When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

5 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

And why was Kevin Steele going to be such a bad hire??  Serious question.

As much as people are going to hate it AU has to hire someone that the big time boosters want. Period!!  If you don’t believe me. I must ask if you watched the game today?  There is no more recruiting in college football.  It is all NIL!!  So if the boosters aren’t on board. You see what happens.

Heck we just had a Big 10 team come into our house and out manned us at everywhere except 3 positions!! I would take our edge rusher, Defensive end over there’s, and our kicker.  That is it!!  And that is a big 10 team!!  The only was to fix this program is to get money flowing to this players  otherwise they are not coming here.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Steele

"Steele succeeded Dave Roberts as the head coach at Baylor University from 1999 to 2002. His record was 9–36 (1–31 in the Big 12 conference)." 

15 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Hardest schedule, ultra demanding fan base due to Bama/Georgia success, coaching carousel started, list goes on. What great coach would walk into that even with a blank check offer? Seriously. It’s painful, but I just don’t see a good path for a long time.

I always love the “hardest schedule” argument. If we were really good, it wouldn’t be the hardest schedule. It’s only the hardest schedule because too many of our opponents are better than us. For once, I’d like to be good enough to make everyone else’s schedule the hardest schedule. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I need to clarify- SHOULDN'T fire him without an AD. 

bull**** fire his ass now 😂 we can deal with an interim until the AD is found. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No. It will be mentioned a million times by the media and it was just too sleazy to overlook. There are better options or at least equal ones without that baggage.

Just curious….name one or two?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don’t know. We need to finally go after a 5 star coach and land him. A power 5 head coach with a proven resume. We haven’t hired one since Tubbs.

To be fair Tubbs at the time was not a home run hire lol

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deon Sanders. 

I love the hiring of Q. I’m just not sold on Prime as a HC but I bet he could recruit lights out at just about any major program. I would definitely be 100% on board with a Grimes hire…..uh, Jeff not JB lol

• Like 4

First time post. I’m normally an X/O not a Jimmy/Joe guy but you need at least 4 stars across the board to compete. What I saw today was atrocious with all of the talent that was in the portal. I like Harsin personally and think he got railroaded in February. It was a gross hit job. All of that being said unless we want to have a Tennesse level slide we need to make a change ASAP and as much as I hate to say it…give me Neon Deion. He will bring in the talent coaching wise and on the field. That is our best shot to rebuild quick through the portal. I don’t know if he would bring us a Natty but the talent alone would get us to consistent 10 win seasons.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I love the hiring of Q. I’m just not sold on Prime as a HC but I bet he could recruit lights out at just about any major program. I would definitely be 100% on board with a Grimes hire…..uh, Jeff not JB lol

Any that is how we get back. We need players ASAP!

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

To be fair Tubbs at the time was not a home run hire lol

Since Shug, there has never been a “home run “ hire.   Auburn doesn’t do that.   According to some on here, auburn is more worried about bad publicity than getting the best coach.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Bronco Mendenhall, Jeff Grimes, Dave Aranda. There's 3.

How about

image.jpeg.73a7339015dc4fe9867ba040bc7e74bb.jpeg

9 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

We wait for Mizzou and LSU. A loss to both, he’s done. An embarrassing loss to LSU he’s done. He loses to Mizzou, he’s done. Win both, he gets to season end. 

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deon Sanders. 

I’m all for it.

That would be great for recruiting and NIL and portal players. The media would actually be fawning all over us first a change. It would be a GREAT gutsy move in other words... it will never happen 

4 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

Es gibt fuer uns keine andere Auswahl.  Er ist ein Uebermensch.  

Unfortunately I do not speak German. Is this football talk or message board sexting?

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 2

Just now, aubaseball said:

Since Shug, there has never been a “home run “ hire.   Auburn doesn’t do that.   According to some on here, auburn is more worried about bad publicity than getting the best coach.  

Yes and that’s a dumb Ass way to do things. That’s why AU football sucks ass. It’s because those people are in positions of authority. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deutschetiger said:

Es gibt fuer uns keine andere Auswahl.  Er ist ein Uebermensch.  

Dang it ….. I wish I knew German 

Hope that’s German 

3 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Any that is how we get back. We need players ASAP!

Absolutely. You still have to coach them up and go against a lot of really good coaches. Prime worries me because almost always the best players (in any sport) make the worst coaches