2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

10 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

Nice to see you posting so much again E. My question, can Lew be our next Dismukes?

I'm not sure he's going to be big enough year 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

And for the record Freeze was my number one want for our coach from the beginning and I am thrilled to have him

You can have your pick of the litter and still be objective to other coaches ?! What a concept. 

• Like 5

You know, I was on the fence about taking advantage of the 75% discount at On3. Made it all the way to the payment screen a few weeks ago. After this, no way I am shelling out some $ for them to throw spaghetti against the wall. Horrible performance on their ENSD predictions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

You know, I was on the fence about taking advantage of the 75% discount at On3. Made it all the way to the payment screen a few weeks ago. After this, no way I am shelling out some $ for them to throw spaghetti against the wall. Horrible performance on their ENSD predictions 

I wish we would just stick with 247 ratings.

Edited by AUwent

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure he's going to be big enough year 1

I'm not sure either, but the kid is very smart and coachable, so I could see him adding fifteen pounds of muscle over the next 8 months with guidance from our S. and C. coach. Nothing is for sure, but there is a chance.

Edited by autan

1 hour ago, autan said:

I'm not sure either, but the kid is very smart and coachable, so I could see him adding fifteen pounds of muscle over the next 8 months with guidance from our S. and C. coach. Nothing is for sure, but there is a chance.

He will walk into AU one of the strongest players on the roster. 405+ bench and 385+ power clean as a 17 year old HS senior. 2 of my college teammates were his HC and DC/Strength coaches at Kennesaw Mountain. They spoke extremely highly of him and his work ethic. He may or may not be ready to play next fall, but I don’t think it will be from a lack of preparation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

So is anyone left? I’m trying not to question Thornton yet. Because a few days ago things were looking up.

Is Spencer Sanders any good?

Edited by AUwent

36 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So is anyone left? I’m trying not to question Thornton yet. Because a few days ago things were looking up.

There will be others enter the portal after bowl season. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I do know what I’m talking about. Whatever your grudge is from our past is please drop it. Your OP said you don’t think Deion could have done that. Dion flipping Jatta from us shows that he definitely could’ve done what Freeze did. I’m not saying he would have. Could have just simply means a possibility, even if it’s a small one.

also, please don’t patronize me by rehashing to me everything you know I know already happened in recruiting with us.

lastly, let’s not make this a Freeze versus Deion thing. It’s just not the time or place for it in this thread. There are other threads to do that type of discussion. And for the record Freeze was my number one want for our coach from the beginning and I am thrilled to have him!

Lol  “don’t patronize me by rehashing to me everything you know I know”

This is why every time you leave, and claim your not coming back, you always come back, because your ego will not let you stay away.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Lol  “don’t patronize me by rehashing to me everything you know I know”

This is why every time you leave, and claim your not coming back, you always come back, because your ego will not let you stay away.

*You're 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I have been asking a long time for Spencer Sanders.  My daughter currently goes to Oklahoma State and I have watched Sanders for the past 4 years.  He is really good guys.  He is extremely confident (not cocky) on the field and does not get rattled.  He has good touch on the ball both long passes and short/underneath.  Many of his incomplete passes were drops and interceptions were tip/deflections.  And he can run for sure.  Knows when to stand in the pocket until the last nano second, and when to take off and run.  Seems like every time he has tucked and run, it was always at least a 10 yard pick up.  Knows when to throw it away and not force it.  Something he has gotten better at year after year.  I would compare him to a much older mature Robbie Ashford, but with much better accuracy on his passes.  Not making excuses but Sanders is a really really good 1 year gap qb.  Completely off topic but my daughter arrived in Indonesia last night from Oklahoma State University.  I am a happy dad this holiday season.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Tulsa's Starting LT has to be our top target. But Lotta comp

Stanford's OT apparently is struggling with credits/major/transfer

Charlotte OL had high praise from his conference, but hasn't seemed to gain much traction anywhere.

UF's expected starting OT entered yesterday. Was starter this year until he got hurt.

I'm sure there are more, but these seem to be the top ones

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I have been asking a long time for Spencer Sanders.  My daughter currently goes to Oklahoma State and I have watched Sanders for the past 4 years.  He is really good guys.  He is extremely confident (not cocky) on the field and does not get rattled.  He has good touch on the ball both long passes and short/underneath.  Many of his incomplete passes were drops and interceptions were tip/deflections.  And he can run for sure.  Knows when to stand in the pocket until the last nano second, and when to take off and run.  Seems like every time he has tucked and run, it was always at least a 10 yard pick up.  Knows when to throw it away and not force it.  Something he has gotten better at year after year.  I would compare him to a much older mature Robbie Ashford, but with much better accuracy on his passes.  Not making excuses but Sanders is a really really good 1 year gap qb.  Completely off topic but my daughter arrived in Indonesia last night from Oklahoma State University.  I am a happy dad this holiday season.

That's awesome! Enjoy your time with your daughter. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

That's awesome! Enjoy your time with your daughter. 

Appreciate it AUBwins.  Headed to Bali for about 10 days.  Have a great holiday season yourself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Stanford's OT apparently is struggling with credits/major/transfer

😲

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

That’s awesome Roe, you guys have a great time together!

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

That’s awesome Roe, you guys have a great time together!

Thanks NoALtiger.  Appreciate you.  Have a great time with your family this holiday season.  BTW.......where are you from?  I am originally from Boaz.  Just serving the Lord in the uttermost.  

How many OL do we need now?

I suspect 1-2 more OL, but what about WR and LB?

• Like 2