• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I'm good with this.

Kam Martin  5-10 193

UW all-world RB Gaskin 5'10" 194

5 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Here's to my man crush NCM!!! He's gonna score on Saturday, ya'll! 

And to my sidechick, er sideguy - I see you, Mr. Shivers!

7C98F387-7663-4975-82B8-0C80B8A80656.gif

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Biggest shock?  No mention of Devan Barrett on that depth chart.  If I'm him and Malik Miller I'm looking at my transfer options ASAP.

Didn't think Miller was healthy so no surprise there. 

I've got Gaskin on my fantasy team. He will be starting every game save this one. I just don't see him putting up big numbers on our defense. I hope I'm right... Because if I'm not, and Gaskin has some all world day against us, it could be a long game and I could very well lose round 1. 

On a side note, I'm also starting our defense. I have full faith in us this game. I have full faith that the struggles of early season Gus are behind us... It's early season games. Not just game 1. You guys know this... It's usually taken us about 3 or 4 weeks for Gus to find the identity of the team. I have full confidence this is something Gus has learned from and he has us ready and rolling game 1.

Heres to hoping anyway... It's game 1. Everyone is undefeated game 1.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

We do struggle with running backs coming out of the backfield  

I certainly wouldn't run 20+ times between the tackles at our D. Some of Gaskin's touches will be receptions in the flats.

He only rushed it 20+ times four times last season, all against poor defenses. However, he scored a rushing TD in every game except two games, so at 6.2 YPC, he does major damage.

Only in two games Gaskin did not have a run 10 yards or greater. One of them was against a cupcake. The other was against Utah, where he had 6 receptions for 114 yards, including a 76-yard reception for a TD.

No question the key to stopping UW is limiting Gaskin's big runs.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I don't understand how TD went from getting so many compliments and praise to now rumblings that the coaches haven't liked how he's performed in camp. Regardless, it will be great to now have Coe starting.

I haven’t heard that? Only thing I’ve heard is they’re both NFL caliber players. I’m excited to see both of them wreck havoc 

1. Gaskins is legit. The kid can run the dammmmm ball. Edge and middle. He is real. And if Browning is hitting his targets, look out.

2. Why only 2 deep on our RB position? I mean really ..... ????

3. I'm not convinced 100% on Marshall. Fact is, if you want to put it in the opponent's endzone from your own 30, it is Siposs, not Marshall. I'm beting both will be used in different situations.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I've got Gaskin on my fantasy team. He will be starting every game save this one. I just don't see him putting up big numbers on our defense. I hope I'm right... Because if I'm not, and Gaskin has some all world day against us, it could be a long game and I could very well lose round 1.

According to my fantasy mag, Gaskin is the #11 ranked RB in the P5 Week 1 matchups. He's forecasted to have 22 carries for 100 yards and 1 TD + 2 receptions for 21 yards.

That's a pretty salty forecast against our D.

If we can hold him to one TD, I like our chances.

56 minutes ago, AURex said:

1. Gaskins is legit. The kid can run the dammmmm ball. Edge and middle. He is real. And if Browning is hitting his targets, look out.

2. Why only 2 deep on our RB position? I mean really ..... ????

3. I'm not convinced 100% on Marshall. Fact is, if you want to put it in the opponent's endzone from your own 30, it is Siposs, not Marshall. I'm beting both will be used in different situations.

Add in UW's defense that returns 9 starters.   A top ten defense that is....   

This game is going to be a whopper IMO.   We better be ready.  

9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

IIRC, there's an article a month old or so stating Marshall bulked up and was kicking very well going into camp...

problem is Marshall always does well in practice. Hopefully better game day results

8 hours ago, gravejd said:

Pretty concerned about Sal being listed as a starting WR. He did not look good at all in his opportunities last year. This is one of listing that makes you worry about coaches playing favorites and not playing the best 11. But hopefully he has improved a whole whole bunch over the offseason and we see the magic against UW. 

Thats awful about McBride. Fall camp has been so quite with injuries i've been really nervous news would start trickling out the closer we got

Hey stop talking about my man crush Sal 'Cold Hands' 

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Add in UW's defense that returns 9 starters.   A top ten defense that is....   

This game is going to be a whopper IMO.   We better be ready.  

We'd have been a top5 defense if we played in the pus 12.  Their top 10 defense is very skewed

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Didn't think Miller was healthy so no surprise there. 

Healthy or not, Miller just isn't going to crack our 2 deep. Time to let that ship sail. He will either transfer or be a career backup.

10 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

According to my fantasy mag, Gaskin is the #11 ranked RB in the P5 Week 1 matchups. He's forecasted to have 22 carries for 100 yards and 1 TD + 2 receptions for 21 yards.

That's a pretty salty forecast against our D.

If we can hold him to one TD, I like our chances.

I just have a HARD time seeing him hitting us for 100 yards. I could see a receiving TD maybe two, but I just don't see him rushing for 100+ on us. 

I love our defense. I don't see me playing any other D unless we are on a buy. My other one is UGA and I see them taking a step back on D this season. I don't see that with our defense.

This is the most exciting time of the year for me. The anticipation... The possibilities. 

It's time for the season to start WDE! 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I haven’t heard that? Only thing I’ve heard is they’re both NFL caliber players. I’m excited to see both of them wreck havoc 

VIP info and yeah I posted it cuz it's not that deep for those that might trip.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Again, makes me reiterate my original question...

Is the roster shown a travel roster and Devin Barrett is not traveling?  ...or is it JUST a 2 deep but there will be more players available?

Used to be, teams only took part of their roster to away games.  Maybe in today's big $$ environment they're no longer limited?

...still would have expected to see Asa, Devin, Shivers, etc on the roster...

EDIT: @Brad_ATX answered my dumb question.

Note to self: Look at the special teams roster dummy!!!

I thought travel rosters were only for conference games.  I think, but could be wrong, in OOC games you can take who you want.  

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

nah....that would go against the narrative.    

Lots of coaches have "bad games" when they open against a #1 or #2 team.    I'm thinking of Jimbo last year and USCw the year before..... 

Deondre Francois threw for 90 more yards against bama last year than our entire offense put up against Clemson. They surrendered 3 sacks compared to our 11. Not sure which USC game you're referring to but I'm guessing we'd see a much better offensive performance than what Gus made us suffer through against Clemson the last 2 years or in the 2nd half of the LSU game this year or in a few other games since he's been head coach.

No, lots of coaches do not sink to the lows that Gus sometimes does. Keep saying it as much as you want but it won't ever be true. You'd sound much more objective and reasonable if you'd just acknowledge that the guy hasn't been in the business long and consequently has made some major mistakes on the biggest stages. It's okay to acknowledge these mistakes and still support him and be optimistic about the future. 

Your own narrative is no less egregious than, and thankfully just as scarce as the one that you continually exaggerate. 

On 8/28/2018 at 1:17 PM, atl-tiger said:

More to punting then just being able to kick it far.  Hang time is much preferred over distance.  I don't think in rugby they have to drop it within the 5 yard line from 40 yards out, so Marshall probably had the edge there as well.

Good points. Plus we fans are often the victims of the highlight reels. Those highlights have a tendency to not show, what a player can’t do.

46 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Ya I think Miller was injured not to long ago?

Seems like he's been hurt more than not since he's been in Auburn. I hate it for him. 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:24 AM, bigbird said:

I love the fact that Coe is starting. A  6'5" 282 lb buck that can move! Yes, please.

I don’t have the football smarts of The Bird but.....a standup DE/LB at that size?!?!?! That is so sick it makes me sick! I wish there was a gif for this! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, fredst said:

I don’t have the football smarts of The Bird but.....a standup DE/LB at that size?!?!?! That is so sick it makes me sick! I wish there was a gif for this! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!

Whenever that dog face shows up as posted, I just know I gotta read!  That your dog btw?  Reminds me of Sprocket from Fraggle Rock LOL

5ebd7-sprocket.jpg

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Whenever that dog face shows up as posted, I just know I gotta read!  That your dog btw?  Reminds me of Sprocket from Fraggle Rock LOL

5ebd7-sprocket.jpg

Yes, that’s my Old English Sheepdog. Man, I love that dog-just looking at her makes me smile because she looks kinda comical (and acts that way , lol). My girls accuse me of liking the OES more than them?

Archived