Im still working but not traveling very much.  If it wasn’t for health insurance I would probably retire although I do enjoy my job. 

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Sounds like you had Covid19 in August. 

Never thought about that........man was I sick.

19 hours ago, around4ever said:

So you just sit around all day looking at displays and gauges?  Which plant?  We do some work for several of them in South Alabama.  Im still working but not traveling very much.  If it wasn’t for health insurance I would probably retire although I do enjoy my job. 

That’s pretty much it. Spend about 10 minutes every hour on the floor. Most of the shift is watching DCS and Netflix. It’s rough😂 Working at Honeywell/UOP

Edited by AA
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 1:09 AM, AA said:

Sadly, TT passed awhile back. I'm not positive that it was encephalitis, but I believe it was something of that nature. Pretty devastating. He was a dear friend to many of us. Sorry to share the news.

With that, I don't think you and I know each other, but I'm pleased to meet ya. 

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sadly, TT passed awhile back. I'm not positive that it was encephalitis, but I believe it was something of that nature. Pretty devastating. He was a dear friend to many of us. Sorry to share the news.

With that, I don't think you and I know each other, but I'm pleased to meet ya. 

Man I hate to hear that. I had lost touch for a while. We all got to know each other in the Auburn Eagle days. There was only a handful of inmates at that time. He was an awesome dude. We talked on the phone on many occasions. Once the board merged with aufamily it almost felt like starting over so I very rarely came around. I was on twitter a couple of days ago and someone said something or retweeted AUFamily. Made me wonder who was still around. My name is Brian, live in Mobile and am a reformed inmate😂. Nice to meet you too

Hey, Brian! Been quite a while. I hope things are really going well for you. The asylum was really just a stream of consciousness that carried a lot of us through the day. It was more a live chat room than anything else. Great friendships were forged in there

On 8/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, AA said:

For the record, it was deleted by the mods at the time on April fools day, as a joke with the intention of bringing it back with everything the same. That didn’t work out. I remember tt’s post count going from something like 20k to 5 k. We spent a lot of time on this thread...ah the memories

The first was deleted by whomever started the thread when they got their panties in a wad. I believe this is the 3rd edition of the asylum.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:21 PM, AA said:

elle aka I think was fearless and true or something like that welcome back

• Like 1