Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ok I read the second one a bit and btw you stated that it's much more likely to become less but then you posted an article that says we don't know what it may do which I know before reading that......you don't know like everybody else don't.

When you read articles it's important to pay attention to cue words like theory. ....But like I said don't talk to me about it.....I'm not the type to read science articles. Keep proving how you don't need to be taught to smarter than everybody about a subject you can just read an article and now you are qualified to look down 

Awfully hurt for someone who threw the first punch. You came in an arrogantly shot down what I said, and when I offered to verify it, you were too good to read it. 

You're projecting with all that "qualified to look down" stuff. When somebody's too smart to trust a Scientific American article, I don't know how they expect to be perceived. At least from my view point, it did not strike me as coming from an open minded, humble dude.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Awfully hurt for someone who threw the first punch. You came in an arrogantly shot down what I said, and when I offered to verify it, you were too good to read it. 

You're projecting with all that "qualified to look down" stuff. When somebody's too smart to trust a Scientific American article, I don't know how they expect to be perceived. At least from my view point, it did not strike me as coming from an open minded, humble dude.

Hurt? Lol. I'm laughing that you went on a tangent saying you contradicted everything I said and pointing out me mocking your comparitory virus and you literally didn't read me say anything of the sort.

And yeah pretend you didn't attempt to get personal with your little scientific magazine shot.

And you are still talking about theories but you went on record and said it was more than likely to.....That's different, but you sleeping at a motel 6, I'm sure you already know that right

And can we as a board grow up and stop saying somebody is hurt because somebody spoke to us that's even more obnoxious than the you mad bro stuff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I would only agree with this process if those that had the virus were tested to ensure they still show antibodies ( not a medical person so don’t know if I am stating that correctly). I understand they do this before utilizing in Plasma therapy for covid.

I’m pretty sure that if you have the antibodies they don’t go away.  The antibodies are markers for this specific virus.  They simply tell the right “attack cells” where to go and what to attack.  There were several reasons why the initial virus was so virulent, especially with the elderly (weakened immune systems due to age).  For others it was because our antibodies didn’t recognize it…so one’s body was late reacting or it over reacted by throwing everything at the virus including the kitchen sink (causing severe swelling, especially in the respiratory system).  The younger you are the stronger your immune system…this is why the virus has less of an effect on this demographic.

Bottom line: if you are in the high risk group, get the vaccine.  If you’ve had the virus, you’re probably in the clear.  If you haven’t had either, protect yourself.

1 minute ago, Warbird82 said:

I’m pretty sure that if you have the antibodies they don’t go away.  The antibodies are markers for this specific virus.  They simply tell the right “attack cells” where to go and what to attack.  There were several reasons why the initial virus was so virulent, especially with the elderly (weakened immune systems due to age).  For others it was because our antibodies didn’t recognize it…so one’s body was late reacting or it over reacted by throwing everything at the virus including the kitchen sink (causing severe swelling, especially in the respiratory system).  The younger you are the stronger your immune system…this is why the virus has less of an effect on this demographic.

Bottom line: if you are in the high risk group, get the vaccine.  If you’ve had the virus, you’re probably in the clear.  If you haven’t had either, protect yourself.

I’m certainly not in the know on this subject and am usually quoting something I heard on tv. Relative to the testing for antibodies came from the use of plasma from people that have survived the virus. The information I read was that anybody levels are tested before accepting donors. I (probably wrong) assumed if all have the antibodies, why test before accepting individuals as donors. That was my elementary logic.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

that is probably not true. aids is a virus and it mutates so often they cannot come up with a working vaccine to stop it. they can keep you alive but you best be hitting those meds and some still die.

You defeated your own argument…why do you think the drugs work on the mutated AIDS virus?  Maybe because it is less virulent than the original?  The mission of any virus is to spread…to propagate the species if you will.  If it mutates to a more virulent version it’s self-defeating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m certainly not in the know on this subject and am usually quoting something I heard on tv. Relative to the testing for antibodies came from the use of plasma from people that have survived the virus. The information I read was that anybody levels are tested before accepting donors. I (probably wrong) assumed if all have the antibodies, why test before accepting individuals as donors. That was my elementary logic.

That’s a legit question…if I’m not mistaken, each person who gets the virus has a unique reaction, for them.  What I mean is not everyone has the same level of antibodies in reaction to the virus.  If you are using the plasma of infected survivors, you want a high level of antibodies in the plasma since you are treating severely ill victims to supercharge their immune system…I mean really crank it up since they’re in real jeopardy of dying.  This is probably why they were screening donors.

5 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

That’s a legit question…if I’m not mistaken, each person who gets the virus has a unique reaction, for them.  What I mean is not everyone has the same level of antibodies in reaction to the virus.  If you are using the plasma of infected survivors, you want a high level of antibodies in the plasma since you are treating severely ill victims to supercharge their immune system…I mean really crank it up since they’re in real jeopardy of dying.  This is probably why they were screening donors.

Thx for that explanation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shabby said:

The 2% risk of death the reason why waiting is not prudent. I just because only 2% guy doesn't mean there aren't long-term effects from Catching cold in or idiot that such as having to be intubated in the Hospital. Imagine our coach spoke to the players just like you posted and that explains why we have a 60% vaccination rate. Imagine Nick Saban spoke differently and that's why they have a 90% vaccination rate

Article is from Nov 2020 and shows the death rate not taking into account co-morbidities.  The death rate in the 15-19 yo age group is .003%. or put another way, the survival rate is 99.997% in our players age brackets.https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/11/18/covid-infection-fatality-rates-sex-and-age-15163

2% guy would be in the 70-74 yo  range.  Again not taking into account for co-morbidities.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.49.34 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

but if someone carries from not getting the vaccine and they give it to another who dies what would you call it? careless? murder?bad luck? you should not be allowed to jeopardize anothers health unless you have proof of somekind the vaccine would do you harm. pass the biscuits warned everyone and i often wonder if someone got nasty with him about it.

500,000 people died from heart disease this past year. Hmmm, about the number of  deaths from Covid.  If you allowed someone to smoke, eat potato chips, eat french fries,  or some say even red meat, you are just as accountable.  How many times did you allow your neighbor to sit on the couch instead of exercising 3-4 times per week.  Obesity is an epidemic!

Let's force everyone to eat Tofu and Kale every meal and exercise.  It;s for the public good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

This thread has mutated

Our favorite poster came here just to argue 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Unfortunately, our hospitals and doctors can’t refuse  To treat all the unvaccinated dumbasses that stroll through the door and he upcoming variant waves are already starting to stress some Heath systems.

also there is a a correlation between the unvaccinated being less educated and poorer, so our Medicaid and Medicare system will be paying out a lot of Covid related expenses.

The name calling is kinda rude and disrespectful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Fifty the odds of a child dying from covid are astronomically low. It does happen, yes. But CDC says states report between just 0.00% and 0.03% of all children's covid results in death. The numbers are somewhere around choking deaths per year, I think. 

942576949_ScreenShot2021-07-23at8_34_44PM.thumb.png.e4ed94d97b28ce8f370265c7c5c95b43.png

• Like 2

Yeah, you don't seem like a guy that's big on science articles. 

Terrible and insulting comment that was completely unwarranted. 

You seem like a smart guy to me. But you use whatever intelligence you have to completely get lost in the weeds and make foolish arguments. You clearly have an agenda, as evidenced by your posts about that liberal author you care so much about. Don't expect anyone to want to read the articles you like when you act superior and narrow minded. 

Sure but I think people aren't realizing the ethical impacts those questions have.

"Would a kid that died in a car accident have died if we had banned driving altogether?". "Would that guy have died of a heart attack if we had banned fast food?" 

We tried this with alcohol prohibition. Responsible adults don't want to be treated like children for the sake of irresponsible adults. Authoritarian societies are born out of the thought of protecting people from themselves, and not trusting them with their liberty.

You're trying too hard with this. The ability to drive cars is a huge benefit to the world. Hell, alcohol can be too. Not taking a vaccine does not improve lives the way automotive transportation does. And you know there is no scenario where people taking a vaccine leads to banning cars or alcohol. 

Keep on with your Philosophy 101 exercises. Here in the real world, people are dying. 

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

Terrible and insulting comment that was completely unwarranted. 

You seem like a smart guy to me. But you use whatever intelligence you have to completely get lost in the weeds and make foolish arguments. You clearly have an agenda, as evidenced by your posts about that liberal author you care so much about. Don't expect anyone to want to read the articles you like when you act superior and narrow minded. 

So did you miss Cole's original comment or? I mean, if someone dishes it out, I expect them to take it. Cole does this a lot. He just likes to come in, insult somebody by being dismissive, or calling them racist, or inferring they know nothing, then I guess expect them to just take it? 

I suppose I should have taken the high road and just not responded. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So did you miss Cole's original comment or? I mean, if someone dishes it out, I expect them to take it. Cole does this a lot. He just likes to come in, insult somebody by being dismissive, or calling them racist, or inferring they know nothing, then I guess expect them to just take it? 

I suppose I should have taken the high road and just not responded. 

I might have. Haven't followed the threads today. But I'd be surprised if Cole said something to warrant your comment. 

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

You're trying too hard with this. The ability to drive cars is a huge benefit to the world. Hell, alcohol can be too. Not taking a vaccine does not improve lives the way automotive transportation does. And you know there is no scenario where people taking a vaccine leads to banning cars or alcohol. 

Keep on with your Philosophy 101 exercises. Here in the real world, people are dying. 

The ability to not die of mesothelioma years after working around asbestos is beneficial to society. 

We don't know what this vaccine will do in the long run. We just don't. I don't *think* it'll hurt me (as I took it), but I can't force anyone to take that risk if they don't think the same.

But ethics are ethics. Once they are normalized and adapted, things can change. The ethic on trial is forcing other adults do things against their will, in the (subjectively defined) interest of their best health.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cbo said:

Like, realistically, why WOULD it stop at vaccines? These are discussions that existed prior to covid. Should we ban cigarettes? Should we ban trans fats? For the sake of society, should we ban free speech if it's hurtful? Pertinent to this board most of all - should American football be banned due to growing CTE concerns?

These aren't easy issues or simple questions. And some things (like Meth) are clearly things that people SHOULDN'T be free to make their own judgment call on. 

But Nanny-states are real things, and America isn't too perfect to not fall into being one. 

Edited by AUght2win

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Article is from Nov 2020 and shows the death rate not taking into account co-morbidities.  The death rate in the 15-19 yo age group is .003%. or put another way, the survival rate is 99.997% in our players age brackets.https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/11/18/covid-infection-fatality-rates-sex-and-age-15163

2% guy would be in the 70-74 yo  range.  Again not taking into account for co-morbidities.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.49.34 PM.png

How well did this evidence work for NC State when they got sent home from the CWS?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

I might have. Haven't followed the threads today. But I'd be surprised if Cole said something to warrant your comment. 

Really? Dude called me stupid and I called him stupid right back. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

How well did this evidence work for NC State when they got sent home from the CWS?

The NCAA's views and rules doesn't mean they are right. It also seems like it's pressuring the kids to make a serious medical decision for the sake of playing. 

Some NFL players aren't happy with being put in that situation either. 

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1418310275241897985?s=20