Super Regional Thread

@TigerbelleThanks for being the optimistic person you are through the entire season. I get a bit emotional during game threads and during the heat of the moment I might always be so positive.

The gut and grit this team has shown through the entire year is amazing!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Beaverdreams said:

Hey guys...Beaver fan here....great game!  Still would rather be you here. Anyhow....nice series.

Thanks! It was a very competitive series. 

War Eagle!

• Like 4

I hate a house divided like I have tonight. My OSU grad wife is a bit disappointed but I'm sure happy. She will pull hard for us in Omaha.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Almost felt like a redemption moment for Burkhalter, for some reason 

great job 

For the hair loss, ulcers, and high blood pressure many of Burkhalter’s white knuckle Saves have caused me this year, it was all worth it. Eight outs to Omaha and Burky pitched his tail off. 

CWS in two of the last three seasons!  Keep it going Butch, Gabe and Huddy, This is something special!  War Eagle!!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Decent game

Thank goodness for DiChiara!!!

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 2

WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREagle Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

@TigerbelleThanks for being the optimistic person you are through the entire season. I get a bit emotional during game threads and during the heat of the moment I might always be so positive.

The gut and grit this team has shown through the entire year is amazing!

I appreciate it tgrogan21.  I just love my Tigers and I have pretty good instincts about baseball. I come from a baseball family. You have added so much to this forum, and taking up the job of play by play was such a valuable part of the season here. We all appreciate how much work that was. You helped make it fun for all of us. 

I swear I still can't breathe and I'm exhausted from the late nights but boy oh boy has this been fun!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Beaverdreams said:

Hey guys...Beaver fan here....great game!  Still would rather be you here. Anyhow....nice series.

My wife is an OSU grad so we were divided tonight. Thanks for your comment.

Great win against against a very good and very classy team.  This Auburn teams has won in multiple different ways during the College World Series.  We have won by beat the hide off the baseball and scoring runs in bunches, We have won with solid starter pitching and very good bullpen work, We have made defensive plays. We won this game with solid pitching minimal hitting but the few hits were at the right time including a bunt and then Burkhalter shutting the door.

We only lost one game during this whole stretch and that was against one of the best pitchers in college baseball.

On to Omaha and while Ole Miss beat us in SEC play this is not the same team. We can beat Ole Miss.

War Eagle.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I watched Brooks Fuller's Instagram Live showing the celebration, and he just poured all his love to Auburn in that video. He said, "That's why you don't transfer!" I know he's struggled last two years but it was heartwarming to see that.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Holy Cow. low Key the SEC is well represented. I mean we can even consider OU and UT. That is nasty. Imagine if UTenn didn't get upsetted. 

No no.  I am quite fine remembering that bit of history EXACTLY as it went down lol!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bring Butch to the Plains in 2017 and reap IMMEDIATE benefits.  I hope Auburn power-brokers 100% buy into this program because the Plains should be a top 3 baseball atmosphere in this conference!  It's time to accept the moving of the mantle from "scrappy overachievers" to "a damn formidable powerhouse!"

WDE!  So happy for Burkie...for Brody and Kason getting to close their careers at the place they started them..for the guys like Fuller, Wade and others who haven't had things go their way...for Josh Hall and the sacrifice of his season laying out at Alex Box stadium...phew, this is friggin amazing!!  

Edited by SCTiger2011
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Hope someone in Omaha booked the team a motel in-state!!

Well, if not, Council Bluffs Iowa is right across the river. Maybe a ten minute drive to the ball park. :)

• Like 2