Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

21 minutes ago, jknighton said:

It was a Georgia High School coaches banquet that was honoring coaches. It was before the vacation and he sent Etheridge. Not a good look, but thought I would separate fact from fiction.

Screenshot_20220210-213813_Twitter.jpg

FWIW the AD at Arkansas St came out and declared this totally false, and said he had no idea where Sallee got his info, but it was not true. Full disclosure, I like Barrett and don't believe he intentionally lied, but the AD in question said he could have cleared this all up if he had been asked about it. Trying to be first, I guess.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I want to take a minute and apologize for "guaranteeing" that Bryan Harsin would be fired wednesday evening. I have 2 sources that I fully trust about certain happenings around Auburn football. One is my father-in-law and the other is a head coach at a high school in lower Alabama. He was a roommate of mine in college. Anyway, both said Harsin won't be our head coach next season. One of the 2 told me he would be fired when he arrived back from Mexico because he was to meet with General Burgess and President Gouge. Interestingly, he never mentioned Allen Greene would meet with Harsin. 

Certain boosters her have NEVER liked Harsin. Apparently, they felt if they put rumors out about him and the media could help fuel it, they figured Harsin would resign and not try to buck up to them. In short, they were bullying Harsin and figured he wouldn't fight back because most in the past never fought back. Well, Harsin bucked up to them and got Russ Campbell involved. Whether it's just Harsin's personality to fight back or if he is just a midwesterner that doesn't know most coaches cower to the money boosters here at Auburn, either way he stood up to them and I guess they're at a standstill. 

I asked "if the PTB doesn't want Harsin here, why not just fire him and eat the $18 million buyout." I was then told that they are worried about how terrible they would look firing a coach after 1 year just because they don't like him. So that's when the PTB decided on putting rumors out that would hopefully get him to be fired with cause. They will end up biting the bullet and paying him the entire buyout and Auburn will look even worse than before because it will show that Jetgate and other mess the PTB has pulled in years past never taught them a lesson.

Bottomline is SOME of our PTB and board members have bullied coaches and others through the years and always won that battle just because they have money and influence. Now they have bullied a coach who has a set on him and who won't just cower to them and the boosters are stunned by it. Sorry that I guaranteed his firing yesterday but from what I was told, it was gonna happen until the lawyers got involved and Coach stood his ground. I'm told it will still happen but with a full buyout and egg on our PTB's faces. 

WDE

I mean this stuff is all fluid, and unless you are the AU President himself, you can’t guarantee anything. 

People can post what they think, are hearing, etc but in reality those things can change rapidly.

I will tell you the insiders on the donor board put a lot of things out well before they exploded and have been pretty good about managing this rollercoaster. 

No one will know until we know. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

FWIW the AD at Arkansas St came out and declared this totally false, and said he had no idea where Sallee got his info, but it was not true. Full disclosure, I like Barrett and don't believe he intentionally lied, but the AD in question said he could have cleared this all up if he had been asked about it. Trying to be first, I guess.

Yeah I took a screenshot of the Twitter interaction between Mohajir and Sallee. Barrett's an AU alum, so he's got that going for him lol. Respect to Mohajir, he didn't have to step in and say anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I want to take a minute and apologize for "guaranteeing" that Bryan Harsin would be fired wednesday evening. I have 2 sources that I fully trust about certain happenings around Auburn football. One is my father-in-law and the other is a head coach at a high school in lower Alabama. He was a roommate of mine in college. Anyway, both said Harsin won't be our head coach next season. One of the 2 told me he would be fired when he arrived back from Mexico because he was to meet with General Burgess and President Gouge. Interestingly, he never mentioned Allen Greene would meet with Harsin. 

Certain boosters her have NEVER liked Harsin. Apparently, they felt if they put rumors out about him and the media could help fuel it, they figured Harsin would resign and not try to buck up to them. In short, they were bullying Harsin and figured he wouldn't fight back because most in the past never fought back. Well, Harsin bucked up to them and got Russ Campbell involved. Whether it's just Harsin's personality to fight back or if he is just a midwesterner that doesn't know most coaches cower to the money boosters here at Auburn, either way he stood up to them and I guess they're at a standstill. 

I asked "if the PTB doesn't want Harsin here, why not just fire him and eat the $18 million buyout." I was then told that they are worried about how terrible they would look firing a coach after 1 year just because they don't like him. So that's when the PTB decided on putting rumors out that would hopefully get him to be fired with cause. They will end up biting the bullet and paying him the entire buyout and Auburn will look even worse than before because it will show that Jetgate and other mess the PTB has pulled in years past never taught them a lesson.

Bottomline is SOME of our PTB and board members have bullied coaches and others through the years and always won that battle just because they have money and influence. Now they have bullied a coach who has a set on him and who won't just cower to them and the boosters are stunned by it. Sorry that I guaranteed his firing yesterday but from what I was told, it was gonna happen until the lawyers got involved and Coach stood his ground. I'm told it will still happen but with a full buyout and egg on our PTB's faces. 

WDE

They chose this path because they were worried about optics?   😆   

And now they won't pay him because of optics?   😆

I hope Harsin sticks to his guns and these meddling *********** are tarred and feathered. 

If it's true, of course. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I want to take a minute and apologize for "guaranteeing" that Bryan Harsin would be fired wednesday evening.

FWIW, they're probably right, you were just premature in delivery.

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

^^^^^^^ TeamZero77...thanks for sharing. I'm glad someone else got info from a source that didn't turn out yet. Maybe your explanation about the timing explains things.

Sorry...I had to

seinfeld-soupnazi.gif

9 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Barrett Salle didn’t write that article, all he did was share it and make a comment that it was “wild” on Twitter. 

That article was put out by an ASU beatwriter. 

• Like 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Barrett Salle didn’t write that article, all he did was share it and make a comment that it was “wild” on Twitter. 

That article was put out by an ASU beatwriter. 

Thanks for correcting me. It seems I did the exact thing I accused him of doing, assuming. And you know what that means....🤭🤦😄

16 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

WDE

No idea who @TeamZero77is....none.  But he might just know somebody that knows the boogeyman...this is priceless.

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Thanks for correcting me. It seems I did the exact thing I accused him of doing, assuming. And you know what that means....🤭🤦😄

Well even Terry Mohajir called Salle out for it, I am not sure he realized either that one of his own beatwriters is who put that out.  

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Well even Terry Mohajir called Salle out for it, I am not sure he realized either that one of his own beatwriters is who put that out.  

Yes ma'am, but we're a long way from the time when we can assume something is true just because someone put a name on it. I should have researched it, and so should the AD. I like facts, and don't want to repeat anything but facts. Don't mind being called out when I get lazy. War Eagle. 

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I don't know about this Terry fella. He ended every sentence with an exclamation point, which makes his rebuttal lack credibility IMO.

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Yes ma'am, but we're a long way from the time when we can assume something is true just because someone put a name on it. I should have researched it, and so should the AD. I like facts, and don't want to repeat anything but facts. Don't mind being called out when I get lazy. War Eagle. 

Just me personally, but I really don’t think Mohajir liked that getting out there which is why he took to Twitter…. and I have a hard time believing after all these years that beat writer would just start making stuff up.  

That, or he got a call from Harsin’s attorney.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Has anyone else heard that Kirby Smart is trying really hard to hire Zac Etheridge to his UGA staff?? Mainly because of Zac's recruiting.

Yes it has been mentioned here.

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Has anyone else heard that Kirby Smart is trying really hard to hire Zac Etheridge to his UGA staff?? Mainly because of Zac's recruiting.

Yes, actually metafour put that out days ago that there was a real chance he would go to UGA.

I read somewhere else that Caddy also might be entertaining some NFL offers. That came from a sports talk in the Mobile area so who knows but right now I don’t blame them.  Their love for Auburn can only carry them so far, at some point you have to consider your career and work life. 

Zac and Caddy can’t pull all the recruits on their own. 

We are heading for 3starsin with Harsin.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

I don't know about this Terry fella. He ended every sentence with an exclamation point, which makes his rebuttal lack credibility IMO.

Can't tell if joking?

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

You don’t know a damn thing about what’s going on behind the scenes, but you’re making a buffoon out yourself making statements trying to convince everyone that you do. 

Reading comprehension is definitely not your strong suit.  I never complained about his coaching abilities or anything else.  I simply stated widely reported facts about his performance.  They are likely performing an investigation as a proactive measure due to allegations re: Harsin’s abrasive behavior because they’re obligated to do so whether or not they intend to terminate him.  If they don’t, it’s possible they could be sued by those that have made the accusations. Your posts full of illogical assumptions make it abundantly clear that you have little or no experience in a management capacity.  

Do yourself a favor and post less often so as not to look like a blathering idiot!  I assure you I’m not the only one that will appreciate it!

image.gif

Edited by DAG

Just now, jknighton said:

Can't tell if joking?

I am. But we, as a society, have to chill on exclamation points. It's terrible writing.

Maybe those that thought they could steamroll harsin (if true of course) will learn a lesson for the future before they try to do it again.  I don’t have an opinion one way or the other about Harsin (actually liked the guy mostly) but if what 77 indicated is true, I hope he makes them pay big time.  I guess they did not even consider collateral damage…like the young lady’s name they involved.  Someone needs to investigate them….

Edited by BJCrawford

13 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Yes, actually metafour put that out days ago that there was a real chance he would go to UGA.

I read somewhere else that Caddy also might be entertaining some NFL offers. That came from a sports talk in the Mobile area so who knows but right now I don’t blame them.  Their love for Auburn can only carry them so far, at some point you have to consider your career and work life. 

Zac and Caddy can’t pull all the recruits on their own. 

We are heading for 3starsin with Harsin.  

Ok, thanks. I try to read as much as I can on here but the past 7 days on this board has went into overdrive so I miss quiet a bit of things here. 

I totally agree with you about Zac and Caddy. Gotta do what's best for you and the family. I wouldn't blame them one bit because they did so much for us when they were players here but now they're on the business side of things and doing whatever is best for your family should come first. 

Heck, if I were opposing coaches, I would be working hard on getting Trovon Reed to join my staff. That kid is magical when he gets in front of recruits and their families. Especially in La. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

No, it was written by an Arkansas beat writer. Terry Mohajir was the AD at Ark St at the time Harsin was there. Believe he's the UCF AD now. 

I can't imagine why an Arkansas guy would write something negative about Auburn...

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ok, thanks. I try to read as much as I can on here but the past 7 days on this board has went into overdrive so I miss quiet a bit of things here. 

I totally agree with you about Zac and Caddy. Gotta do what's best for you and the family. I wouldn't blame them one bit because they did so much for us when they were players here but now they're on the business side of things and doing whatever is best for your family should come first. 

Heck, if I were opposing coaches, I would be working hard on getting Trovon Reed to join my staff. That kid is magical when he gets in front of recruits and their families. Especially in La. 

Give it time, I am sure Harsin will end up running him off as well. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ertrader said:

No, it was written by an Arkansas beat writer. Terry Mohajir was the AD at Ark St at the time Harsin was there. Believe he's the UCF AD now. 

I can't imagine why an Arkansas guy would write something negative about Auburn...

Uh yeah, that’s what I said?  

He didn’t write anything negative about Auburn.  He wrote something pretty negative about Harsin’s time at Arky State and how Mohajir was about to fire him when Boise hired him away. 

He basically said he saw this all coming because its what happened there too. 

And incidentally enough, now you have Boise writers telling some truths about Harsin’s time there and its not that flattering and again….the same problems we are seeing manifest here. There is a great podcast from JOX this morning with one of their local journalists who covers Boise. 

But yes Auburn is the problem here, not Harsin. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1