2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts

ellitor

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:44 PM, ellitor said:

2. Langlo is likely a Guard.

He is one of the ones who I said could be an OT or Guard.  He has the wing span to be an OT but ability to pull. Stilll needs to bulk up but with his frame and our program that should not be an issue.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, toddc said:

Just threw up a little bit in my mouth! 😝 

Lot. FIFY

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Smart guy. He sees a wide open depth chart in 2022 for a Big Six SEC program. 

Nah, he said “dang they started 5 guards on their OL this year... I could start as soon as I get there!”

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts Commits To AU!!
1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Gus’ chef’s kiss of an OL class. 

Do you seriously blame Gus for a kid decommitting because Gus was fired?

I think we blame Gus for 5-6 straight years of sub-par (to be kind) OL recruiting. This is just the cherry 🍒 on top. But, in Gus’ defense, at least it got him fired

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

I think we blame Gus for 5-6 straight years of sub-par (to be kind) OL recruiting. This is just the cherry 🍒 on top. But, in Gus’ defense, at least it got him fired

Yes, but blaming him for kids who were committed to him jumping ship because he was fired is kinda, well, insane.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, but blaming him for kids who were committed to him jumping ship because he was fired is kinda, well, insane.

Agree. Hope the young man does not commit elsewhere and recommits to AUBURN when a new staff gets finalized

Gus is gone we all know under his tenure that O-Line recruiting sucks. We don't need to keep beating a dead horse. It is now in the past. The best we can hope for is once we get a new coach is he is still available and will give the new coach and staff a chance to convince him to commit to Auburn.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Do you seriously blame Gus for a kid decommitting because Gus was fired?

I blame Gus that there were only two HS kids on the list to begin with when we needed to sign 5-7 (and had four committed at one point). Losing one of the two just puts the cherry on top.

You're telling me we need five or more Offensive Linemen and no less than two HS Offensive Tackles. What if we sign two total. Both Guards. Deal? This OL class was his opus. A true master work.

So are y'all saying Jaeden Roberts decommitted from Auburn because they fired Gus? That tells me Jaeden was never truly all in for Auburn in the first place. So he only committed to us cause of Gus? well that's not a good enough reason.

23 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

So are y'all saying Jaeden Roberts decommitted from Auburn because they fired Gus? That tells me Jaeden was never truly all in for Auburn in the first place. So he only committed to us cause of Gus? well that's not a good enough reason.

How many players committed to alabama because of Saban?

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Players commit for all kinds of different reasons. Their girl friend is going to that school, they like the position coach who has put a lot of players in NFL, the like the head coach, school has a great program in their major, they like the campus, they want to stay close to home, they want to get away from home, style of play fits their skill set, etc.  There are no bad reasons just reasons.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Just please give this LOYALTY to a  particular school a rest!  Those days are LONG gone and have been for years.  Recruiting is all about relationships with the coaches.   Head coach and their position coach.  When the relationships is broken by the school then it has a negative effect on the recruit.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Some on this forum will continue to blame Gus for anything negative that happens to our football program for several years until they start blaming the next coach they want to fire. Insane is right.

Archived