CameronCrazy

Top Flips Targets

Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2018 at 8:22 AM, Hopsing said:

Once the blow hio State gets this finalized there may be plenty of transfer options!

Not as many as you think. Other schools have to have room under their yearly 25 limit to accept transfers on scholly.Schools that have 25 new scholarship players have to wait til January to give another scholly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not as many as you think. Other schools have to have room under their yearly 25 limit to accept transfers on scholly.Schools that have 25 new scholarship players have to wait til January to give another scholly.

We are at the 25 limit correct with Cord signing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

We are at the 25 limit correct with Cord signing?

Yes. Any transfer wanting to come to AU would have to walk on til January or wait til January to enroll.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pisses me off to no end that the SEC put a 25 limit on signing classes, just appease the crap about SEC "over-signing" we heard from other conferences.  When I think of the back ground and household's some recruits come from, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to limit the number of kids that could receive a free college education?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keesler said:

Pisses me off to no end that the SEC put a 25 limit on signing classes, just appease the crap about SEC "over-signing" we heard from other conferences.  When I think of the back ground and household's some recruits come from, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to limit the number of kids that could receive a free college education?

Seems kind of necessary to me.  It would be like lifting the salary cap from the NFL.  Teams/schools with most money win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, keesler said:

Pisses me off to no end that the SEC put a 25 limit on signing classes, just appease the crap about SEC "over-signing" we heard from other conferences.  When I think of the back ground and household's some recruits come from, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to limit the number of kids that could receive a free college education?

A couple things. 1. The 25 signee limit is an NCAA rule. It has been brought down by the NCAA the past decade or so. 2. The other rule in play & the more important one from an enrollment POV is the yearly 25 new scholarship player rule. It's an NCAA rule also. That rule has been in place since 2002 although timing of it has changed over the years. It's the rule that would prevent us from adding another schollied player til January.

Back to the 25 signee limit rule. It's great the NCAA finally brought the number down 25 equaling the yearly new scholarship player rule last year. When there was unlimited signees a team could sign as many kids as they wanted but only enroll up to 25 of them. What happened to the kids that signeed with a school but didn't enroll? Great question! I'm glad you asked. Those kids who signed a NLI or FAA were bound to that school for 1 year from the time of the signing. That means they could not go to another FBS school until basically the Summer the year after they signed. If they wanted to play somewhere immediately they either had to go to FCS, D2, D3, or juco in year 1. This is where the famous Houston Nutt rule comes from. Sucked for any kids who qualified by the NCAA but didn't have room for the signed school to enroll them under the 25 yearly new scholarship player limit..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Seems kind of necessary to me.  It would be like lifting the salary cap from the NFL.  Teams/schools with most money win.

In college that was called the Bear Bryant Era.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

In college that was called the Bear Bryant Era.

We won a few of those not many but a few. Some guys did like Auburn money instead of turd money. Those were the days.........wild wild west

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We won a few of those not many but a few. Some guys did like Auburn money instead of turd money. Those were the days.........wild wild west

Were we ever putting football players on track scholarships? 

I think E was referring to the fact that bahr would just get as many guys as he wanted and then figure out how to finance their educations later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Were we ever putting football players on track scholarships? 

I think E was referring to the fact that bahr would just get as many guys as he wanted and then figure out how to finance their educations later. 

Yes if the money was there but until 1973 you could sign as many players as you could afford weather it being Auburn or turds hell bear had over 150 players on football scholly at one time. I don't think he needed to put them on track scholly since he had all the money he needed for football scholly.  Some years bear would sign over 50 or more players on football scholly. Now after 1973 I believe bear may have but really not sure because the NCAA put 105 as the number you could have on scholly. 

I believe it was a little easier putting on basketball scholly as well because just like football he could sign as many as you could afford

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ellitor said:

A couple things. 1. The 25 signee limit is an NCAA rule. It has been brought down by the NCAA the past decade or so. 2. The other rule in play & the more important one from an enrollment POV is the yearly 25 new scholarship player rule. It's an NCAA rule also. That rule has been in place since 2002 although timing of it has changed over the years. It's the rule that would prevent us from adding another schollied player til January.

Back to the 25 signee limit rule. It's great the NCAA finally brought the number down 25 equaling the yearly new scholarship player rule last year. When there was unlimited signees a team could sign as many kids as they wanted but only enroll up to 25 of them. What happened to the kids that signeed with a school but didn't enroll? Great question! I'm glad you asked. Those kids who signed a NLI or FAA were bound to that school for 1 year from the time of the signing. That means they could not go to another FBS school until basically the Summer the year after they signed. If they wanted to play somewhere immediately they either had to go to FCS, D2, D3, or juco in year 1. This is where the famous Houston Nutt rule comes from. Sucked for any kids who qualified by the NCAA but didn't have room for the signed school to enroll them under the 25 yearly new scholarship player limit..

Thanks for the info - I'm obviously completely wrong with my thinking on the 25 limit.

I actually went back to this old article and misconstrued the intent altogether.  (I still wish we could add the old 28 limit)

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/sec_learning_to_live_with_new.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes if the money was there but until 1973 you could sign as many players as you could afford weather it being Auburn or turds hell bear had over 150 players on football scholly at one time. I don't think he needed to put them on track scholly since he had all the money he needed for football scholly.  Some years bear would sign over 50 or more players on football scholly. Now after 1973 I believe bear may have but really not sure because the NCAA put 105 as the number you could have on scholly. 

I believe it was a little easier putting on basketball scholly as well because just like football he could sign as many as you could afford

This is essentially what I was referring to with my Bear Bryant  era  comment.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, keesler said:

Thanks for the info - I'm obviously completely wrong with my thinking on the 25 limit.

I actually went back to this old article and misconstrued the intent altogether.  (I still wish we could add the old 28 limit)

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/sec_learning_to_live_with_new.html

The old 28 wouldn’t matter. We still couldn’t add a scholarship player. 28 was the number you could sign but you could still only enroll 25. Many reporters to this day have and still do get the whole process and rules incorrect.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 12:04 AM, Mikey said:

Do you base that on anything other than day dreams? I mean, I hope you are right but it seems very, very unlikely.

I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure how hard we are trying to slip him now. The freshman receivers are better than expected and we can sure use that extra scholly somewhere else. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 6:50 AM, mcgufcm said:

The DT from UT should be on the list. He’s flippable, and he’s a guy Coach G wants. 

Was told after his visit a few months ago he was AU's if AU wanted him. Not sure why he hasn't flipped yet, unless CRG is telling him to hold off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure how hard we are trying to slip him now. The freshman receivers are better than expected and we can sure use that extra scholly somewhere else. 

Not crazy at all. I've always said that I want to steal Haselwood just to steal a blue chip guy from uga. We have bigger needs elsewhere, though. Especially as long as we hold onto Pickens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure how hard we are trying to slip him now. The freshman receivers are better than expected and we can sure use that extra scholly somewhere else. 

 

This makes my heart happy - the better than expected part! 

As always, thanks for sharing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

OSU isn't going to fire Urban. 

At this point I’m starting to believe that will be the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 8:27 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure how hard we are trying to slip him now. The freshman receivers are better than expected and we can sure use that extra scholly somewhere else. 

 

So should I read into this that it seems very likely we hold onto Pickens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

So should I read into this that it seems very likely we hold onto Pickens?

The staff is and has been confident we keep him

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After what I have seen last night and this morning  I think @McLoofus‘s Top flip target right now is Mikey, followed closely by me. LOL

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After what I have seen last night and this morning  I think @McLoofus‘s Top flip target right now is Mikey, followed closely by me. LOL

Hah! You got one of those right, my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a heat map on these names? I believe this was the comprehensive list of realistic possibilities as of 2 weeks ago:

Haselwood (Discussed in detail above, but we might not be working him that hard anymore)
Trez Marshall
L. Cox (Likely?)
Donte Starks (Hoping for LSU implosion?)
Jalen Perry
Tyron Hopper
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, atl-tiger said:

Seems kind of necessary to me.  It would be like lifting the salary cap from the NFL.  Teams/schools with most money win.

All you have to do is look at the top 10 and you can see that it is already true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now