The Blame

AUght2win

7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

This whole thing gets ridiculous...

First, it should tell you all you need to know about Gus that he creates this kind of division.

Second, and I cannot say this enough, its a message board...its made for banter, discussion, back and forth and yes even arguments.  Sure, it could be more respectful sometimes but for the love of goodness at the end of the day does it really matter if someone offends you or is snarky on a message board? This site has an ignore function which I have used liberally. If you don’t like someone’s post then simply ignore them. I’m quite sure several have me on ignore and it doesn’t bother me not one iota.

Some on here act like this is a damn tea party where everyone has to bow before entering and hold their pinky up while sipping from the good china. Now we got folks making posts about being respectful smh...I certainly hope he’s speaking to both sides of this argument because I haven’t seen any more jackass posts from anyone as much as Mikey and AU-64 among others. They want to belittle and make fun of those who like winning football games and coherent offense.  And you know what’s amazing? When I leave this board, I don’t think about any of the snark or smartass comments not one single time. Because I understand its a message board where folks come to hash these things out. 

Bunch of self righteous virtue signaling fakes on here. Good grief. 

I was going to say something similar but decided to let someone else.....you can't really come to a football board and not expect too see critiques. That's like going to a cooking forum and getting frustrated when people talk about recipes

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I was going to say something similar but decided to let someone else.....you can't really come to a football board and not expect too see critiques. That's like going to a cooking forum and getting frustrated when people talk about recipes

Yeah I don’t get it at all. All it seems like to me is a way for some on here to say “hey look at me I’m a better fan than you”.

And its not like most of us don’t like Gus. Im sure he’s a good guy who cares and is trying...but at the end of the day he isn’t paid to be a good guy...he’s paid to win games.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes I didn't think you were speaking to me about Gus as that's not what people get upset with me about ...I was offering you a different perspective as far as you grouping the "haters" because relating it to myself maybe they aren't hating just speaking their truth or maybe you just don't see the full convo because the opposite side can be quite ugly when you don't agree as well

i disagree. there are many who express their displeasure with a ton of class. then we got those wanting gus to die or get busted in recruiting and that sort of thing. also the pumps never got their own article on al.com for being bipolar either. if some pumps are rude i have not seen it but i always found it that they were rude after being attacked. but i would welcome anyone showing me any posts that the pumps have posted that get as nasty as what some downers have posted. fair is fair and i am all for it.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i disagree. there are many who express their displeasure with a ton of class. then we got those wanting gus to die or get busted in recruiting and that sort of thing. also the pumps never got their own article on al.com for being bipolar either. if some pumps are rude i have not seen it but i always found it that they were rude after being attacked. but i would welcome anyone showing me any posts that the pumps have posted that get as nasty as what some downers have posted. fair is fair and i am all for it.

One, actually two of your pumpers literally stalks my posts and I see them get nasty with a bunch of people but I'm not about to start anything. I've never seen anybody say anything about wanting someone to die myself but I'm not going to disagree I usually just take people for their word. I do know when you try to lump everybody together and say find the one that did this you are usually setting yourself up for an easy loss. 

But like I said on the outside looking in I've seen both sides say unreasonable things

26 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

First, it should tell you all you need to know about Gus that he creates this kind of division.

Second, and I cannot say this enough, its a message board...its made for banter, discussion, back and forth and yes even arguments.  Sure, it could be more respectful sometimes but for the love of goodness at the end of the day does it really matter if someone offends you or is snarky on a message board? This site has an ignore function which I have used liberally. If you don’t like someone’s post then simply ignore them. I’m quite sure several have me on ignore and it doesn’t bother me not one iota.

Some on here act like this is a damn tea party where everyone has to bow before entering and hold their pinky up while sipping from the good china. Now we got folks making posts about being respectful smh...I certainly hope he’s speaking to both sides of this argument because I haven’t seen any more jackass posts from anyone as much as Mikey and AU-64 among others. They want to belittle and make fun of those who like winning football games and coherent offense.  And you know what’s amazing? When I leave this board, I don’t think about any of the snark or smartass comments not one single time. Because I understand its a message board where folks come to hash these things out. 

Yes I was speaking to everyone. No self-righteousness involved in my thread. A good poster with great input was run off by a poster who apparently couldn't care less. That's what prompted my thread. Disagreement doesn't bother me but yes, disrespect does. The poster was very disrespectful to JMR. 

11 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yeah I don’t get it at all. All it seems like to me is a way for some on here to say “hey look at me I’m a better fan than you”.

And its not like most of us don’t like Gus. Im sure he’s a good guy who cares and is trying...but at the end of the day he isn’t paid to be a good guy...he’s paid to win games.

i have yet to see anyone say they are a better poster than others.i will say i have enough class not to kick my team when they are down. i will not throw an 18 year old frosh under the bus with a 5 and 1 record. most folks on here knew bo would have games where he would struggle. if you cannot support your team in times of trouble and support them when they need it most maybe some of you are not very good fans.and go read the friggin rules. bashing players on this board is a no no. and gus is paid for more than winning football games. he is supposed to build character and turn men into leaders and all that.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have yet to see anyone say they are a better poster than others.i will say i have enough class not to kick my team when they are down. i will not throw an 18 year old frosh under the bus with a 5 and 1 record. most folks on here knew bo would have games where he would struggle. if you cannot support your team in times of trouble and support them when they need it most maybe some of you are not very good fans.and go read the friggin rules. bashing players on this board is a no no. and gus is paid for more than winning football games. he is supposed to build character and turn men into leaders and all that.

no bro, he’s paid to win. They can pay a pastor 7 mil to do that other stuff.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

One, actually two of your pumpers literally stalks my posts and I see them get nasty with a bunch of people but I'm not about to start anything. I've never seen anybody say anything about wanting someone to die myself but I'm not going to disagree I usually just take people for their word. I do know when you try to lump everybody together and say find the one that did this you are usually setting yourself up for an easy loss. 

But like I said on the outside looking in I've seen both sides say unreasonable things

the poster did say he hoped gus died and folks agreed with him tho it was a few. it was the same year thrustmaxell joined. he was banned quickly. i have no reason to lie about that and i challenge you to show me where one pumper said anything close to that kind of hatred. it would seem you think i am lying but i am not. if anything i am truthful to a fault.

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yes I was speaking to everyone. No self-righteousness involved in my thread. A good poster with great input was run off by a poster who apparently couldn't care less. That's what prompted my thread. Disagreement doesn't bother me but yes, disrespect does. The poster was very disrespectful to JMR. 

I saw that and I agree that was out of line. Hope JMR hangs around,

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

no bro, he’s paid to win. They can pay a pastor 7 mil to do that other stuff.

yes he is paid to win but he is also charged with helping men grow and becoming contributing members of society and if you do not believe that i feel for ya.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

And i’ve never bashed a player, and i’ve seen few who do. A lot of the things the anti Gus crowd are accused of never happened.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

yes he is paid to win but he is also charged with helping men grow and becoming contributing members of society and if you do not believe that i feel for ya.

Living in Alabama all my life I’ve talked to many who played for the bear. They turned into fine men who were successful at more than football, Im sure the same can be said for many who played for all the greats including the ever unpopular saban...and guess what...they won too...

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the poster did say he hoped gus died and folks agreed with him tho it was a few. it was the same year thrustmaxell joined. he was banned quickly. i have no reason to lie about that and i challenge you to show me where one pumper said anything close to that kind of hatred. it would seem you think i am lying but i am not. if anything i am truthful to a fault.

Wow I literally said I haven't seen anybody say anything like that but I don't disagree as I tend to take people for their word....if you got I think you're lying from that I don't know what to say. 

But I'll just eject from the convo as I don't care too much really, I just know I see both sides start arguments and say unreasonable stuff and I'm not trying to go for who says the worst as that would be subjective anyway. Just tried to offer you an objective opinion as you seem to have chosen a "side" and you're vested in the debate. Have fun bro

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

And i’ve never bashed a player, and i’ve seen few who do. A lot of the things the anti Gus crowd are accused of never happened.

look you act like this was aimed at you personally and you would be wrong. i am not going to argue about it all night. i do not single folks out unless they get rude or call me a liar. what i have said is the truth. agree or not it is your choice. nothing you say is going to change my mind. i value loyalty and i love auburn beyond wins and losses. and yes of course i want to win.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

look you act like this was aimed at you personally and you would be wrong. i am not going to argue about it all night. i do not single folks out unless they get rude or call me a liar. what i have said is the truth. agree or not it is your choice. nothing you say is going to change my mind. i value loyalty and i love auburn beyond wins and losses. and yes of course i want to win.

aight

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Wow I literally said I haven't seen anybody say anything like that but I don't disagree as I tend to take people for their word....if you got I think you're lying from that I don't know what to say. 

But I'll just eject from the convo as I don't care too much really, I just know I see both sides start arguments and say unreasonable stuff and I'm not trying to go for who says the worst as that would be subjective anyway. Just tried to offer you an objective opinion as you seem to have chosen a "side" and you're vested in the debate. Have fun bro

cole if i thought yo were calling me a liar i would call you out by name. i just know how this board works and wanted to get that in before someone else said. i wapologize for that misunderstanding as it was not my intent. like i said i try to be fair.  later

9 hours ago, bg5 said:

That's encouraging because I think our skill players are going to be very good for the next few years.

I agree at QB and RB. Not sure about WR though. We need to see more consistent development from that position.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I agree at QB and RB. Not sure about WR though. We need to see more consistent development from that position.

Almost posted the same thing. Just about everyone currently catching passes will likely be gone after next year. Going to need several guys who aren't currently contributing to step it up big time next year. With a sophomore QB standing behind a totally green OL. 

11 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I get what you are saying but the only thing I will disagree with mainly will be AU64.  I feel like he gets a lot worse rap than he deserves.  You can disagree and to be cordial.  A good example is how you and I interact I think.  I hope you can agree that you and I interact pretty well.  AU64 does the same.  He never singles anyone out to feel ashamed.  And there are certain posters to actually do attack him personally when it was uncalled for.  Some headhunt him.

At the end of the day, yes it is a message board but you never know who is really behind that keyboard.  Maybe they do take things personally even when they say they don't.  Maybe this forum is their escape.  On the flip side, maybe that person had a really bad day and said some things on here that they shouldn't.  In this day and age of mental health awareness everything interprets things different.  It all boils down to how you say it.

A great example is @DAG.  I know you weren't on here when I first joined but he and I hated each other.  It was bad.  I even saved a PM from him when I reached out to him to patch things up back when and he said "you was not worth my time responding to."  I can say this in good fun because of our good relationship now.  It all stemmed from how he wrote his posts, and they are night and day different from today.  If in your first response is the word somewhere "idiot" the recipient of the message will automatically draw up defenses.  In DAG's case, it may have been him getting married and having a child that calmed him down but today he and I are best buds on here.  Even Facebook friends.

A final example is, if I responded to you saying I disagreed, would you rather me say "That is an idiotic line of thinking" OR "I think you are incorrect."  The first way would cause a fight more than likely.  The second would lead to a positive discussion.  I personally would much rather like the second phrase.  Does this make sense?  I will try to end this with a funny way of showing how the tone sets everything because it's Friday and we all should have a great way to start the day:

erer.jpg

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I get what you are saying but the only thing I will disagree with mainly will be AU64.  I feel like he gets a lot worse rap than he deserves.  You can disagree and to be cordial.  A good example is how you and I interact I think.  I hope you can agree that you and I interact pretty well.  AU64 does the same.  He never singles anyone out to feel ashamed.  And there are certain posters to actually do attack him personally when it was uncalled for.  Some headhunt him.

At the end of the day, yes it is a message board but you never know who is really behind that keyboard.  Maybe they do take things personally even when they say they don't.  Maybe this forum is their escape.  On the flip side, maybe that person had a really bad day and said some things on here that they shouldn't.  In this day and age of mental health awareness everything interprets things different.  It all boils down to how you say it.

A great example is @DAG.  I know you weren't on here when I first joined but he and I hated each other.  It was bad.  I even saved a PM from him when I reached out to him to patch things up back when and he said "you was not worth my time responding to."  I can say this in good fun because of our good relationship now.  It all stemmed from how he wrote his posts, and they are night and day different from today.  If in your first response is the word somewhere "idiot" the recipient of the message will automatically draw up defenses.  In DAG's case, it may have been him getting married and having a child that calmed him down but today he and I are best buds on here.  Even Facebook friends.

A final example is, if I responded to you saying I disagreed, would you rather me say "That is an idiotic line of thinking" OR "I think you are incorrect."  The first way would cause a fight more than likely.  The second would lead to a positive discussion.  I personally would much rather like the second phrase.  Does this make sense?  I will try to end this with a funny way of showing how the tone sets everything because it's Friday and we all should have a great way to start the day:

erer.jpg

Not married yet ;). I know I am a heathen.

Archived