Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

18 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Lots of folks are all about Harsin getting “his guys”, so let’s just roll with it. When an appropriate time has passed we will either be winning or looking for a new HC. 

Pretty much sums it up IMO

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I have to imagine that Bobo and Mason were a compromise between the PTB and AD Greene not picking their guy.

After all, isn't it suspicious that Harsin hires the OC who was on Steele's short list to be OC? And then going out and getting the best former DC/newly fired HC available?

I'm with you. Harsin needs to be able to fail or succeed on his own terms. It's one of the reasons I stuck in Malzahn's corner for so long, and it wasn't even so much his record that killed my support. I just long for a day when Auburn's power brokers stop dabbling in things they know nothing about.

I do not believe for a singular second that Harsin has been forced to do anything by the PTB. It makes no sense.

Greene completely defied the PTB, showing he wasn't afraid or beholden to them at all. So if they couldn't influence the HC decision, how could they influence the HC's staffing decisions? And why would a guy who is *CLEARLY* my way or the highway like Harsin even come here if he knew he'd be hamstringed?

No, from all accounts, CBH is the most no-strings-attach coach Auburn has had in a long time. The PTB essentially washed their hands of Greene after the move and said "fine, if you want your guy, you'll sink or swim by him". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

My understanding is that Mason is NOT leaving, and he has flatly denied the rumors.    I was not high on his performance this year, particularly the Mississippi State game, but I am 100% convinced he is different than many coaches and would not be dishonest about "looking around."   

I mean, we've hired 2 new coaches when we only had 1 opening.  He's gone

11 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

@Timbeaux38 and @GrizzlyAdamms new donors today as well.  THANK YOU all ... your support really really matters.

I deserve a cut of this.  I am thinking of a NIL deal or something.  If you are willing to make a bikini with AUFamily printed on it I will wear that too for the right amount of money.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I deserve a cut of this.  I am thinking of a NIL deal or something.  If you are willing to make a bikini with AUFamily printed on it I will wear that too for the right amount of money.

We're going to have to come up with a new status and perks for donors WHO RECRUIT OTHER donors! :)

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Can u elaborate on who was doing the IG story. Which Players? I've heard bits and pieces and tried to find the scoop

The insta stories looked bad for the players, not the coaches, I don't understand why people keep repeating the stuff about the insta stories like its solid, concrete evidence against the current staff. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

giphy_4dc6ff6d6d704180150db5de052e7217.gif.7ee07447bff84b0cc68df222cc22f590.gif

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

image.gifBoise Boys Unite!  Power of Potato!

SupermanPH.jpg

• Haha 1

Coach Harsin's staff turnover and lack of OL/WR recruiting is distracting me from perhaps the best basketball season in AU history and an amazing start to the NCAA gymnastics season with an Olympic gold medalist on the squad. I would like for him and the potato gang to be boring for a while. Like Subarus and flannels kind of boring. Stop making the news. Big meet tonight, biggest game in AU Arena history tomorrow, and Gymnastics Iron Bowl next week! LFG

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This staff has played close to the vest and been careful with communications. Yet the info about the new DC is out before Mason is officially gone. That just seems odd to me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I do not believe for a singular second that Harsin has been forced to do anything by the PTB. It makes no sense.

Greene completely defied the PTB, showing he wasn't afraid or beholden to them at all. So if they couldn't influence the HC decision, how could they influence the HC's staffing decisions? And why would a guy who is *CLEARLY* my way or the highway like Harsin even come here if he knew he'd be hamstringed?

No, from all accounts, CBH is the most no-strings-attach coach Auburn has had in a long time. The PTB essentially washed their hands of Greene after the move and said "fine, if you want your guy, you'll sink or swim by him". 

also it was said green was gone and what happened with that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

also it was said green was gone and what happened with that?

Ticking Clock GIFs | Tenor

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, cbo said:

This staff has played close to the vest and been careful with communications. Yet the info about the new DC is out before Mason is officially gone. That just seems odd to me. 

Yep,  yep, yep. Seems very odd to me also

• Like 1

Question for....well anyone...With Shmedding being promoted to DC, do we expect to run the same type of Defense? I don't know what he ran at BSU. 3-4? 4-3? 1-1-9? lol. I know we have brought in a lot of bodies for a base 3-4 and more zone coverage type of DBs so I hope we keep it the same for the time being.

11 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I'd hate to be your computer security software.

I need to keep my compliance department on their toes

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Question for....well anyone...With Shmedding being promoted to DC, do we expect to run the same type of Defense? I don't know what he ran at BSU. 3-4? 4-3? 1-1-9? lol. I know we have brought in a lot of bodies for a base 3-4 and more zone coverage type of DBs so I hope we keep it the same for the time being.

Box and 1

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Kinda surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.  I for one hope we go away from heavy zone concepts 

• Like 2

i understand being too much of a hard ass is not a great look for any coach. i imagine players need that but if it is not fun  some of the time there is no balance.too much pressure hurts a lot of players. look at bama. bear was a hardass but his players got to watch the comedy show the day after a game and watch him get toasted and forget players names...........is it possible i am right on this? and for the record i used to watch bear and stedman i think it was trying to keep bear straight on the show. bear should have had a bottle of booze with those cokes and lays he kept in front of him.

I keep hearing rumors that Schmed called the D for the Iron Bowl.  It did seem different and more aggressive than previous games but I don’t know enough X’s and O’s to make a qualified assessment.