Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Bingo.

I'm seeing the same posters who couldn't find a single fault when the last coach blew the game against teams like: the worst South Carolina team in forever, Minnesota, UCF, etc, etc. now ALL OF A SUDDEN demanding perfection in Year 1 of a rebuild with an obviously incomplete roster. Oh we beat LSU in their stadium for the first time in 21 years? Not good enough! We didn't blow them out or dominate for 4 quarters LOL. The same posters were happier than a pig in s*** when the last coach barely won the game on absolute fluke miracles. We absolutely controlled LSU and outcoached them.

For those that apparently all of a sudden don't find a 24-19 come from behind win at LSU impressive...let me remind you of a few recent games:

2018 game (in Auburn) vs LSU:

We were winning 21-10 in the 3rd quarter. Ended up losing the game 22-21 after LSU scored 9 points to our ZERO in the 4th. We were the higher ranked team going into this game.

2017 game at LSU:

We were up 17-0 in the first quarter, and were up 23-14 at halftime. Ended up losing the game 27-23 after LSU completely blanked us in the 2nd half. We scored zero points in the 2nd half and managed just 6 points after dropping 17 on them in the 1st quarter. One of the most mismanaged and poorly coached collapses you'll ever witness. Oh yeah, and we were the higher ranked team going into this game.

But please, continue to tell me how absolutely reprehensible it was for us to lose by 8-points against a Top 5 team (Penn State) on the road. In the 1st year of a complete overhaul on both sides of the ball.

Thank you and Btw Metafour I always enjoy reading your post. War Eagle!

This was a huge win y'all. Don't care how bad LSU may or may not be, that's huge. We had our backs against the wall all game and guys kept responding. Shows buy in is there. I thought the game plan was pretty good. Bobo gets too much hate. Execution has been a bigger issue than play calling. Not sure if Harsin decided to have more influence, but they adapted and let Bo be who he is. A lot that can be said. Handled the environment really well again. No false starts, etc. Seemed like receivers were lined up properly all game. We have a long way to go, but last night shows that Harsin knows what he's doing imo

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

AU-24 and Power of Dixieland have been given multiple day suspensions for their behavior here  tonight.  I warned several of you about this ongoing personal bickering crap a few days ago and I wasn't kidding.

Seriously, we're over it.  If someone drives you that crazy that you have to bog down every other thread with pages of potshots and arguing, put them on ignore and if that doesn't work and you just can't resist, leave.  Because if you don't figure out how to gain some self control over it, we'll handle it for you.

Thank you.

I bet on auburn to win straight up, a prop bet for auburn to win by leass then 6 and I bet the under of 56. Hit all three last night AND Auburn won. Great day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The credit for this win goes to Bo Nix.

Biggest question after the game....  What idiot thought it was a good idea to try for an onside kick coming out of halftime?

It was a great play call that was almost executed to perfection. I like it. Very aggressive and Harsin had faith in our defense. If it had been caught, you'd be singing how great of a call it was.

If you truly think trying to steal a possession is a bad idea then you need to get up to speed with the times.

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Again, you must not watch the play.  The  PSU game Hudson dropped the football.  How does that have anything to do with coaching?  And don’t say it was a bad play call because even if it was questionable, he dropped the football.  
last night, not sure about the name, but number 0 gave up on trying to recover it.  Look at his expression after it goes out of bounds.  

I have played the game and I have watched every play.  You don't make those calls for one reason and it has nothing to do with what actually happened.  You don't make those calls because the liklihood of something bad happening is greater than something positive.  The percentage of onside kicks that are successful is less than 10%.  That means that there is a 90% chance that you are handing the ball to the other team at midfield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you would probably want what i am smoking. i only get the good stuff.

Oh I got the good stuff too, chief😉

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

It was a great play call that was almost executed to perfection. I like it. Very aggressive and Harsin had faith in our defense. If it had been caught, you'd be singing how great of a call it was.

If you truly think trying to steal a possession is a bad idea then you need to get up to speed with the times.

Catch up with the times?  Onside kicks are more difficult to recover now than they were 10 years ago due to rule changes.  If you watched the first half, there was no need to have that much faith in our defense.  You certainly don't put them in a bad situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

The same idiot that just coached his team to the first win in BR since 1999.  BTW, your beloved coach couldn't even beat a 0-3 Navy team.

You don't know me at all.  I want Harsin to succeed.  I am just not nearly homer enough to pretend that the play call out of half was anything other than idiotic.  This board is so predictably childish.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I have played the game and I have watched every play.  You don't make those calls for one reason and it has nothing to do with what actually happened.  You don't make those calls because the liklihood of something bad happening is greater than something positive.  The percentage of onside kicks that are successful is less than 10%.  That means that there is a 90% chance that you are handing the ball to the other team at midfield.

A coach has to make those calls based on how he feels the team will respond no matter if they are successful or not.  Harsin must have had confidence in the adjustments CDM was making to make that call.  The defense responded by holding LSU to a FG.  If the try was successful, the way we ended the first half, we could have taken control of the game.

Looking back, in 2010 we were down 21-7 to UGA and started the 2nd half kick with a successful onside kick.  If you don’t remember, that game was the first game after Camgate and we were not playing up to our abilities.

In 2006, at South Carolina, Tubbs takes the first possession and drives for a TD that took up about 8 minutes of game time.  He followed that up with a successful onside kick and SC had 0 minutes of offense in the 3rd Qtr of that game.

Harsin, evidently is a gambler and coaches off of feelings.  JMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A coach has to make those calls based on how he feels the team will respond no matter if they are successful or not.  Harsin must have had confidence in the adjustments CDM was making to make that call.  The defense responded by holding LSU to a FG.  If the try was successful, the way we ended the first half, we could have taken control of the game.

Looking back, in 2010 we were down 21-7 to UGA and started the 2nd half kick with a successful onside kick.  If you don’t remember, that game was the first game after Camgate and we were not playing up to our abilities.

In 2006, at South Carolina, Tubbs takes the first possession and drives for a TD that took up about 8 minutes of game time.  He followed that up with a successful onside kick and SC had 0 minutes of offense in the 3rd Qtr of that game.

We won, therefore it isn't a big deal to most.  If we had not won, it would be discussed nonstop.  That is just the way it goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Why hold this staff to a standard that was ignored for 8+ years

Oof. Don't throw reality in their faces like that, they won't know how to handle it.

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

i mean everyone wanted to fire our entire staff last week?? Glad its them and not us this time around. 

Nah, everyone didn't want to to fire our entire staff last week. I strongly believe the reasonable posters and posters with actual playing/coaching experience in this century, did not want to fire the enemies staff last week.

The knee jerkers may have wanted to but that that isn't "everyone" 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

We won, therefore it isn't a big deal to most.  If we had not won, it would be discussed nonstop.  That is just the way it goes.

You’re right and I was feeling that way when it was 19-17 in the 4th.  Harsin, as most coaches, are not in the habit of publicly 2nd guessing themselves.  That’s what fans are for and we do a he!! Of a job.

Another coach. Another loss in Baton Rouge. Same ole, same ole........ But seriously, let's find SOME way. ANY way possible to diminish what took place last night. This new staff deserves ZERO credit. None. They have not achieved perfection. And they certainly don't deserve a honeymoon period. EVER. Deficient roster be damned. Let's also forget about the grit this team has showed. Let's also forget about the creative AND timely ways the RBs and TEs are being utilized to counter act the maximum effort being put into stopping the running game. Game plans that are bad at the start? I would much rather have a team that consistently FINISHES STRONG. That's grit. That's buy in. That's belief.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't even need to respond to this guy bc you just summed up my response for me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Another coach. Another loss in Baton Rouge. Same ole, same ole........ But seriously, let's find SOME way. ANY way possible to diminish what took place last night. This new staff deserves ZERO credit. None. They have not achieved perfection. And they certainly don't deserve a honeymoon period. EVER. Deficient roster be damned. Let's also forget about the grit this team has showed. Let's also forget about the creative AND timely ways the RBs and TEs are being utilized to counter act the maximum effort being put into stopping the running game. Game plans that are bad at the start? I would much rather have a team that consistently FINISHES STRONG. That's grit. That's buy in. That's belief.

You had me in the first half of that statement, my pitch fork was out... then a reasonable take and the pitchfork goes away.

44 minutes ago, Didba said:

Agree with your response. I also thought it was humorous that they (media) reported Stanford won their game  on back to back fade routes at the goal line against Oregon. 

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

No he actually called me out in the thread and kept at it. Even sent another thread my direction. That's not speaking his mind. I didn't have any issue until he mentioned me.. It's annoying and this is the first time for me. But he brought up something and dragged me into it because he feels he needs to be right all the time. 

The ignore feature is helpful.  After only being on this board for a few weeks it was clear I couldn't stand his shtick.  He's the lone member though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

The ignore feature is helpful.  After only being on this board for a few weeks it was clear I couldn't stand his shtick.  He's the lone member though.

I asked earlier on here.  How do you ignore someone??

Just now, Tony4AU said:

I asked earlier on here.  How do you ignore someone??

Schroll over someone's avi and a pop up window will appear and you'll see that option.  Or I'm sure somewhere in settings it's doable.