Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hope it's not true. But if it is , it will make what's happened so far seem like a blip on the radar

Hoping someone in the know can shoot this down or at least let us know if it has wings 

Cole just waiting for hours, letting this thread marinade for a bit, ready to drop that I told you so

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Taco said:

Well. Hopefully the rumors aren’t true cause if they are. Harsin may not have any more players to “cull” off the program lol

What rumors ?? Damn Taco 

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

If u know something…speak up. 

Well... rumor  to be transfer portal related. I don't know if it's the number players going to the portal or WHO is going to the portal is the question. Could all be a nothing burger, but it's out there. 

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What rumors ?? Damn Taco 

You can easily find rumblings online. I’m not spreading anything unless it becomes real. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Cole just waiting for hours, letting this thread marinade for a bit, ready to drop that I told you so

I think he’s got every right to at this point. 

1 minute ago, Taco said:

You can easily find rumblings online. I’m not spreading anything unless it becomes real. 

PM me or tell me where . So I can get banned lol 

55 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Anyone hearing more bad news coming, something else about to drop.

A friend of mine has a son at Auburn who is very involved down there. The smoke going around Auburn is that Harsin is leaving. Mods, please feel free to delete if necessary, just relaying what is being said right now on campus.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

The point wasn’t to say how Mario/Napier would have worked out. The point was Harsin was a complete unknown to everyone and wasn’t on anyone’s hiring radar.

He basically was the fat girl at 2AM. Apologies to @augolf1716 for opening old wounds. 

Define fat

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

A friend of mine has a son at Auburn who is very involved down there. The smoke going around Auburn is that Harsin is leaving. Mods, please feel free to delete if necessary, just relaying what is being said right now on campus.

Lol he's going to resign and give up his buyout? Only way that would make sense if he's going to be an NFL OC. *Edit to add you may be kidding and I missed it lol

Edited by au302

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Reading all this thread it seems that it sure would have helped things if Harsin or our SID had issued a PR yesterday saying Davis was leaving and why. Would have cutout a lot of rumor and negative garbage.

Except there's no way Harsin or AU or anybody would have detailed the reasons why Davis was leaving. That's just not how it works. 

I do think Harsin should have been ahead of this with an announcement before Davis missed Junior Day and the rumors started flying. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

One thing for absolute certain. Harsin is doing it his way. Non negotiable 

His way is to start the season with a bunch of freshman that he recruited I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Looks like it's headed that way

Dude we thought Gus was bad. This is a f’ing nightmare. Say what you will about the last group. I wanted them gone too. But it NEVER got like this. This guy is going to make us long for 8 win seasons, if things keep moving at this route. Holy crap!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude we thought Gus was bad. This is a f’ing nightmare. Say what you will about the last group. I wanted them gone too. But it NEVER got like this. This guy is going to make us long for 8 win seasons, if things keep moving at this route. Holy crap!

True. Gus needed to go. He had got stale.. Bad part of all this is we gotta wait 7 months for the season to start to hope for any relief from all this 

I anticipated players leaving with a culture change.  Never thought coaches he brings in to move on like a turnstile.  I remember being so proud of the opening of the season last year with how tough we were and the encouraging effort.  So the coaching was a bit refreshing early on.  We had a list of injuries and coaching inconsistencies with the grind of the SEC season.  And a disappointing finish.  The offseason just wanted some stabilization, understanding that the portal and draft would make the roster turnover interesting.  But this is just beating me down with the constant uncertainty 2 freaking days from final signing day.  Just announce a damn coaching staff or a press conference or something regarding the recent issues and turn the preverbial corner to spring ball and let's start building to something.  

Sorry for the rant .. didn't start out that way lol. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cbo said:

Except there's no way Harsin or AU or anybody would have detailed the reasons why Davis was leaving. That's just not how it works. ---they could have released a statement saying just what Davis said today.

I do think Harsin should have been ahead of this with an announcement before Davis missed Junior Day and the rumors started flying. --I agree but I don't understand the difference between your two comments except for timing maybe.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Timing was the entire point. That's important here. 

The statement today told us zero about why Davis is leaving. 

47 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. 

In other news, NFL insider Adam Schefter reports Tom Brady WILL retire.  But hold tight, not true and Brady explains it all. I am not even a Tom Brady fan but there is a lot of truth to what he says. Whether he retires or not, he basically is saying Adam Shefter is an a**hole and doesn’t know s***. 

Brady was asked if he was surprised about reports and said: "It's always a good line that I'm responsible for what I say and do, and not responsible for what others say or do. I think one thing I've learned about sports is that you control what you can control, and what you can't, you leave to others. We're in such an era of information and people want to be in front of the news often and I totally understand that. I understand that's the environment we're in. But I think for me, it's literally day to day with me. I'm just trying to do the best I can every day, evaluate things as they come, and I'm trying to make a great decision for me and my family."Asked if he felt anything overstepped bounds, he added: "No ... It's not for me to control those things. There were some very important games going on the weekend, and I know how hard those players work to prepare for that. I was actually a little bit disappointed that would ... play some part of what's going on in NFL football, which to me has been such an amazing sport. The focus should be on those great games. I was trying to enjoy a nice weekend. It didn't quite turn out that way because my phone got really busy, but that's just part of being in the situation I'm in."