2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

Hey......Do you think we sign Golson?

Mikey your typing is sounding like Walter the puppet of Jeff Dunham. ;)

Possibly, but I did explain that we coluld have signed up to, say 29 EE guys had we wanted to.

Why only 29? (can someone quietly call 911? Wait that is a joke before someone reads it too seriously...)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't count Coaches Grimes and Craig out on Golson yet. He only lives 70 miles from Auburn.

And as a poster pointed out on the previous page that could be a negative if he indeed wants to get away from Prattville.

If I were an Auburn coach, I would not want Prattville in my recruiting territory....that has got to be one of the most frustrating places to recruit if you're wearing the orange and blue.

I wouldn't count Coaches Grimes and Craig out on Golson yet. He only lives 70 miles from Auburn.

And as a poster pointed out on the previous page that could be a negative if he indeed wants to get away from Prattville.

I wouldn't count Coaches Grimes and Craig out on Golson yet. He only lives 70 miles from Auburn. ;D

If I were an Auburn coach, I would not want Prattville in my recruiting territory....that has got to be one of the most frustrating places to recruit if you're wearing the orange and blue.

You are not kidding. It is surprising to see the number of uat fans in that area.

You are not kidding. It is surprising to see the number of uat fans in that area.

Ignorance knows no boundaries.

Any new word on Golson? Set aside the "stars" and rankings in the state and look at his film (pg 2 #17) I like him he's got size, seems like a little brains(au fan), and some quick feet. IMO hard to handle combo!

Any new word on Golson? Set aside the "stars" and rankings in the state and look at his film (pg 2 #17) I like him he's got size, seems like a little brains(au fan), and some quick feet. IMO hard to handle combo!

Someone posted on TOS today that it was down to Auburn and FSU. Said it came straight from Golson's mouth this morning. Obviously take it with a huge grain of salt but I thought it was interesting enough to share since all recent signs pointed to Ole Miss.

Someone posted on TOS today that it was down to Auburn and FSU. Said it came straight from Golson's mouth this morning. Obviously take it with a huge grain of salt but I thought it was interesting enough to share since all recent signs pointed to Ole Miss.

Keep signing to me! I was like you, thought signs pointed to Ole Miss!

Ellitor, what is your gut feeling? Do you think Golson will still visit next weekend? What would you say FSU 50, AU 25, OM 25? If he visits there is aways a chance although probably pretty slim at this point.. Right now I would say for AU: Golson 25% Bell 75% What say you?

I don't do percentages or have a gut feeling on Golson other than Ole Miss leads IMO. Auburn coaches are working to get him to OV next weekend.

If I were to predict Golston,

60% FSU 30% Ole Miss 10% AU, aand I am not being a downer, just seems like he shut things down quickly after the OM visit.

I know nothing about Alabama HS football politics but, reading between the lines of some posts here, do any of you think that the Turds are trying to steer Golson away from Auburn to Ole Miss? Would they do that?

I know nothing about Alabama HS football politics but, reading between the lines of some posts here, do any of you think that the Turds are trying to steer Golson away from Auburn to Ole Miss? Would they do that?

They would but don't think they are. Ole Miss does enough of their own dirty work and do not need Bama's help.

They would but don't think they are. Ole Miss does enough of their own dirty work and do not need Bama's help.

after Golson made the comment that he didn't want to be a part of whats going on in tuscaloosa or something to that effect....how could bama steer him anywhere? he said what was going on there just wasn't him...that said it would seem to me they have no influence over the guy

Please don't tell me we are going to start going black helicopter conspiracy theory on Ole Miss like we do with spuat every time we lose a recruit to them. That could get really embarrassing.

wde

Please don't tell me we are going to start going black helicopter conspiracy theory on Ole Miss like we do with spuat every time we lose a recruit to them. That could get really embarrassing.

wde

Not going anything or making excuses for anything. I just know some of the dirty things they are doing and thus don't need help from Bama's dirty moves whether we get the recruits or not.

wde

Not going anything or making excuses for anything. I just know some of the dirty things they are doing and thus don't need help from Bama's dirty moves whether we get the recruits or not.

if you dont mind educating the uninitiated, what exactly is a "dirty move" in recruiting? Dont all of them essentially use whatever they have at their disposal to influence their targets? I mean, its not exactly a game successfully played by the weak of heart.... ya know?

wde

if you dont mind educating the uninitiated, what exactly is a "dirty move" in recruiting? Dont all of them essentially use whatever they have at their disposal to influence their targets? I mean, its not exactly a game successfully played by the weak of heart.... ya know?

Agree, like Troopa, Lupa and the crew didn't do whatever was necessary (within totally legal limits of course) to sway a recruit or two.

wde

wde

Not going into it any further than I did to address the question in the OP. Ole Miss does not need Bama's help to steer recruits away from Auburn or any other school for that matter. There is a reason Ole Miss will have it's first top 10 recruiting class in school history. And it's not soley because Freeze is that damn good.

Archived