Brentson Buckner Targetted by AU for DLine Coach

Didba

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Hoping this will bring him to Auburn now.  We need to stop some bleeding on D line departures. 

Is their OL coach available also?  Asking for friends.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Any word? 

I hope Harsin was on his doorstep handing him his paper as he walked out the door. 

26 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Any word? 

I hope Harsin was on his doorstep handing him his paper as he walked out the door. 

I keep refreshing, hoping to see some news too!

Oh, sorry. ;)

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Like 1

The Cardinals loss lady night to the Rams means Arizona's season is over which means we wouldn't have to wait on Zona's season to end which makes him fair game, right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

The Cardinals loss lady night to the Rams means Arizona's season is over which means we wouldn't have to wait on Zona's season to end which makes him fair game, right?

Yes.  He's either the coach soon or wasn't ever interested.

I am assuming since season just ended. he wants to think on it for a couple days before making final decision. All his attention till now has been on the Cardinals.

17 hours ago, nurbis said:

Why Friday?

Just gathering tidbits from around the web...this one's from J. Lee.  Tate says Pittsburg DL coach Dunbar is in the pic.  I'm not familiar with him.

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Just gathering tidbits from around the web...this one's from J. Lee.  Tate says Pittsburg DL coach Dunbar is in the pic.  I'm not familiar with him.

Dunbar is 54 years old. Played at LSU. Has coached for Bills, Jets and a couple more nfl teams before becoming defensive line coach for Pittsburgh 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This would be a great hire

35 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, provibe said:

Dunbar is 54 years old. Played at LSU. Has coached for Bills, Jets and a couple more nfl teams before becoming defensive line coach for Pittsburgh 

He also coached at bammer under Saban for two years he has some good recruiting ties and tons of experience . This might happen....Tomlin is going to have to make some changes to his coaching staff to save grace even though they made playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He also coached at bammer under Saban for two years he has some good recruiting ties and tons of experience . This might happen....Tomlin is going to have to make some changes to his coaching staff to save grace even though they made playoffs.

Yes. Tomlin is 4-15 in the playoffs. The heat is starting to build. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Yes. Tomlin is 4-15 in the playoffs. The heat is starting to build. 

8-9 per his wiki but he does have 6 first round losses and 5 seasons not even making the playoffs. He has been the HC there for 15 years which is an eternity in the NFL. Surprised he has made it that long without some major hot seat talk. 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Pittsburg Steelers coach, obviously, but I would also be fine with Pitt's DL coach.

Karl Dunbar had a brief stint under dink at uat, which is his only experience in college coaching.  Very good coach, but if memory serves, he didn't impress as a recruiter (not at uat levels, anyway) and they paired him with Tosh Lupoi to make up the difference.

For what it's worth, Charlie Partridge is the AHC/DL coach at Pitt.  Good mix of college and pro experience.  Reputation as very strong coach and recruiter.  Has been a HC before (FAU before Kiffin) and has also coordinated special teams.

WDE!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nurbis said:

8-9 per his wiki but he does have 6 first round losses and 5 seasons not even making the playoffs. He has been the HC there for 15 years which is an eternity in the NFL. Surprised he has made it that long without some major hot seat talk. 

Yeah, they take a lot of pride in how long their coaches' tenures last, but all good things must come to an end. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, they take a lot of pride in how long their coaches' tenures last, but all good things must come to an end. 

It's definitely unique in professional sports. I think the last time they fired a coach was in the late 60's.

WDE!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That would be very surprising unless Pittsburg is firing him as he makes almost 2 mil/year now.

No. He is a valuable DL coach for Steelers. I follow them very closely.

Dunbar has been there 3 years now, which is a good stint for an NL position coach these days.

He knows the 3-4 which is what Steelers always use and Mason does too.

He lost both his 2 starting DTs this year, and made it work. As a matter of fact he brought in an Ex AU DL player, Montravius Adams, and he played very well for them.

Dunbar's weakness, is he's been in the NFL for so long, but really no experience recruiting.  He will be an unknown in those areas.

Although Eason was pretty much the same with no recruiting experience. It probably depends on how he relates to HS kids.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

That would be very surprising unless Pittsburg is firing him as he makes almost 2 mil/year now.

Where did you get that number from?  That seems absurdly high for an NFL position coach.  He wasn't even making 300k at Alabama 

Edited by W.E.D