Jake Crain bringing the heat

RunInRed

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Maybe slightly . Bad pic though . Gives me too much Aaron Rodgers vibes. 

We just need to get you some of that Ayahuasca and then you can join the Wolfpack.

I need to bring @cole256 in on this too to make it a three-way in every sense of the term...

the-hangover-three-best-friends.gif.9c7a899e462735cecf7827a1e5bea9af.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Look at his defensive performances at OKSt, you may change your mind again...

Question.... Do u think the decision has already been made to fire Harsin? Anyway, he keeps his job other than winning 9 games?

11 minutes ago, e808 said:

All these staff hirings. I wonder who is responsible for being the eyes and ears for the coach in cases like that

Good question. I have no idea. 

49 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

There is so much chest-pounding it’s nauseating. Like, congratulations for being right, but not giving the man time and having your mind made up from the beginning doesn’t make you appear more intelligent or insightful; it’s the opposite in fact. (The only person that gets a pass in my mind is @passthebiscuits. He’s connected and never wavered.) People like me that wanted to give him time were waiting for that moment when we could confidently say he will work or he won’t. We did that for Gus, and we did it for Harsin. We all got that moment on Saturday. Harsin’s got to go, and I say before the bye-week. 

I don’t know of a soul that didn’t give Harsin a chance. Nobody “had their mind made up from the beginning”. In fact, his hiring largely united the fanbase - myself included - who wanted to stick it to the meddlers who wanted Steele. Everybody was excited for the guy, and his HC record instilled a lot of hope.

You guys just let emotion and wishful thinking cloud your vision, and now won’t admit it. We all wanted CBH to win. But by last January there were dozens of horrible signs. You guys got it wrong by trying to dismiss them.

That’s okay. Everybody gets stuff wrong. But don’t act like your denial was fair minded, as opposed to everyone else who you claim (inexplicably) was against Harsin “from the start”. Makes no sense. 

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

JMHO. I think it is only a matter of when. His fate is sealed. 

• Like 2

Just now, cbo said:

Good question. I have no idea. 

My old football coach from high school got hired by Auburn to be that guy for Tuberville😂. We used to make fun of him when he came back to visit. We’d be like “did Tubs let you let go of his belt loop long enough to visit” haha

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Question.... Do u think the decision has already been made to fire Harsin? Anyway, he keeps his job other than winning 9 games?

Not Bird, but try to imagine the conversations going on between anyone with influence, or involved in the decision making process.  Any of them that are trying to defend Harsin, are having a hard time finding a sound argument, that is not "damn, do we really have to pay another buyout so soon?"  When you are not recruiting well, and getting embarrassed in JHS, there are probably very few influential voices in your corner.

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

For some, I'm sure it's yes

7 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Not Bird, but try to imagine the conversations going on between anyone with influence, or involved in the decision making process.  Any of them that are trying to defend Harsin, are having a hard time finding a sound argument, that is not "damn, do we really have to pay another buyout so soon?"  When you are not recruiting well, and getting embarrassed in JHS, there are probably very few influential voices in your corner.

I’m not sure Harsin has ANY supporters left in those influential circles, if he even had any to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

There is so much chest-pounding it’s nauseating. Like, congratulations for being right, but not giving the man time and having your mind made up from the beginning doesn’t make you appear more intelligent or insightful; it’s the opposite in fact. (The only person that gets a pass in my mind is @passthebiscuits. He’s connected and never wavered.) 

I've seen more complaining about "I told you so's" than actual "I told you so's."

I've seen "you guys must be so happy now that you were right." Which is absurd. Everybody wanted Auburn to win. 

I've also seen people who were condescending for half a year about how "Harsin will prove you wrong," very quickly shift to "it doesn't matter who's wrong or right." Funny stuff. 

• Like 3

And that's how it should be. 

The instant and intense hatred for CBH after his announcement was strange. Too many got their lenses muddied in February and couldn't find their way back from the loud and unfounded rumors.  Many just doubled down on their hypocritical disdain in an attempt to save face. 

Those that were willing to show patience were criticized regularly. I do believe though that the majority of those lost their patience this last Saturday too.  I did. It was wholly embarrassing and we need to now pivot.

Amen. Wasn't wild about the hire. Lack of recruiting was a massive red flag. Gave him the benefit of the doubt and now I finally realize he is way in over his head and was an absolute horrible hire. Allen Greene made a real bone head move. Glad he's gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metafour said:

LOL.

Imagine had Harsin had to have dealt with Tennessee's mess, like Heupel did. This guy inherited a capable SEC QB (Nix), a star RB (Tank), and a good defense. Tennessee lost nearly half their roster to the portal and all of their best players left; on top of the fact that they were much worse than Auburn to begin with.

I'm tired of hearing how Harsin apparently walked into a no-win situation. He created or exasperated all of his problems himself and didn't fix any of the problems that he inherited. Any coach who is brought in to replace someone who was fired is going to need to fix SOMETHING, so even suggesting that Harsin was limited because he inherited a poor OL is lame as s***. With massive resources, he doubled down on hiring his buddy-coaches from the MWC - and they all look hopelessly inept.

I don't think it's a given at all that he will be successful elsewhere. So far we've seen that he's capable of winning at a pre-built program where everything was left well oiled and tidy for him, and he already knew everything that needed to be known because his entire resume was spent coaching at that school. Where else is he going to get that same picture-perfect scenario? He's failed miserably at Auburn in a rebuild type scenario and he'll need to do that at 99% of the places that he'll need to go next. Good luck to him, maybe he's learned something here that will help him. Unfortunately for him, his comments and continual mentions about "the coup" suggest that he's probably just going to leave AU under the premise that he did nothing wrong and he just got treated unfairly here.

Hammer.  Nail.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

And another thing is that part of his 2nd half where he went out, he was CLEARLY hurt and still trying to play behind a peacemeal OL. 

I don't think people realize though, how hard it is to throw the ball accurately while your feet are in the air or not set. In football, one of the basic mechanical tenets of throwing is that your feet must both be pointing at your target. When you're running on the move or have a half a second to set your feet because you have to move out of the pocket to get a throw off, there's no guarantee. Also if you're running, the rotational power from your hips to drive the ball to the spot (assuming you're throwing to a spot) isn't there at all.

This is what TJ basically was doing ALL night. You'll look entirely different from playing that way and playing in a clean pocket with time to aim. And don't get me started on the inexeplicable times of when TJ gets a rhythm.

I'm not saying he's a great QB, but he has had an unfair assessment throughout the time and given <50% of the benefit of the doubt Bo got.

Also one of his INTs was while trying to throw the ball out of bounds and getting hit from behind. 

TJ's drive right before the half was actually very solid.  Three straight completions against a zone defense when the o-line gave him time.  And then Shed fumbled.

• Like 3

The instant and intense hatred for CBH after his announcement was strange. Too many got their lenses muddied in February and couldn't find their way back from the loud and unfounded rumors.  Many just doubled down on their hypocritical disdain in an attempt to save face. 

Those that were willing to show patience were criticized regularly. I do believe though that the majority of those lost their patience this last Saturday too.  I did. It was wholly embarrassing and we need to now pivot.

Indeed and indeed, BB. You have been one who has been here since day 1 and still here. Highly respectable. Call it how you see it . With that being said , I am still not messing with one of these folks lol. Glad you are here to bring more entertainment in that regard. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

And talking facts …

This is awesome lol I feel the same way. He's wasting everyone's time. Hurting the players the most.

I feel kind of bad for Tank. He really should've transferred to Georgia. They need a RB. He'd be an All-American and potentially a national champion.

Yep, my sentiments exactly 

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

If you know what you're doing, you can win big at Auburn.  If we get the right coach, watch out.  This whole poor pitiful Harsin was treated unfairly stuff is nonsense - dude makes $5M/yr, will leave with 3X that and made our program worse since the day he stepped on campus.  Bye.

That’s fine . So tell your boys to put their money where their mouth is. Been hearing from you guys we got the money and so and so candidate is ready. “We almost had this guy.” If this guy sucks so bad, fire him (like supposedly was going to happen last off season) and get the “right” guy.  All this talk is cheap . Literally and figuratively. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, metafour said:

LOL.

Imagine had Harsin had to have dealt with Tennessee's mess, like Heupel did. This guy inherited a capable SEC QB (Nix), a star RB (Tank), and a good defense. Tennessee lost nearly half their roster to the portal and all of their best players left; on top of the fact that they were much worse than Auburn to begin with.

I'm tired of hearing how Harsin apparently walked into a no-win situation. He created or exasperated all of his problems himself and didn't fix any of the problems that he inherited. Any coach who is brought in to replace someone who was fired is going to need to fix SOMETHING, so even suggesting that Harsin was limited because he inherited a poor OL is lame as s***. With massive resources, he doubled down on hiring his buddy-coaches from the MWC - and they all look hopelessly inept.

I don't think it's a given at all that he will be successful elsewhere. So far we've seen that he's capable of winning at a pre-built program where everything was left well oiled and tidy for him, and he already knew everything that needed to be known because his entire resume was spent coaching at that school. Where else is he going to get that same picture-perfect scenario? He's failed miserably at Auburn in a rebuild type scenario and he'll need to do that at 99% of the places that he'll need to go next. Good luck to him, maybe he's learned something here that will help him. Unfortunately for him, his comments and continual mentions about "the coup" suggest that he's probably just going to leave AU under the premise that he did nothing wrong and he just got treated unfairly here.

PREACH!

They should have LIVED in the portal. I will never understand it. 

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

If you know what you're doing, you can win big at Auburn.  If we get the right coach, watch out.  This whole poor pitiful Harsin was treated unfairly stuff is nonsense - dude makes $5M/yr, will leave with 3X that and made our program worse since the day he stepped on campus.  Bye.

image.gif.5a03a6843f9b08809d249c728ca46a0f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cbo said:

This is how I remember it, timing wise. Some hated Harsin from the start, some defended him until Saturday. 

But many of us got excited about Harsin in the beginning, then when he lost the last 5 games, wasn't recruiting well, hired an OC that lasted 10 days, and Mason left, it felt like a program in chaos. It wasn't any one thing, it was the combination. And that was before all the rumors and investigation. T

This is about the time I started realizing we may be in trouble, I was hoping against all hope we could turn it around this year but that's not happening and the fan base seems to be almost at 100% on letting him go. So the sooner we do it the sooner we might can start fixing this mess we are in. 

• Like 2