Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

Whitlow got his snaps because nobody ran harder than him.  Unfortunately that also led to some fumbles.  He started out at wr after being a do everything qb in high school I believe.   He had the ability to make something out of nothing.   With our poor offensive line he was our best back to use.  Shivers lacks vision and ability to create, he needs the hole to be where it is suppose to be or he fails on any run between the tackles.  DJ was hurt and earned his carries as he got healthier and jumped over Shivers for the above stated reasons.  Miller lost too much from his injuries.  Gus never could figure out how to use Martin.   Still don’t know what we have in Joiner, have not seen enough.  His work effort and attitude has always been highlighted for how great it was, so it is odd to hear differently in these rumors.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nope what young man? nope bo was not lazy at practice? i doubt he skipped many or any classes. shrugs. is this what you refer too?

Nope on your Whitlow assumption.  Just reading the articles over the last couple years that you posted on him tells us that.  Thank you for posting them by the way.  Thanks for the young man comment too, it sounds good to my ears!

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Nope on your Whitlow assumption.  Just reading the articles over the last couple years that you posted on him tells us that.  Thank you for posting them by the way.  Thanks for the young man comment too, it sounds good to my ears!

well i can be very nice at times and that was intended nice. i wish i was a young man again.

5 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Sounds like Boobie is taking advice from Cardale Jones.

Image result for didn't come here to play school"

No. Words. But I do classes for a living. I definitely ain't come to play football.

P.S. SURE DO HOPE he has a back up plan. 

This sits with me wrong. Boobie did a lot of things to make me think he was a "me" guy and not a "team" guy. This confirms it. 

I highly doubt he ever plays another down of college ball. There's no way a kid like him transfers and sits out a whole year. He'll get too impatient and try his hand at the draft next spring.

Just now, AUght2win said:

This sits with me wrong. Boobie did a lot of things to make me think he was a "me" guy and not a "team" guy. This confirms it. 

I highly doubt he ever plays another down of college ball. There's no way a kid like him transfers and sits out a whole year. He'll get too impatient and try his hand at the draft next spring.

He'd be better off transferring to an FCS school and proving himself more.  I don't see him drafted at this point.

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He'd be better off transferring to an FCS school and proving himself more.  I don't see him drafted at this point.

His best bet would be to declare for the supplemental draft hope nobody takes him and then sign with the team that has the best opportunity for him.

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

No. Words. But I do classes for a living. I definitely ain't come to play football.

Here is Cardale re-visiting that tweet 3 years later, courtesy of @Zinzan -- I can't quote their post for some reason but here it is earlier in this thread:

Good luck to Boobee. I thought he was a decent back. But if you think about it there are a lot of SEC schools where he wouldn’t be the starter, including our biggest rivals. Our young talent like MAR, DJ, and Tank have skill sets much more in line with traditional top shelf AU RBs. 

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

This. Whatever drove this decision for him I hope he had the forethought to consider the remaining possibilities if football doesn't work out like he wants it to. I never saw him as an NFL back but there are other leagues that he may give him a chance. The educational opportunities that college athletes receive are not be be taken lightly. I hope for his sake the statements about him not attending classes are incorrect. Quitting anything can lead to more quitting down the road in other facets of life. I wish him well and much success. Life is not about what you get for your efforts but how you respond to what you get. 

Boobie was my favorite back. He could make plays where others couldn’t. But we have depth and I’m excited about that depth too. I am disappointed in boobie, the man. I don’t see how this is a good move for him, his family or anyone else involved. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t see how this is a good move for him, his family or anyone else involved. 

It's an odd chain of events for sure, and to do it today of all days.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

It's bad for Auburn if this has been going on for three years and he has been passing his classes. Doesn't that broach the question as to how he was getting by? Again, i have no idea whether this was occuring long term short term or at all. 

I know plenty of people who don’t go to class, study the PowerPoint slides and pass the exams. It also depends on the particular classes and professor rules. It can be done. With that being said , I highly doubt those rumors to be true. 

Auburn RB JaTarvious Whitlow Reportedly Enters Transfer Portal

TYLER CONWAYFEBRUARY 5, 202065

Butch Dill/Associated Press

Despite leading Auburn in rushing the last two seasons, JaTarvious Whitlow has reportedly entered the transfer portal.

Tom Green and Matt Zenitz of AL.com reported Whitlow entered the transfer portal Wednesday to explore his options. He rushed for 763 yards and 10 touchdowns while appearing in 11 games last season for the Tigers.

A 3-star recruit in 2017, Whitlow emerged as Auburn's most reliable rusher in a crowded backfield the last two seasons. He would have likely entered 2020 as the favorite to earn the starting job. 

D.J. Williams will now likely head into the spring as the starter. Williams was the Tigers' second-leading rusher in 2019 with 400 yards and two scores. His best competition may come from true freshman Tank Bigsby, who arrives with major expectations after being ranked as the No. 39 overall recruit in the 2020 class by 247Sports.

An Alabama native, Whitlow was not highly recruited coming out of high school. After two years of production at the Power Five level, though, odds are he will have his pick of top-flight schools looking to bring him in.

Whitlow will have one year of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2020 season unless he is granted a waiver to play immediately. 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

6’ - 210 lbs.   Not a monster.  It should be interesting to see what he can do against SEC defenses. 

It was a joke based on the Braun Strowman gif. One of his taglines is "a monster among men."

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Whitlow got his snaps because nobody ran harder than him.  Unfortunately that also led to some fumbles.  He started out at wr after being a do everything qb in high school I believe.   He had the ability to make something out of nothing.   With our poor offensive line he was our best back to use.  Shivers lacks vision and ability to create, he needs the hole to be where it is suppose to be or he fails on any run between the tackles.  DJ was hurt and earned his carries as he got healthier and jumped over Shivers for the above stated reasons.  Miller lost too much from his injuries.  Gus never could figure out how to use Martin.   Still don’t know what we have in Joiner, have not seen enough.  His work effort and attitude has always been highlighted for how great it was, so it is odd to hear differently in these rumors.

Running hard didn't lead to his fumbles. Being bad at holding onto the football did.

You're way, way off on Worm. Particularly odd after the IB.

Joiner's an H/big slot guy. He was last year and he will continue to be. As for his effort and attitude, they were a question when he was recruited. That's why he had to shop himself around for so long before coming back around to us. He wanted to be offered strictly as a running back but none of the big programs really saw him that way. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

It's bad for Auburn if this has been going on for three years and he has been passing his classes. Doesn't that broach the question as to how he was getting by? Again, i have no idea whether this was occuring long term short term or at all. 

@shabby You are assuming way too much in your post to even hypothesize 3 years. Not sure where you where or how you got 3 years from. It's something that crept up some last semester & got much worse this semester.

Archived