Big Kat to portal

Tony4AU

I’ve reached the “I don’t care anymore” about all of the transfers. I’m ready for something new and will be patient for the next couple of years hoping Harsin can pull off the turn around.  I wish them all luck, except against Auburn.  

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Big Kat? I thought read a short time ago that said he was staying. Oh well. Best of luck, Big Kat.Kat.

The NCAA needs to do something about this dang portal. Too many players are leaving left and right.

When you can’t produce when Brown and Davidson are getting double teamed..............are you really starter material.  Bigger name than talent, wish him the best at grad school and his future career.

Holy cow what’s the big deal? Some of you are making a deal of nothing. He’s a Senior so under normal circumstances he’d be gone anyways and quite frankly the best thing about his game is his name. File this under the meh category. 

13 minutes ago, CR said:

Did he seriously spell Garner as Gardner in his farewell post?

Yep. 😀

16 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The NCAA needs to do something about this dang portal. Too many players are leaving left and right.

It will take care of itself. The portal is full, but teams still have a cap of signing 25 a year so a lot of them will end up in less than desirable locations.  For example, Boobee Whitlow at Western Illinois. 

I don’t like the number of players leaving. It makes me think something is wrong behind the scenes. Are these players mad about Gus being fired? Are they not on board with the Harsin hire? Is it that they don’t like the new coaches coming in? This just seems like an insane number of transfers. 

Even if he did not produce like most people thought he would, he was an Auburn Tiger for 4 years. Kudos Big Kat. Good luck! 

5 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I don’t like the number of players leaving. It makes me think something is wrong behind the scenes. Are these players mad about Gus being fired? Are they not on board with the Harsin hire? Is it that they don’t like the new coaches coming in? This just seems like an insane number of transfers. 

Relax it's not that bad, he was a senior technically anyways. The ship is turning in the right direction we just have to be patient. 

43 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Holy cow what’s the big deal? Some of you are making a deal of nothing. He’s a Senior so under normal circumstances he’d be gone anyways and quite frankly the best thing about his game is his name. File this under the meh category. 

All out of likes for today, but you are right.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

All these transfers, IMO, is evidence "exhibit A" that Gus ran a soft program.

Harsin comes in, pulls a Pat Dye, and already the chaff is being separated from the wheat.

Never heard of such a thing in my football life with all these defections before even giving Spring Ball a try. 

I'll refrain from saying anything about the transfers but I hope the fans & PTB are understanding of this for the next couple years, at least, and fully support CBH & the young men who have the guts to tough it out.  Frankly, this is what it means to have a solid foundation for the future. 

This team could be reminiscent of Dye's '81 team.

War Eagle!

Great to see you posting, and I totally agree. 

Good guy and seemed to love AU (and probably still does).  Always seemed a tweener to me....too slow for true OLB position and not strong enough for true DE position.  Kinda reminds me of Tre Threatt, but taller/leaner

14 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Honestly, I think we're OK.  The transfers can be overcome, and they are probably due to loyalty to a "fired or non-retained" coach.  No problem in the long run.  I think CBH will have great success here.  We will benefit from the transfer market, and the new players coming here because their recruiting coach is now coming to Auburn.

At least I hope so.

Archived