Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ha.  Nailed it.  Our fanbase, man.  Jeez.

Seems to line up well with the "I don't watch any college football" topic from the football board.

LSU is a disaster.  he completed 57% of his passes that game.  That's not "good".

Not to s*** on ourselves...but we had one of the worst pass defenses in the country last year.  Nearly every QB had career days vs us.  At home he threw for 0 TDs and 51% of his passes

You still haven't addressed the fact that He still played well against a top defensive team. Finley didn't beat Alabama and didn't post good numbers at all while he was the starter, and that includes him getting all the reps for SC, Alabama and the bowl game. 

I never said Calzada is the QB we need. I really wanted someone better. But at the end of the day he's a better QB that Finley. 

LSU is a dumpster fire who still found a way to beat TaM, and lose to Alabama by 6 and in OT to ARK all high bowl teams. They still were a tough opponent for anyone. 

But discount his plusses when they are staring you right in your face.

You better get used to it, bc Harsin if this is the best he can get is going to give him every chance to be the starter. 

Edited by steeleagle

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Just hearing some positives signs at the moment. This could take time or be a short process. We shall see

660723EF-B33A-4829-B515-39FCD7BC930E.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This could take time or be a short process. We shall see

Big if true. 

Thanks for that white hot inside info, Golfstradamus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This could take time or be a short process. We shall see

This has got to be the most Jboy like post I’ve heard all day. Way to not commit, Golf! Guess you’ll never be wrong with info like this!😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t think he is good. I think he is average. But I think TJ is well below average. I heard someone on another site say it is like choosing between diarrhea and vomiting. 
The quarterback that we lost to Oregon is better than either of these guys. But it is what it is. We are in this predicament because Gus could not recruit quarterbacks. We were forced to bring in TJ last year as a back up plan just to have ANYONE. That is all he is, a back up. DD must not be ready (as he did not play one snap). Then there is a true freshman.

Frankly we are in a world of hurt. I wonder how many other teams in the SEC have a QB and OL roster like ours. 

Neither need to be our starters next year.  But I'll take the QB that is a year younger, in a new system vs same system for 3 years, and put up nearly identical stats on a much much much worse team.

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You still haven't addressed the fact that He still played well against a top defensive team.

One single game.  Every other game was terrible.  There is a trend, and that trend isn't what he did vs Bama.

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You better get used to it, bc Harsin if this is the best he can get is going to give him every chance to be the starter. 

And if this is the best we can get, we're going to be staring at the hottest coaching seat in the SEC going into the 23 season

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just hearing some positives signs at the moment. This could take time or be a short process. We shall see

Can u be more specific as to what your referring? A certain portal QB or ?

33 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You still haven't addressed the fact that He still played well against a top defensive team. Finley didn't beat Alabama and didn't post good numbers at all while he was the starter, and that includes him getting all the reps for SC, Alabama and the bowl game. 

I never said Calzada is the QB we need. I really wanted someone better. But at the end of the day he's a better QB that Finley. 

LSU is a dumpster fire who still found a way to beat TaM, and lose to Alabama by 6 and in OT to ARK all high bowl teams. They still were a tough opponent for anyone. 

But discount his plusses when they are staring you right in your face.

It almost feels like you guys are arguing two different points. 

Steele: Calzada is better than Finley. This is true.

WED: Calzada is definitely not an upgrade at QB from last year (Nix), and we reeeeally need an upgrade at QB to be a better team. This is also true.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One single game.  Every other game was terrible.  There is a trend, and that trend isn't what he did vs Bama.

And if this is the best we can get, we're going to be staring at the hottest coaching seat in the SEC going into the 23 season

And all those top QB transfers still out there.....who is going to look at our OL and now what we have left at WR and decide Auburn is the best place to get him ready for the NFL?

I am just being real here. It's not Harsin's fault for now, but what is still part of the transition from Gus' offensive players and the ones Harsin better bring in with recruiting.

ZThat's probably why Auburn, according to reports has decided to offer big boy NIL deals to give them any edge to bring in one of those top tier QBs.  That could be the only reason we get a CW or Gabriel, or any of the better transfer QBs out there...

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

CW if you want more send me $$$$$$$$

HA HA.. I'm new to the board.. Haven't figured out all the secret code words yet.. But I want to learn

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Just chatter from this thread.   Some pretty well connected people saying we're offering a nice sum of NIL $ to Caleb.   From what I understand, the referenced NIL is specifically for Caleb.  

Also, AU is working on a NIL platform across the board for all of our athletes, so that every AU athlete will be able to get some NIL $.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

HA HA.. I'm new to the board.. Haven't figured out all the secret code words yet.. But I want to learn

Welcome to AUF like I said before send me $$$$ and I'll give you all the codes....also pay no attention to a guy called bigbird he lies about everything trust me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Welcome to AUF like I said before send me $$$$ and I'll give you all the codes....also pay no attention to a guy called bigbird he lies about everything trust me

I can see why with a name like that

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

All I’m saying is, if we land CW I have a feeling the WR and OL rooms will fall into place.

You’d be correct 

• Like 2