Men vs Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Ok. We are lucky to only be down four. We  (primarily Kess and Flan) had to work for it. Jabari and Green need to wake it up at half and come back to lead the second. 

• Like 3

We are lucky it’s only 4. Auburn is beating Auburn badly. Sloppy, sloppy. We look completely overwhelmed to say the least. Vast majority of UKs points coming off very stupid TOs on our part. Jabari got to play more time. Love Flan buts he’d got the ball in his hands too much for us to win this game. 

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

Ok. We are lucky to only be down four. We  (primarily Kess and Flan) had to work for it. Jabari and Green need to wake it up at half and come back to lead the second. 

Nailed it . UK has neutralized them both. AU has to get creative in getting folks open. Feed Kessler 

13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This brings me back to why I hate the flan running the point so to speak. Terrible shot 

I think they may be trying to give Green some rest and feel better with Flan than Zep.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Kessler is better than Oscar!!!

If our guys settle down and play their game, they will come back and win this game in the 2nd half!

Yep. We did rebound well the second part of the half especially. KY gotta be worried. We can take them.

Just now, Grumps said:

I think they may be trying to give Green some rest and feel better with Flan than Zep.

and that. would be the correct assertion based on the game to this point. Wheeler has Zep stuck from 3/4 quarters of the court. Flan is having a easier job getting things initiated than either, but esp Zep.

(Now, just because you create opportunities doesn't necessarily mean you're able to take advantage of them) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Flan just looks great one second, then the next, he's air balling it somewhere. Not there yet. He's doing good driving and dishing tho

Edited by boisnumber1

Turnovers are killing us. Lazy telegraphed passes, bounce passes 3 feet out to a 6'11" guy, small guards dribbling into a crowd in the paint, big guys trying to dribble like a guard in the back court. Got to clean it up.

• Like 1

Has TyTy come back into the game yet?

4 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Flan is one of the only guys that can hold up to the pressure. It’s gotta be either he or Green. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rednilla said:

Has TyTy come back into the game yet?

Not yet.

There was a short period where we drove the lane and drew a couple of quick fouls. We need to start the second that way and see if we can get a guy or two in foul trouble. Who’s that guy, KD?  Green maybe, but he looks shakey with the ball today. 

• Like 1

Kentucky is very good both defensively, and offensively with their one on one matchups. This is a tough game. Going to take all we have! Looking for Bruce to make some adjustments

• Like 2

We are a young team who played poorly while taking the best shot from UK in the first half and we are down by four. I'd love to be up by fifteen, but that is not realistic. I have to believe that we will play better in the second half and if we do we win. We know how UK is attacking Jabari and I think we will have a plan for him to get more shots or get quick assists in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Turnovers are killing us. Lazy telegraphed passes, bounce passes 3 feet out to a 6'11" guy, small guards dribbling into a crowd in the paint, big guys trying to dribble like a guard in the back court. Got to clean it up.

This is killing us too. Sometimes they try to do too much. Whole team needs to relax. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I wouldn't call it all that. They've got like 10 more FG attempts than we do right now and we're only down 8. We're fine. If anything we need better guard play and set up our offense. 

Yeah, maybe I'm over reacting.  Kessler seems to be playing their center well.  Jabari is hitting shots.  Jaylin Williams has shown up.

The two most glaring deficiencies to me are (1) Too many turnovers, not enough steals. (2) Wendell Green is playing out of control.

BP will fix those at halftime, I hope.

I was just hoping we would control this game from end to end.  That hasn't happened.

The presence or absence of Tyty in the 2nd half will be very important. Without him we should tire out their guards and be strong late in the game. Green has to stay out of foul trouble.

• Like 2