2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who was a much more highly rated recruit than anybody your boy Harsin signed in his disastrous stay at Auburn.

And yet the end result was the same. Go figure.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd like to look at Brock Vandagriff again. He's got to be unhappy being constantly passed over 

100% agree - I was just talking to my dad about this yesterday. He asked me, “if Vandagriff was so good then why isn’t he seeing any playing time?” I reminded him that he’s playing for the same coach that was going to let Justin Fields ride the bench for his career. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hutson Card to Purdue. I have a feeling that are starting QB next year is still at somewhere else.

Auburn must not have been looking at Card very seriously as he committed to Purdue that just hired a coach less than two weeks ago and it would appear Auburn have coaches that know how to coach up a QB.

• Like 2

Questions for someone in the know:  What is the last day someone can enroll and still take part in spring practice?

Ideally, what positions do we need to have shored up by enrollment deadline to go through spring practice and which can wait to try to get other holes filled during late signing day/late portal date?  I would think that OL/DL, LB need to be in place early, as well as QB.  Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Questions for someone in the know:  What is the last day someone can enroll and still take part in spring practice?

Ideally, what positions do we need to have shored up by enrollment deadline to go through spring practice and which can wait to try to get other holes filled during late signing day/late portal date?  I would think that OL/DL, LB need to be in place early, as well as QB.  Thoughts?

I seem to remember that the final day to drop and add classes is January 8th, so somewhere in that timeframe. 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

I imagine all of our eggs are in the for spencer sanders 

It could be wishful thinking since he’s still brand new, but I don’t think CHF is going to be like the last 2 HCs, where if we swing and Miss on option A we’re just screwed.   I think he’ll have multiple back up plans with recruiting.   The McCall situation was unforeseen, and the very next day we had another high quality portal QB on campus!  Now, we haven’t gotten one yet, but I’m sure we’ll have some more guys visit, and eventually we’ll reel one in.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I seem to remember that the final day to drop and add classes is January 8th, so somewhere in that timeframe. 

18th*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Auburn must not have been looking at Card very seriously as he committed to Purdue that just hired a coach less than two weeks ago and it would appear Auburn have coaches that know how to coach up a QB.

He's incredibly average and unassuming.

Vandagriff was a 5* guy with Auburn ties as I recall. Nussmeier was a high 4* recruit from Texas and very impressive in SEC championship game. I would be fine with either of those. But it's looking like the staff is after a single year man with the most experience (namely Sanders),   maybe so their development work is focused on our younger guys. Although Ashford and Finley are actually a year ahead of these two, just underdeveloped I guess. I'm sure CHF has a plan. We just need to keep the faith and trust him and Coaches Montgomery and Austin.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I think Sanders is our first choice of what is currently available, but more options may become available in the next 10 days.  Keep your eyes open for the visitor list for January 6 and 13 - it will reveal our intentions for QB as well as other key positions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

May end up being there but I doubt it has been so far. There would have been a lot more buzz about him IMO if our eggs were in his basket.

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

@roe4christ Also for @Gowebb11 January 18th for this upcoming Spring semester.

what positions do we need to have shored up by enrollment deadline to go through spring practice

As many possible.

which can wait to try to get other holes filled during late signing day/late portal date?

Whatever's left that hasn't been filled. The only positions trulu in a good spot are CB, S, & PK.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's hilarious how out of the way you go to defend Gus. Pathetic, but funny.

It's hilarious how out of the way you go to ATTACK Gus. Pathetic, but funny. Fixed it for you.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's hilarious how out of the way you go to ATTACK Gus. Pathetic, but funny. Fixed it for you.

You mean the fired coach that left Auburn in a massive hole?  Yeah, I do bad mouth him. Strange that you defend the failure 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I just want a quarterback. A good one. I've been patient long enough dang it

I don’t think we are going to get a “good” one but one who is at least serviceable 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think we are going to get a “good” one but one who is at least serviceable 

I agree. I want an A lister but I’m also excited to see what this staff can do with Ashford and Geriner behind legitimate offensive linemen. 

• Like 1