WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

I wonder what folks would be saying  here if we had lost yesterday. I'm not ready to give up on Harsin but wish he was a little more active during the game. He shows little emotion and just seems to be there. Personally I like the kind of guy like the Ga. State coach when it comes to emotion. He was really into it with his players and they responded. But to each his own.  But right or wrong all this all this is going to be a negative for our FB program. Hope I'm wrong. Time will tell. 

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I wonder what folks would be saying  here if we had lost yesterday. I'm not ready to give up on Harsin but wish he was a little more active during the game. He shows little emotion and just seems to be there. Personally I like the kind of guy like the Ga. State coach when it comes to emotion. He was really into it with his players and they responded. But to each his own.  But right or wrong all this all this is going to be a negative for our FB program. Hope I'm wrong. Time will tell. we are a 5 point favorite to beat LSU. If we lose that one it's going to be a loooong season.

You know I might be wrong but it looks to me that they showed their coach during the game about 80 percent of the game? So I can’t really tell how Harsin is doing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcware said:

If you listened to Harsin’s presser he made it seem like he was about to start holding coaches accountable and maybe even a little micromanage 

He needs to! I hope his next visit is with Mason b/c we have way too much talent in the secondary to be getting shredded the way we are. 

Whether good or bad outcomes, at least Harsin has the balls to make moves happen. I respect that about him. I think he knows that we have talent and should be progressing more than what we are. I respect it!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Hot take from a BSU fan posted on another AU free board:

I’m a Boise State fan and I thought I’d post after seeing the news. Based off Harsin’s time in Boise, this isn’t normal for him. If anything, he could be accused of giving coaches too many chances.

That being said, I think this will be a very good move for Auburn. The wide receivers at Boise State flourished under Kiesau. He’s provided the best depth and development I’ve ever seen at the position. In the two seasons since he’s stepped away there’s been a noticeable drop off in talent at BSU. If anything, it was odd to me that Kiesau didn’t start off as a WR coach.

So this brings me back to my initial question why hire Corn then. This even more so sounds like there was a guy waiting in the wings. This is just how it seems to me.

2 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Coaching changes happen. Ron Middleton (TE/Special teams) and Major Applewhite (Off Coord) were on Saban's 1st staff in 2007. They were replaced in 2008 by Bobby Williams and Jim McElwain. If Saban has free reign to change coaches, then so does everyone else. Including Harsin. Just saying......But a quarter of the way into the season?......

Tubberville fired Tony Franklin mid season. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

hot take from a BSU fan posted on another AU free board:

I

I felt that with the Bobo hire especially (which I did/do not like) it was solely a timing issue and the need to have a coordinator familiar with the recruiting area.  After 4 games the WRs look just as bad as the last 10 years.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

we are a 5 point favorite to beat LSU

Lol no we aren't 

• Haha 1

I wish him and his family the best...hope he lands somewhere where he can continue his career...thanks for your time and effort here...

• Like 8

Just now, USATiger said:

All I know is a was damn glad to see Canion out there in the 4th.  Head scratcher as to why he hasn't played much

Lol. Because Harsin didn't want him in

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

I agree with you that things are not great right now, but goodness, get a grip. As negative as you make it sound, we should just forfeit the season and shut down the program. Why even travel to Baton Rouge this weekend

Really hoping for a win! Would love to start off the SEC season 1-0!!

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Comparing off season coaching changes to mid season firings of a position coach isn't really the same 

Yes I know. That's the reason for the "quarter season" qualifier at the end. A third of the way is more accurate. The timing is not normal.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Because Harsin didn't want him in

From the War Report and a few other places, Corn apparently had all control over the WR rotation and who plays.

• Like 2

According to Pro Football Focus, Kobe Hudson is the only Auburn football wide receiver with a receiving grade above 80.0, and every other wide receiver on the roster grades below 70.0 for the season. This unit has also struggled with drops and generating separation all season and has combined for 9 drops so far this year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, e808 said:

True but very rare during the season or this early in. Probably have a better chance of someone stepping down for health reasons. Just feel for the guy a lot was working against him and not much time to show improvement if coaching was the issue

Yeah, but maybe it's that they need improvement that's the issue?  

I'm giving Coach Harsin the benefit of doubt here.  Hopefully its justified.

• Like 1