2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

Just now, autan said:

Is there any chance we go harder after 5* Vandagriff with the AMc decommittment?  I know chances are almost zero  that we steal one from UGA but BV does have AU ties.

Yes there's a chance but people connected to AU say don't get your hopes up.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, autan said:

Is there any chance we go harder after 5* Vandagriff with the AMc decommittment?  I know chances are almost zero  that we steal one from UGA but BV does have AU ties.

The fact that BVG IS a AU legacy and sat in Jordan Hare for several years (his family had season tickets. was at almost every home game) and saw up close and personal how this is not a passing QB friendly offense is the reason why he wanted nothing to do with Gus.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The fact that BVG IS a AU legacy and sat in Jordan Hare for several years (his family had season tickets. was at almost every home game) and saw up close and personal how this is not a passing QB friendly offense is the reason why he wanted nothing to do with Gus.

Image result for there you go gif"

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So he decommitted to Oklahoma and went to the passing juggernaut that is..... UGA. Yeah that makes sense

Just now, Sizzle said:

So he decommitted to Oklahoma and went to the passing juggernaut that is..... UGA. Yeah that makes sense

Focus more on why he committed to Oklahoma in the first place. 

And then focus on who uga's OC was in 2019 and whether or not he's still employed there. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Focus more on why he committed to Oklahoma in the first place. 

And then focus on who uga's OC was in 2019 and whether or not he's still employed there. 

I think it just came down to where can he play early. So he picked UGA

2021 recruiting thread - this is the part of the year where everyone says they love us and will be back a OV for sure! I fall for it every time 😂😂

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I think it just came down to where can he play early. So he picked UGA

I think you nailed it. I believe.there is a chance (but slim) that BV takes another look at everything in the fall. If Bo lights it up with CCM offense and seems likely to leave after junior year, Brock just might rethink his future plans. Could make Mama happy to at least consider that option. I wouldn't expect anything to happen before fall if at all.

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

lol BRODDDDDIE  come on now!!!! You fam but I KNOW YOU DID NOT WANT ME TO REPEAT MYSELF for the 37th time bitching and moaning about how it makes NOOOOOOOOOOO SENSE for him to go to Georgia either!!!!!! hahahaha. People are tired about me doing that ever since he committed. Honestly Georgia should have less the benefit of the doubt than us.  BUT GUESS WHAT?! I AM GOING TO DO IT AGAIN ANYWAYS!!!! lmao.... BUT Great recruiters are able to make the illogical logical. Gus cannot do that. HAYUUUUUUUULLL we cannot even get a GOOD high school OT jump in the boat with us for quite some now now. Even when we have all the playing time in the world!!! lol. WHY IS THIS IN BOLD?!?! IDK!!! DAD GUMIT!!! DID I HIT SOMETHING?!?!? bahahah

So guess what. We have yet another new dead period the NCAA added this year. It goes through the rest of February. This one makes sense. In return I wish they would give the coaches the last couple weeks in August back so the coaches can go see the bigger games that tend to happen in weeks 0 & 1 of the high school season. But alas they aren't.

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Has there been any genuine reason for McLaughlin's or AU's change of heart on his commitment. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

Chad Morris wants a different guy. There won't be an official quote stating that but that's the deal.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Chad Morris wants a different guy. There won't be an official quote stating that but that's the deal.

I can understand that.

Anyone have any clue what Morris is looking for in a QB that McLaughlin evidently didn't have for him moving forward?

And don't tell me he just wants a DT type QB please. 

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Anyone have any clue what Morris is looking for in a QB that McLaughlin evidently didn't have for him moving forward?

And don't tell me he just wants a DT type QB please. 

None of us are Chad  & AU reporters aren't likely to post answers to that type of info even if they get it so the chances of us ever knowing are slim. Just know he apparently likes guys like Miller Moss & Dematrius Davis better.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

None of us are Chad  & AU reporters aren't likely to post answers to that type of info even if they get it so the chances of us ever knowing are slim. Just know he apparently likes guys like Miller Moss & Dematrius Davis better.

True dual threats if possible, passers with escapability as a fall back. 

On 2/5/2020 at 12:49 AM, Jonesy said:

What E said

Welcome back, Jonesy! Great to see you post!

32 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Welcome back, Jonesy! Great to see you post!

Doubt he's really back. He's featured on the AU Rant.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doubt he's really back. He's featured on the AU Rant.

I figured but still nice to see him around at times since I don’t venture off from this board. 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Anyone know the reason we haven't offered Caleb Williams yet? #1 Overall Dual Threat QB in 2021 and we haven't even offered? Have we seen something we don't like? Why not even offer??

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Williams-46040610/

Doesn't matter at this point. He has his top teams, 1 of which is LSU.

Archived