Amazing how pedestrian and flustered a great QB can look

TitanTiger

22 hours ago, DAG said:

JJ had is own issues which was confidence in my opinion. He had all the tools and looks of an NFL type QB, but when that confidence is gone, it can really affect your game. Now, a guy who was criticize like no other was NM. I remember people literally righting him off , begging for JJ to be the QB. The love he gets now is very reactive.

I think the mental aspect of actually being the “man” was a huge burden for JJ...or maybe it was his boogie man roommate Duke Williams. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I brought that up last night. I'm close to putting last year o line unit in the group as well. One bad game and it's that guy sucks. Nobody grades out 100% every game. If you do it's because the ball literally never comes your way then. Mistakes are going to be made. And sometimes it's not even that. You have guys lined up on the other side as you that are players. Especially at DB.

At db you can make the most AMAZING play to even almost break up a play that wasn't your fault. You are covering for a safety maybe and the fact you made it to the play was incredible......And he'll get ohhhh he was beat again? This guy is 🚮

The OL played well for their ability last year and all things considered. Even in the UGA game, everybody here kept saying how we were getting whipped up front which was true on some reps, but more often it was just missed assignments as opposed to getting straight whipped. Much of that could be contributed to no spring. 

The other thing I have ran into with posters here and other sites is the ignore Bo's faults when the OL did their job. More times than not when there was a clean pocket Bo still bailed, or didn't set his feet and missed the throw. The OL has no control over that

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I will take that as a compliment (I love peanut butter).

Definitely a compliment. Seriously. You've brought a very unique and appreciated perspective to this conversation and others. Glad to have you participating. Don't remember if you're new-ish or a reformed former lurker but, truly, post more often.

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I think the mental aspect of actually being the “man” was a huge burden for JJ...or maybe it was his boogie man roommate Duke Williams. 

I also do not remember an AU QB being as hyped as him. He was given the Heisman in Aug before he ever played a down. That had to play a role.

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So yeah since I was by myself then getting so many hate messages that inbox was full and people wanting me kicked off the board, I'm going to just mention myself now.

It just seems like you mention yourself a lot, that's all.  That may be what is attracting the flak.  We all know you know your stuff, no need to repeat it.  👍  And I am not being mean when I say this, you know I respect you as a poster.  You take the time to go into detail in your posts and people respect that.

If you wanted to know, I was also defending JJ as well.  It's just how I am when it comes to our players, I try to be as supportive as possible.  ⬇️

On 5/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, abw0004 said:

This doesn’t sound like Jeremy Johnson at all.  From what I read he was always the light-hearted one of the group, finding positives in everything. That was from his mother in an interview when discussing his decision to not transfer his senior year.  Something else has to be going on that we need to understand before passing judgement. 

22 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Here's another topic...

Anybody here just flat out doesn't like Bo and is rooting against him? Maybe you want to say "told you so", you can't stand his fans, or you just don't like the guy? 

Man, it would be hard for me to imagine an actual AU fan rooting against the starting QB. I can see a fan being disappointed or questioning whether or not someone ought to be the starter, but the second they actually root for them to fail they are also rooting for AU to fail and at that point it's hard to call them a fan.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm close to putting last year o line unit in the group as well.

Yup. That's how this whole thing started (this time). This thread is literally dedicated to blaming certain players for the performance of others. It provoked objective responses. Which, when opining on certain players or coaches, get labeled "hate" and "bashing". Speaking of, the lack of overzealous moderation in this one has been refreshing. 

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I brought that up last night. I'm close to putting last year o line unit in the group as well. One bad game and it's that guy sucks. Nobody grades out 100% every game. If you do it's because the ball literally never comes your way then. Mistakes are going to be made. And sometimes it's not even that. You have guys lined up on the other side as you that are players. Especially at DB.

At db you can make the most AMAZING play to even almost break up a play that wasn't your fault. You are covering for a safety maybe and the fact you made it to the play was incredible......And he'll get ohhhh he was beat again? This guy is 🚮

The OL last year struggled in the first couple games. They were much better than the previous year, but struggled. However, they probably improved across the course of the season more than any other unit. While not exactly dominant towards the end, they did enough not to look so inept on offense.

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I also do not remember an AU QB being as hyped as him. He was given the Heisman in Aug before he ever played a down. That had to play a role.

Sooooooo much of it is pure insecurity on the part of fans. It's very human. But I'm pretty sure a lot of folks spent the summer of 2015 telling their bammer, uga and lsu friends how good Auburn was going to be that year. Reality was merciless. We just took it out on the wrong guy.

Happened to Kiehl Frazier and, well, again, most of Gus's QBs.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sooooooo much of it is pure insecurity on the part of fans. It's very human. But I'm pretty sure a lot of folks spent the summer of 2015 telling their bammer, uga and lsu friends how good Auburn was going to be that year. Reality was merciless. We just took it out on the wrong guy.

Yup. There are definitely lessons to be learned from the side of the fans. Fans should have realized all that hype was overblown though. I think many were still under the impression that Gus was still an Offensive Genius and if he could "turn a DB into NM#14, imagine what he could do with a real QB"

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yup. There are definitely lessons to be learned from the side of the fans. Fans should have realized all that hype was overblown though. I think many were still under the impression that Gus was still an Offensive Genius and if he could "turn a DB into NM#14, imagine what he could do with a real QB"

This was exactly the case for me. Also: Chris Todd set records! Cam Newton is the GOAT!* 2011 was... Gene Chizik's fault! There were a few who saw through it, but not us average joes who don't have a deep understanding of the game. Like you said, always learning.

*Cam Newton actually is the GOAT of college ball. Just made the mistake of thinking that Gus had something to do with that. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I actually brought up the anxiety especially that Bo must feel.....I I believe the next reply was ok this needs to be locked down 😂

Cam and Marshall should actually be celebrated more. This is what they did in spite of.....But a little more to NM because I'm sure chizik dialed Gus back some

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I actually brought up the anxiety especially that Bo must feel.....I I believe the next reply was ok this needs to be locked down 😂

You know Bo has to have a ton of anxiety...being the son of an AU "legend" . Being the Golden Boy has it's dues for sure.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Exactly. 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Frazier was the only guy that I saw play and from his play I thought I don't know if he has it to me a QB and to this day I still can't understand how you can ball the way he balled and not be able to play college

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Based on the information at the time. It somewhat made sense for people to think that. Also JJ did an helluva job filling in for Nick. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

the lack of overzealous moderation in this one has been refreshing. 

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't want to say it lol......scared I might jinx it.

4xhgih.gif

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It just seems like you mention yourself a lot, that's all.  That may be what is attracting the flak.  We all know you know your stuff, no need to repeat it.  👍  And I am not being mean when I say this, you know I respect you as a poster.  You take the time to go into detail in your posts and people respect that.

If you wanted to know, I was also defending JJ as well.  It's just how I am when it comes to our players, I try to be as supportive as possible.  ⬇️

Well when you are called names and stuff is said about you, you are going to bring it back up when it turns out you're right. And when people aren't there when you go through stuff it can be aggravating getting chastised when you are vindicated....But yeah it would take you to know the entire story. 

For the sake of the thread I'm going to just move on. It seems to be going in a very good place now. It didn't even get locked!

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Definitely a compliment. Seriously. You've brought a very unique and appreciated perspective to this conversation and others. Glad to have you participating. Don't remember if you're new-ish or a reformed former lurker but, truly, post more often.

Appreciate the comments. Extremely new-ish ( to old to be “reformed”). Just recently “found” my way here trying to find “real” information on the coaching search. Enjoying the ride so far ( haven’t been banned yet and no side conversations with the “mods” to straighten me out).

Archived