Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I also believe it will be interesting to see what happens when there is a high profile ‘violation’ of the NIL rules. Who will make that call, how will it be handled, and what if any punitive measures will be taken. I’m sure there are plans in place but it seems to be a steep learning curve for a while. 

I would imagine that the main thing is tampering and that the same mechanisms are in place for enforcement. Seems that, as you alluded to earlier, there are a lot of factors that aren't consistent state to state, conference to conference, or school to school. For example, there was talk that Auburn was a little behind because McGlynn was being a bit overzealouscautious. 

I have no idea, though, really. My main this is that I'm not going to get too worried about it until I see actual damage being done. We're not talking about a public safety issue here. In fact, we're talking about a business that has been shady and inherently unfair since before many of us were born. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Well, we need WRs

i was just going to post this. hell he did not even know he was off the team.we need to go after him hard cus the story says he was coming on. and what little i posted here is the whole story altho the writer said they will check back into it.

Now that AU's spring practice is over, it's time to turn attention to the transfer portal. After putting the walkon RB Sean Jackson on scholarship, we have, by my count, 7 slots left available to fill.

We also don't know how many more, if any, will leave the team. Any leaving won't increase the number of slots available but it will decrease the depth at whatever position.

Anybody know of some hot prospects that might be willing to jump to Auburn?

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Anybody know of some hot prospects that might be willing to jump to Auburn?

None

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

After putting the walkon RB Sean Jackson on scholarship, we have, by my count, 7 slots left available to fill.

Adding a walk on to scholarship shouldn't count against a class since he's been here for a season or more. I don't think we're anywhere near getting to 85

• Facepalm 1

Kids have to be in the portal by May 1st.  So we should see a flurry starting this week and next once everyone is wrapped up with spring.

UGA just had a 5* OT transfer but he's a Fla kid and probably going to Miami. 

Bama’s WR was booted so doubt Harsin would take him.

3OL. No explanation needed

1WR. Been beat out constantly by other schools. Need to grab someone 

1RB. We have nothing after our top 2. Jackson is situational at best and idk Imgram didn't look great

1DL - Need depth after our starters. Might be OK at Edge, but can never have too few

1DB - Same as edge

That's 7. Maybe BPA or an LB?

I'm highly skeptical we can actually find that many and convince them to come 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Kids have to be in the portal by May 1st.  So we should see a flurry starting this week and next once everyone is wrapped up with spring.

UGA just had a 5* OT transfer but he's a Fla kid and probably going to Miami. 

Bama’s WR was booted so doubt Harsin would take him.

3OL. No explanation needed

1WR. Been beat out constantly by other schools. Need to grab someone 

1RB. We have nothing after our top 2. Jackson is situational at best and idk Imgram didn't look great

1DL - Need depth after our starters. Might be OK at Edge, but can never have too few

1DB - Same as edge

That's 7. Maybe BPA or an LB?

I'm highly skeptical we can actually find that many and convince them to come 

I would be shocked if they don't take at least one EDGE. Our starters there are great, but we're only 3 deep and I'm pretty sure Schmedding said they like to rotate 5. We could move Joko Willis there I suppose. Maybe even Cam Riley

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

Justin Powell 

He's busy riding the pine for Rick Barnes😆.... in all seriousness though they had Gordon at ILB yesterday. Looks like he's bulked up. Looked damn good out there though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

He's busy riding the pine for Rick Barnes😆.... in all seriousness though they had Gordon at ILB yesterday. Looks like he's bulked up. Looked damn good out there though

😝, oops-Powell Gordon 

Edited by toddc

As mentioned above, 2 Georgia 5* OLs officially hit the portal today, Mims and Webb.

• Amarius Mims

Amarius Mims 0.9956, 5 Star, OT

Georgia
  • Clay Webb

Clay Webb 0.9877, 5 Star, IOL

Georgia

There is also a 4 Star Edge from Arkansas who went in the portal on 4/6.

Mataio Soli

Mataio Soli 0.8967, 4 Star, EDGE

Arkansas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What rule are u referring to?

Intra SEC transfers have to be in the portal by Feb 1st or they have to sit out a year. 

40 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

As mentioned above, 2 Georgia 5* OLs officially hit the portal today, Mims and Webb.

• Amarius Mims

Georgia
  • Clay Webb

Georgia

Mataio Soli

Arkansas

Mims was one of a very long line of recruits we finished 2nd for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Mims was one of a very long line of recruits we finished 2nd for.

Webb too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

• Amarius Mims

Georgia
  • Clay Webb

Georgia

Mataio Soli

Arkansas

Most I've seen seem to think Mims is all Cristobal. Webb would make so much sense and would pretty much have a guaranteed starting spot next year at center, but that rule probably screws us. Probably thinks he can plug in somewhere this fall. Would be huge though

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Intra SEC transfers have to be in the portal by Feb 1st or they have to sit out a year. 

Thanks, didn't realize that. Guess we won't get Mims then

I would give a kidney to land Mims and Webb. Two 5* OL that we heavily recruited the first time around - It’s like all this stuff seems to be working out perfectly… until they go somewhere else. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

But neither can come to AU without sitting a year.. correct?

Great way to build next year's line. Learn a year, get acclimated, start and dominate

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Great way to build next year's line. Learn a year, get acclimated, start and dominate

It would be really nice. But I'd imagine both assume they can start now. Would be one helluva sales job.

Webb us kinda a weirdo and has some sketchy HS drama

Edited by W.E.D