2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I was sure hoping he would recommit to Auburn. Unfortunately, that didn't happen 

We can't offer him the chance to start next year. LSU can. Our only hope was that Coach O would hire a Offensive Coordinator who would only run a pro-style offense. Instead he hired one who has only done that but professes a desire to branch out. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/19/2016 at 9:39 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm pretty happy about this. Kid is a huge question and that is the last thing AU needs with QB's. 

I'm OK with this.  I think we use that schollie for another LB or safety (position of greater immediate need).  If we hold on to Gatewood QB position should be fine.  Also hope we can get an early commit from Nix.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:01 AM, lionheartkc said:

We can't offer him the chance to start next year. LSU can. Our only hope was that Coach O would hire a Offensive Coordinator who would only run a pro-style offense. Instead he hired one who has only done that but professes a desire to branch out. 

This kid has missed the better part of two years of ball with injuries. He's not going to do anything except redshirt next year wherever he goes. I know teenagers don't think rationally but he's got to be able to see this.

Link Does this guy actually think he forced LSU to hire an OC? 

Now for my ignorance, can someone in the know tell me if the programs actually allow this type of pressure or is this just the mentality of some of these kids.

2 hours ago, AU04ever said:

Now for my ignorance, can someone in the know tell me if the programs actually allow this type of pressure or is this just the mentality of some of these kids.

Im not in the know and I can tell you that no recruit dictates the hire of an OC. At the very least not at a Power 5 school. Support staff - yes. Just see Ole Miss and their new QB.

Edit: For that matter just remember we had Jake Bentley's dad on our staff. Now both are at USCe

2 hours ago, AU04ever said:

Now for my ignorance, can someone in the know tell me if the programs actually allow this type of pressure or is this just the mentality of some these this kids.

1. FIFY. I am not going to generalize it to any other recruit since I have never seen other recruits make those statements.

2. He is straight up delusional if he honestly thinks he had an ounce of impact on who or when LSU got its OC. Canada's O style is much more condusive to Brennan than LN. Canada has never had a true dual QB and never really used that style of O.

In that interview LN presented himself as bigger than the team and I'm glad AU does not have that LN. For his benefit I pray he does a lot of maturing down the road.

11 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Glad this kid ended up where he did because he is a damn fool, I would say I really question why RL was after him so hard but, he has proven his incompetence.

Or he's listening to damned fools who are much older than him and who wield significant, self-interested influence in his life.

Also, I personally think it's a little over the top to insult recruits in that manner on this forum. It's not a good look for the site, for Auburn, or probably in the minds of other recruits or family members thereof who might be reading these threads. I don't take a big issue with the opinion, I just don't know that it should be shared in this space in that manner. Just my opinion, I'm certainly not a mod. 

As for Lashlee, he landed Stidham and Gatewood. I'm not sure right now is the time to question his judgment. 

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, I personally think it's a little over the top to insult recruits in that manner on this forum. It's not a good look for the site, for Auburn, or probably in the minds of other recruits or family members thereof who might be reading these threads. I don't take a big issue with the opinion, I just don't know that it should be shared in this space in that manner. Just my opinion, I'm certainly not a mod. 

Understood. The statements then regardless where they come from are delusional.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That describes many of the high profile recruits coming out of H.S these days. Their turned into something very ugly by adults around them. Then brought down to earth, hopefully, by their position coaches when they reach college.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

8 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

That describes many of the high profile recruits coming out of H.S these days. Their turned into something very ugly by adults around them. Then brought down to earth, hopefully, by their position coaches when they reach college.

Not that anybody asked me, but these strike me as perfectly fair, tasteful and reasonable critiques. 

I just take issue with comments straight up insulting kids on a personal level and, to probably nobody's benefit, tend to speak up when I perceive it happening. I'm probably overly sensitive about it. 

• 1 year later...

Holy blast from the past Batman! I’ll tell ya what, our qb situation sure has changed since his recruitment..for the better. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Necropost! He's transferring out of LSU. Go figure. 

Guess sometimes you get lucky by NOT signing some kid you really want.   But...LN is like so many HS quarterbacks......really hard to predict how they will turn out but ...and JMO.....but ones with "me" or other attitude issues seem to have more problems adapting to the game. 

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guess sometimes you get lucky by NOT signing some kid you really want.   But...LN is like so many HS quarterbacks......really hard to predict how they will turn out but ...and JMO.....but ones with "me" or other attitude issues seem to have more problems adapting to the game. 

Home pressure took a toll on this kid. His heart was never at LSU. I do believe he is a pretty good talented QB. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Home pressure took a toll on this kid. His heart was never at LSU. I do believe he is a pretty good talented QB. 

I heard that during the recruiting.....but he's had a couple years to get his head and heart right.   Too bad he wasted that part of his life and not like LSU had some really good QB playing in front of him.....

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Do we take him if he turns up again in the future? 

Since we only start JUCO transfers then I would say yes.

Sorry no yellow font, I couldn't get it to work from my phone.

Archived