Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Saban is not an ass in the same way that Harsin is.  I can assure you that Saban is respectful toward people he works with, while being demanding of his coaching staff.  Also, contrary to some people's misguided conclusions, Pat Dye was not an ass hat.  He was a gentleman that never wavered from his philosophy that you could coach them only as hard as you would love them.

In Bobby Bowden's words, they don't care what you know, until they know you care.

Bolded statement would be vehemently disagreed with by the three people I talked to that worked with him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I refuse to believe all of this is to get Kevin Effing Steele as Head Coach as the desired outcome of this inevitable coaching search @zeroforwinger. They saw the reaction last year. If they really go down that route and avenue then they are the most tone deaf power broker's at a major school. It would be a collosal disaster and fans would be furious and speak out via their wallets. Our PTB and money guys are dysfunctional but man I would hope they aren't this dumb!!!

There's just no way it's Kevin Steele. No way ...

... right?

• Haha 3

Just now, cbo said:

There's just no way it's Kevin Steele. No way ...

... right?

It’s not Steele. Gosh darn it. Why do people keep saying his damn name. If you say it enough it may be like a boogeyman scenario

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

It’s not Steele. Gosh darn it. Why do people keep saying his damn name. If you say it enough it may be like a boogeyman scenario

Candyman....🤭

25 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its a one time donation to help the people out that keep this board going free of charge for everyone.

Honestly I didn’t do it for the access, I did it because I appreciate what they provide, I’ve been a member here since we were Auburn Eagle and figured I owed them at least that.  But there is a wealth of information provided, and the discussion is more substantial I would say.  

What is the amount or is their somewhere on the site to get more info

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Proud Tiger says otherwise from his source. Ouch

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

And you know this how?

8 minutes ago, Taco said:

He would have went to Notre Dame if they waited.

I was really surprised they didn’t offer him….but then again if UC wasn’t in the playoffs who knows…..but I think that Freeman was a very good choice for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

And you know this how?

I know what I know. 

Wanna know why Greene isn’t doing anything? Cause he’s done too. Him and Harsin are gonna be hanging out in a pool here again soon. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Who do you think wanted Gen Burgess in the Athletic Dept in the first place? Gen Burgess also serves on Great Southern Wood Holdings Board of Directors.

Is this true? Lol. Seems like a conflict of interest, but this is AU

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Proud Tiger says otherwise from his source. Ouch

I said my source said he was one of two being discussed. Let's hope Rhule is interested but not sure why he would be.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

I was really surprised they didn’t offer him….but then again if UC wasn’t in the playoffs who knows…..but I think that Freeman was a very good choice for them. 

Coach Fickell was very supportive. 

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

And you know this how?

I'm taking this as you're both correct. The top two names are Steele and Rhule and it isn't gonna be Kevin Effing Steele. And so, after some deducing, welcome Coach Rhule!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Please....I didn't say he was, just a source said he is one of two candidates being discussed

No sir. You absolutely did. With bullet points. You can't say it as fact and deny it. We'll have to get you a job in the media. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

I know what I know. 

Wanna know why Greene isn’t doing anything? Cause he’s done too. Him and Harsin are gonna be hanging out in a pool here again soon. 

You hearing anyone decent? I need a little ray of hope.

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who is the other one

Carolina Panthers Coach Rhule. A plus is he might could bring some staff with him right away.

Panthers Coaching Staff | Carolina Panthers - Panthers.com

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaba4ever said:

I'm taking this as you're both correct. The top two names are Steele and Rhule and it isn't gonna be Kevin Effing Steele. And so, after some deducing, welcome Coach Rhule!!!

No Rhule doesn’t fit the criteria. 

Look of a guy with an SEC background/experience. I don’t know names I don’t know “top 2” or whatever. But I know it’s not Kevin Steele. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Is this true? Lol. Seems like a conflict of interest, but this is AU

LOL. I wish it weren't. but it is

Edited by Randman5000

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I said my source said he was one of two being discussed. Let's hope Rhule is interested but not sure why he would be.

Cause he knows how to come in after dumpster fires! lol

2 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

You hearing anyone decent? I need a little ray of hope.

I don’t know names. Just the criteria. 

There’s one that has definite interest that I would love. Don’t know if it’ll happen but he fits the description 

Just now, Taco said:

No Rhule doesn’t fit the criteria. 

Look of a guy with an SEC background/experience. I don’t know names I don’t know “top 2” or whatever. But I know it’s not Kevin Steele. 

Oh. Well my hopes got up there for a second. Honestly though, as long as it isn't he whose name should not be mentioned, I'm good with it. I'm guessing Freeze.