Team's Strongest/Fastest Player?

AUpreacherman22

1 hour ago, eibua12 said:

Strongest should be based on weight of the person.  It is unfair to look at direct lifting numbers and say this guy is stronger then that guy.  If you have someone at 150lbs that squats 600+ then you have a guy at 300 or squats 700+ I would say the 150 lb/lb is much stronger.  I would also go off of the core lifts (Bench, Dead, and Squat) and the cumlative total against their body weight.

I would also break it down to smaller muscles so way back machine anyone remember the peg boards for the presidents physical fitness program. Stuff like that can you go up and down the board can you climb a rope that is 60 feet high and back down can you push a 300lb sled 10 yards.  All these ancillary items should play into it and yes your smaller guys will dominate the top but they really are stronger above and beyond F=MA. 

Example:  I was maybe 5'4" and 130lbs with a weight towel on my head but I hit the 1,300 lb club in High School way back when we did that sort of stuff.  (Bench, Dead, Squat).  You might have had a senior who was 300lbs and hit 1500 lbs who was stronger? 

I understand what you're saying, but in the context of playing football, I'm not sure that relative strength matters as much as overall strength because you're competing against the man across from you.  In some scenarios, weighing more gives you an advantage in football.

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

I understand what you're saying, but in the context of playing football, I'm not sure that relative strength matters as much as overall strength because you're competing against the man across from you.  In some scenarios, weighing more gives you an advantage in football.

Yup. Force comes from acceleration *and* mass. Those 300 pounders up front don't get much of a running start, yet it's said that every time they hit each other after the snap the force is equivalent to a car collision. 

However, this is a thread dedicated to the workout warriors and future combine heroes. It's fun to see how many names pop up in the "fastest" debate. 

from about a month ago

"15. Braden Smith, OT, Auburn

The Tigers' senior right tackle displays ridiculous strength in the weight room with a 565-pound squat, and a 495-pound bench press that could be higher if the AU strength staff permitted him to load more weight on the bar..."

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000817998/17-for-17-college-footballs-most-freakish-athletes

Kinda OT - was at a men's night at highlands church in bham Friday - they had a bench press contest.  I got there late and only saw the last few guys.

dude in slacks, dress shoes and white button up dress shirt throws up 42 reps of 225#.

2500 people yelling for him and counting reps.  It was pretty impressive.

Some easy ones:

Fastest QB - Malik Willis

Strongest RB - Kam Pettway

Strongest OL - probably Braden

I don't know about DL, but Nick Coe is the only 280lber I have ever seen with a 6 pack!!!  That's freaky!

Fastest DB is probably J Davis. I heard that J Dean is almost as fast. Pretty impressive considering his knee injuries. 

Strongest PK has got to be Legatron!

Fastest WR may be the most debatable of any on the team.  Noah, JF3, and Stove are all pretty stinking fast. 

15 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Some easy ones:

Fastest QB - Malik Willis

Strongest RB - Kam Pettway

Strongest OL - probably Braden

I don't know about DL, but Nick Coe is the only 280lber I have ever seen with a 6 pack!!!  That's freaky!

Fastest DB is probably J Davis. I heard that J Dean is almost as fast. Pretty impressive considering his knee injuries. 

Strongest PK has got to be Legatron!

Fastest WR may be the most debatable of any on the team.  Noah, JF3, and Stove are all pretty stinking fast. 

WDE

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

from about a month ago

"15. Braden Smith, OT, Auburn

The Tigers' senior right tackle displays ridiculous strength in the weight room with a 565-pound squat, and a 495-pound bench press that could be higher if the AU strength staff permitted him to load more weight on the bar..."

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000817998/17-for-17-college-footballs-most-freakish-athletes

Yeah, I would say he "could be higher."  Braden benched 515 lbs. x 3 as a high school senior, lol.

I bet this dude is stronger than anyone on the team...or was at one time....lol. 

I saw him one time and it scared the $hit out of me.

Remember his name?

images.jpg

6 minutes ago, creed said:

I bet this dude is stronger than anyone on the team...or was at one time....lol. 

Remember his name?

images.jpg

Bill Kazmaier

I remember him from his WCW Days.

Not to bag on teenagers, but I don't think those teens spotting B Smith are capable of lifting that 515 if Smith needed them to.   That is incredible.  Really is

14 hours ago, creed said:

Remember his name?

images.jpg

Saw him at Cheeburger Cheeburger one time. Or at least I think it was Cheeburger Cheeburger. Was standing right behind him and I couldn't really see around him to be sure. 

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't forget J. Davis

21 hours ago, DAG said:

JF3 is probably a tad bit faster because he has had collegiate training, but Iggy as a high school senior was faster compared to JF3 as a senior. Not by much, but in track, he was a bit faster in the 100 and 200. 

Either way, it is between those two.

However, if we get Schwartz from Florida, it is a wrap. Neither JF3 or Iggy is seeing him...period.

Don't forget Shawn Shivers.  Kid is right there with the best of them.

Almost feels like Al Davis is running our recruiting...

16 hours ago, creed said:

Remember his name?

images.jpg

Kaz was crazy strong.  Watching him in those strong men contest and some of those other guys.  It is crazy!

13 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Don't forget Shawn Shivers.  Kid is right there with the best of them.

Almost feels like Al Davis is running our recruiting...

Dude! I've actually used the Darius Heyward Bey analogy ever since we signed JFIII.

17 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Bill Kazmaier

I remember him from his WCW Days.

Had a structural engineering professor that ran off with Kaz's girlfriend/wife.  That sure was a dumb professor ...

29 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Had a structural engineering professor that ran off with Kaz's girlfriend/wife.  That sure was a dumb professor ...

I noticed that you spoke of this man in the past tense.

Reminds me of Danny Vermin in Johnny Dangerously.

Archived