Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

10 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

If you get hired as a sales executive and you’re given 45 days to make up for a year of being terribly behind would you be considered at fault when the numbers come up grossly short?

Considering that three of the four 4* players signed in the class of '21 were committed to the previous staff, I don't see where there was any improvement at all between the early and late signees last cycle. They added numbers, which was going to raise the ranking no matter who brought them in.

I may not make up for a full year, but if given the task I do believe I'd improve it. That didn't happen in the case of Auburn's 2020 recruiting.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Considering that three of the four 4* players signed in the class of '21 were committed to the previous staff, I don't see where there was any improvement at all between the early and late signees last cycle. They added numbers, which was going to raise the ranking no matter who brought them in.

I may not make up for a full year, but if given the task I do believe I'd improve it. That didn't happen in the case of Auburn's 2020 recruiting.

You’re not answering the question. Seems that everyone but you has admitted that Gus recruited oline for 4 years that was basically middle of the road for a mid major talent wise. 

Just now, JMassie11 said:

You’re not answering the question. Seems that everyone but you has admitted that Gus recruited oline for 4 years that was basically middle of the road for a mid major talent wise. 

There was criticism, as follows: "Gus recruited the big dogs exclusively and when they went elsewhere he didn't have another 4 or 5* backup waiting in the wings."

Lets say that was true. Gus recruited the big dogs, lost out and ended up signing only a few 4* guys, some 3* and a couple of top-level JUCO players. Is Harsin even recruiting the big dogs? Is he recruiting much of anybody at the O-line positions? If there are to be results in that area they certainly aren't visible at this point in time.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

There was criticism, as follows: "Gus recruited the big dogs exclusively and when they went elsewhere he didn't have another 4 or 5* backup waiting in the wings."

Lets say that was true. Gus recruited the big dogs, lost out and ended up signing only a few 4* guys, some 3* and a couple of top-level JUCO players. Is Harsin even recruiting the big dogs? Is he recruiting much of anybody at the O-line positions? If there are to be results in that area they certainly aren't visible at this point in time.

I don't know if you watched the Auburn basketball game last night, but there was an interesting observation made by the announcers. Will Wade, LSU's head coach, started recruiting Jabari Smith Jr., whose father played collegiately for LSU, midway through his sophomore year in high school. 

Bruce Pearl had already been recruiting him for a year and a half at that point. Have you happened to notice which team he plays for?

Recruiting is all about relationships. Yes, there are some studs who can be wowed by a new staff and decide to come on board even though they didn't start recruiting him until two years after everybody else did, but they are few and far between. It's possible that one or two blue chip OL that we could have gotten slipped through, but given that it happens less often than you admit to being wrong, I'd consider it highly doubtful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

*signed one 4* and exclusively mid major talented 3* kids. The juco was bc he struck out with everyone else. Man you’re all over the place with this one. 

• Like 2

Looks like Mickey is debating someone in every thread. Good thing for him it’s the same thoughts in every thread or he would get lost.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Looks like Mickey is debating someone in every thread. Good thing for him it’s the same thoughts in every thread or he would get lost.

He’s lost in his own debate

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Interesting.

• Haha 2

Super Mario recruited some good OL particularly last year. Jayson Jones should reach out to the good ones and get them to flip to AU. Would be ironic if Bo goes to UO, and we steal his line.

Edited by SeattleTiger86
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

*signed one 4* and exclusively mid major talented 3* kids. The juco was bc he struck out with everyone else. Man you’re all over the place with this one. 

Brahms and Troxell were 4* prospects. There are more, but I'd want to look all that up before naming them. The TWO juco OT's were recruited by many schools besides Auburn. They were not Holla' Back type of recruits.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Brahms and Troxell were 4* prospects. There are more, but I'd want to look all that up before naming them. The TWO juco OT's were recruited by many schools besides Auburn. They were not Holla' Back type of recruits.

Two JUCO tackles: One from Germany with one year of high school football, and one who weighed 265 pounds. JUCO ratings  aside, does that sound SEC ready to you?

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Both were also part of the 2017 class so once again your argument is irrelevant. Original post from me was clearly speaking on 2018-2021 classes.

11 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Both were also part of the 2017 class so once again your argument is irrelevant. Original post from me was clearly speaking on 2018-2021 classes.

He doesn't care

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 6:46 AM, Hank2020 said:

I had to block him because he went off on me because someone mentioned Gus and I chimed in.... Yet here we are 😆. I agreed with the linebacker recruiting, wish we could return to that, this a bridge too far and unfortunately one he's willing to die on.... It's only forums right. 😆

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone heard about us having a big Portal visit weekend coming up??  I've seen it posted on a few sites, but no real detail.  It should be the last weekend kids can visit before enrolling 

8 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I'd have to imagine he's gonna follow his coach