Men vs SC game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

???

I was saying coaching was the reason we stopped playing. I think Pearl has a tendency to make them take their foot off the gas when we get up on teams. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Angry 1

USC just can’t figure out the Broome - green pairing today.  And how bout flan playing under control and hitting the boards.  Of course he immediately misses the layup 

flan with zero turnovers 

Edited by mustache eagle

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

USC just can’t figure out the Broome - green pairing today.  And how bout flan playing under control and hitting the boards.  Of course he immediately misses the layup 

KD playing under control…it’s like the boys are maturing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

We’ve now had this announcing crew a few times now and I just really don’t like them.  Give me fishback 

What annoys me the most is how they keep saying Bama and Tennessee are going to run the table in the SEC. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

We’ve now had this announcing crew a few times now and I just really don’t like them.  Give me fishback 

One of them said he wasn't sure Auburn had a "pro" on the entire team.  I'm not the best at evaluating basketball talent, but there are times when Broome looks like he could play in the NBA.   He plays pretty solid D and has decent moves around the basket.   Al is still recovering from the achilles, but wasn't he projected 2 years ago as a first rounder?

17 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

One of them said he wasn't sure Auburn had a "pro" on the entire team.  I'm not the best at evaluating basketball talent, but there are times when Broome looks like he could play in the NBA.   He plays pretty solid D and has decent moves around the basket.   Al is still recovering from the achilles, but wasn't he projected 2 years ago as a first rounder?

Yeah AF looked like a much better player 2 years ago though, and was 2 years younger. Hell get a UDFA spot from someone at worst though 

I think Johni just has so little translatable value to the current game for centers offensively. Dreadful 3 point shooter, dreadful FT shooter, not a great rolling threat off of screens (which is what Walker excelled at), and while he’s good back to the basket, you need to basically be generational for that to even be a skill teams care about anymore 

He’s kinda plodding foot speed wise too. Very smart defender but there’s not many centers in the league that can survive being slow 

• Like 3

For example, Luka Garza was basically flier status and he was basically Oscar Tshibe level (and then some) for 2 consecutive years. That’s to me the barometer for how every non-exceptional (to a NBA team) center prospect compares 

• Like 1

IMO, this was surely one of Wendell's best games ever for Auburn. 16 points, 12 assists, only 2 turnovers.

But they sure looked good today. USCe has a few guys who can drop some baskets, but they don't play tough defense and aren't really organized offensively.

I'm so glad to see Auburn take care of business against teams like LSU, USCe, and the Missies, because the second half of the season is going to be brutal. Playing these teams has really given the guys some on-floor time to find themselves as a team. They are going to need that down the stretch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Maverick.AU  this will be the whole board if you don’t start all the game threads from here on out!!! 😂😂

93B4E731-18F6-485D-9ACB-E620884BF2BE.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Love 1

• Like 2

• Like 2

Best fans in the country hands down!!! We show up and show out in droves on the road!!! 

Edited by GwillMac6